WeTek Community Forum
Hi WeTek Fan! :)

Please check our WeTek Closed BETA program: http://www.wetekforums.com/v/discussion/31382/call-for-closed-beta-on-wetek-play-2?new=1

Thanks
MasterChief117

WiFi not working.

iabeddisiabeddis Posts: 1WeTek Community Member
HI, i have a wetek play running the standard wetek adroid build. When i run through the initial wizard i try to connect to the internet via wifi but it just won't work. It says turning on wifi but nothing happens.
I have however connected via ethernet and the box seems to work fine. I have also managed to connect to the wifi once after connecting through ethernet, but this was only once and very briefly. I have checked to see if the box is running the latest OS (it is) and i have rebooted to factory settings twice but to no avail.
Hopefully there is a simple fix you guys can help me with?

Thanks

Comments

• MasterChief117MasterChief117 Posts: 3,706Administrator - WeTek Community Manager
    iabeddis wrote: »
    HI, i have a wetek play running the standard wetek adroid build. When i run through the initial wizard i try to connect to the internet via wifi but it just won't work. It says turning on wifi but nothing happens.
    I have however connected via ethernet and the box seems to work fine. I have also managed to connect to the wifi once after connecting through ethernet, but this was only once and very briefly. I have checked to see if the box is running the latest OS (it is) and i have rebooted to factory settings twice but to no avail.
    Hopefully there is a simple fix you guys can help me with?

Thanks

Hi iabeddis,

Welcome to WeTek Forum
    I'm very sorry for the inconvenience may have caused you,

It seems the Wifi antenna is faulty, or it got loose.

You can try to open your WeTek and check if the Antenna is well inserted, you can follow this tutorial to open your WeTek (you won't lose your warranty)

or, if you don't fell confortable doing this, please contact our support (just click on my signature)

Make a small brief of the problem, and you can copy the link to this topic.

Best regards

• krusherkrusher Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
    Hello I just received my wetek play 2 today and hooked it up. Just like you i am going through the wifi Setup Wizard it will not accept my wifi password which I have put in numerous times and i know it is correct. It says it cannot find my router. Just wanted to know if you tried to check the antenna inside the box and if it worked for you before I send this thing back.
  • BrandenburxBrandenburx Posts: 1WeTek Community Member
    Hi, Need help.
    I have just bought Wetek play 2. I read that it supports Wireless 2.4 and 5.8 Ghz. Try to connect it to an omni access point 5.8Ghz, but can not. It only detects the SSID but can not be connected. Is there anything I should do to make it works?

Thank you
  • ThrallThrall Posts: 3,007WeTek Support Team
    I would recommend you to stick with 2.4Ghz.
    5Ghz is not an optimal network setup for WeTek Play 2.

Best Regards