WeTek Community Forum
Hi WeTek Fan! :)

Please check our WeTek Closed BETA program: http://www.wetekforums.com/v/discussion/31382/call-for-closed-beta-on-wetek-play-2?new=1

Thanks
MasterChief117

Network Share Mounter for CIFS and NFS

ChristianTroyChristianTroy Posts: 1,913WeTek Community Member, Developers
I created this app for helping mounting remote shares from a NAS or any other network drive. It works with Samba (CIFS) and NFSv3 shares.
The app requires root permissions (tested with SuperSU) because shell's "mount" command can be executed only as root.
It also requires in-kernel support for CIFS and/or NFS, without at least one of them the app won't work.

At first start you will be prompted with an empty shares list as you can see here:

eKBc94i.png

My suggestion is to go to the Settings (top right icon) and change the "Mount point" to a writable path. You can use a path to the internal storage (/storage/sdcard0) or to the microsd (/storage/sdcard1) but I discourage you from doing that, and instead, on WeTek devices you can use "/tmp" that is mounted as a writable tmpfs.

h071YBk.png

After that just go back to the main window, press the "+" floating action button and add a share:

xP33XJp.png

"Share name" will identify the share by creating a folder with that name in the previously selected "Mount point" so the share will be mounted there.
"Share address" must be a valid CIFS or NFSv3 share. An example of a valid CIFS share is "//192.168.0.100/Downloads", while a valid NFSv3 share is "192.168.0.100:/volume1/Portage/distfiles".
In "Mount options" you can set you username and password as shown in the screenshot, when this field is empty these options will be used for CIFS "username=guest,password=" and these for NFS "port=2049,nolock,proto=tcp".
The spinner will let you set the share as CIFS or NFS (if your device supports only one of them you will see only one).

You can't leave blank "Share name" and "Share address", and you cannot add or modify a share by using the same name or address of a share already present in the database.

Once added you will go back to the main screen that will look slightly different:

4loMd1L.png

The share is not mounted yet, you have to turn on the switch on the right.
This switch will mark the share as "enabled". For example if you enable "Start service at boot", only the enabled shares will be mounted.
Once marked enabled the share will be probed for mount. You will see a circular progress bar on the left of the share name and, when it stops spinning, you will see a green check if the mount succeeded or a red cross if it failed.
To unmount a device you can disable it or long press on a mounted share. You can also long press on a share to mount it (in case it had previously failed for example because you had set a wrong password and you edited the share details to fix it, a short press on a share will bring you to the edit panel where you will be able to edit or delete the share) as long as the switch is turned on.
So to summarize long pressing on the share name will toggle mount/umount if the share is marked as enabled.

uDJnVZl.png

In case of failures check logcat that will give you more info.

This app has been developed to be used with a remote but it will work on phones/tablet as well, the UI might be a bit awkward but in case some people is interestead in using it on such devices I will consider working on a different layout for them.

The app is compatible starting with JB 4.1 devices but it's been tested on WeTek Core running 5.1

Download links

Comments

• fabrizio5680fabrizio5680 Posts: 17WeTek Community Member
    Hi @ChristianTroy, thank you so much for this.

I'm about to revert to smb shared drive plugged into my stable ASUS N66U since I've been having issues with my core occasionally crashing overnight or mid episode, this usually makes my USB hard drive inoperable and requires disk repairs etc before it is recognised again on my core.

Before I dive in does the core have CIFS module in kernel already? or do i need to download one? I see you are testing on exact same device i have, but was unsure due to your statement "It also requires in-kernel support for CIFS and/or NFS, without at least one of them the app won't work."

Looking forward to testing this at home.

• WilsonBWilsonB Posts: 2WeTek Community Member
    Hi,

Is there an update to this app? Is it on Github or Google play store? Would like to try this on my Note 5, custom kernel / TekHD Rom 6.0.1

Cheers
  • gianca1969gianca1969 Posts: 37WeTek Community Member
    sorry for the very basic questions but:
    1. how do i run this app as root?
    2. I can't find any setting icon in the top right corner. what's wrong?
    thank you
  • NedScottNedScott Posts: 1,123WeTek Community Member

sorry for the very basic questions but:

1. how do i run this app as root?

2. I can't find any setting icon in the top right corner. what's wrong?

thank you

1. I don't think you can (or need to) run it as root. Is there something it is not currently doing?

2. As in, you don't see the gear icon at all?

former WeTek Support team member, now just a friendly volunteer.
  • gianca1969gianca1969 Posts: 37WeTek Community Member
    yes. on wetek play2 I can't see the gear icon. of course I've tried to adjust TV aspect ratio but nothing......
  • simonisathomesimonisathome Posts: 3WeTek Community Member

yes. on wetek play2 I can't see the gear icon. of course I've tried to adjust TV aspect ratio but nothing......

Hi, I have the same problem. Very frustrating.
    Make sure you are on the latest version of the WeOS (Android) by using the WeUpdate app.

Hi,
    WeUpdate says I'm on the latest version. but still no gear icon.
    Any suggestions?
    S
    Doh - I only just saw the download link above. I now get the gear icon.

I assumed the above was for NetMounter which was already installed.
    No worries, I'm glad it is working for you now :)

• mobydickmobydick Posts: 2WeTek Community Member
    Hi folks
    I just installed the Network Share Mounter app 1.0.1 on my Android 6.0 streaming box. It will not mount the network drive. Little red x every time. The drive is a usb stick mounted in my router created with windows 10 and is available to every Android network browser I have tried. It appears on my pc as a drive and I wanted to also mount it on my android device. I have double checked the share name and it is correct. In setup of the mount app only nfs is available. What am I doing wrong?
  • ThrallThrall Posts: 3,007WeTek Support Team
    Why don't you use Netmounter with is already installed?

Best Regards

• mobydickmobydick Posts: 2WeTek Community Member
    Thanks for responding Thrall. I have a Leelbox unfortunately not a Wetek box. Can I get a copy of the Netmounter app?
  • ThrallThrall Posts: 3,007WeTek Support Team
    Unfortunately, this forum is only for WeTek Boxes.
    Also, Netmouter was only designed for WeTek Devices.

Best Regards