WeTek Community Forum

PBNigma with Openelec RCU

DreamerDreamer Posts: 21WeTek Community Member
Hello,

after fighting with / against Openelec for some month, I would like to change to Enigma2 now - I hope that it will be closer to my old Dreambox than the VDR-plugin.

I installed the latest PBNIGMA-VX-5.1-20163213 on my SD card and some hours later I saw the first TV pictures. I think the quality of the HD-pictures is much better than in VDR-plugin. No buffering any more :)

My main problem is now, the Openelec RCU is not working. Most of the buttons lead only to a funny face on the TV :p but not to a reaction.

I found a possibility to change the RCU in PBNigma settings - I changed to Openelec RCU, but nothing changed.
The colored buttons (red, green, yellow, blue) are not working at all, same to most of the other buttons.
Following buttons are working:
OK, Back, the Numbers (for TV channel selection), the arrow 'up' for starting EPG, and the BACK button.
All others - only the little funny face on the screen.

Is there a possibility to activate to Openelec - RCU?
Or (even better) to activate CEC to be able to use the original SAMSUNG RCU from the TV?

Thanks

Comments

• lglz1337lglz1337 Posts: 438WeTek Community Member
    edited March 2016
    1st of all great decision

2nd have a look in this topic @hwtest made your life ez

http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/23582/urgent-help-required-with-openelec-box-rcu

@pcz made a cec plugin for mnigma dont know if it works for pbnigma.

http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/26197/official-mnigma-topic-wetekplay/p12

and 3rd i would consider the e2 remote for wetek
  • ThrallThrall Posts: 3,321WeTek Support Team
    @lglz1337

Thank you for the help

Best Regards

• DreamerDreamer Posts: 21WeTek Community Member
    Thank you for this help. I will try that. Hopefully that will work.

And sorry for placing my first post in the wrong place. Maybe someone can move it into the PBNigma - corner.
    Here is the feedback:
    The openelec RCU is working now. Many thanks to @Iglz1337 posting the link.
    CEC not tested up to now.
    Here is my feedback in using the cec-pluging posted by Iglz1337:
    I copied the mnigma-wetekcec_0.5_all.ipk to /tmp. Then I typed "ipkg install /tmp/mnigma-wetekcec_0.5_all.ipk" via telnet.
    I got following feedback:
    Installing mnigma-wetekcec (0.5) on root.
    Configuring mnigma-wetekcec.
    Collected errors:
    * pkg_get_installed_files: Failed to open //var/lib/opkg/info/glibc-gconv-ibm1133.list: Input/output error.

Seems that this plugin does not work with PBNigma.

Are there other possibilities to activate CEC in PBNigma?
  • gazrobgazrob Posts: 57WeTek Community Member
    hi the new boot from sd card by pressing power button doesnt work with the openelec remote could someone help me out?
    gazrob said:

hi the new boot from sd card by pressing power button doesnt work with the openelec remote could someone help me out?

i found a thread a couple of weeks back from which i downloaded the old boot method i.e detects msd and boots from that which is working for me currently (cant find that thread now) but id love to not have to remove sd card and pull the plug each time i wanted to switch from enigma2 nand to sd openelec,can anyone point my in the right direction of that thread or know if theres a fix for the new boot method to enable using the openelec power button to boot from sd please
    regards
    gaz
  • 1999gtv1999gtv Posts: 174WeTek Community Member
    edited July 2016
    http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/27274/solved-dual-boot

http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/27744/howto-resolve-multiboot-with-1-1-7

There are a few threads about this, top one links to both 1.16 and 1.17 bootloaders . Second link is part italian part english but is a possible method to try.
    1999gtv said:

http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/27274/solved-dual-boot

http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/27744/howto-resolve-multiboot-with-1-1-7

There are a few threads about this, top one links to both 1.16 and 1.17 bootloaders . Second link is part italian part english but is a possible method to try.

thanks mate i will give this a try,im currently on the uboot 1.16 as 1.17 wouldnt work with the openelec remote but maybes i was doing something wrong? anyway i'll try again to see if it works
    Didn't work :(
    Worked for me for about 10 reboots so and now back to not booting sdcard. Will be sticking with 1.16 bootloader until the fix promised months ago arrives ( if ever ). Will flash back to Openelec on nand I think and wait and see if the Wetek staff sort out the possibility of dual boot on that side as has been mentioned on forum before. Every single thing with this box is flawed and incomplete and all we are told is we are working on a fix. I am beginning to think none of the basics for the wetek play are being worked on at all, instead I think all work is being diverted to the play 2 and 2s, hope I am wrong but am beginning to lose faith in this box and the promises of fixes.
    Hope your wrong mate,having enigma2 and openelec on the same box is absolutely perfect,so hopefully the development continues,it would be a shame if not as I really like this box :(
    I hope I am wrong too but after months dual boot is still not fixed, anyone with dvbc/t tuners are still waiting for drivers that actually function as they should. Any mention of this prompts the response wetek was not designed with e2 in mind. most people I know have switched to E2 because android and openelec don't work properly with their tuner configuration and are far harder to configure than E2. At least there appears to be work going on on the E2 side
  • sleepingkarmasleepingkarma Posts: 108WeTek Community Member
    I changed to E2 too... And have dvd-c too..

try this images to fix the dual boot
    wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/31736/#Comment_31736
    or this newer I'm using without problems with dual boot
    http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/35749/#Comment_35749
    @sleepingkarma

Just wanted to say thanks for your reply I have tried both methods and neither work for me. Have given up with android and flashed Raxones Open atv to nand on one wetek and Libreelec to nand on the other Wetek ,as dual boot does not work for me there is no point in having android on nand at all. Kodi works so much better in Libreelec than android and Wetek theatre is not as easy to configure as it could and should be being the official live tv environment
  • sleepingkarmasleepingkarma Posts: 108WeTek Community Member
    I've given up android too ... It may be released one day a new firmware to solve the problem of dual boot.
  • AnimaAnima Posts: 1,988WeTek Support Team
    Hello

@1999gtv

Please try this build: https://mega.nz/#!PJoFXb4S!dBN_E3CbyFqCnOnrG2yvqqJ0aVHciWyW2u5R6auz1cQ

Use it via We.Update app.

See if it fixes the dual-boot option for you. What you said above is not entirely true. Dual-boot has been working with great success for 99% of the wetek users. very few user (including yourself) have experienced some problems, and we in fact work to try and correct it.

Of course with the launch of the new products, the attention is drawn to those, but we have not forgot the people who still have the old models.

The E2 problems has been discussed over and over and over, and like you said, we always point to the fact that is not an E2 machine, the fact it does work, it's great.
    The drivers the devs so request and require is also not our fault, as some of you claim.

Best regards

Thanks but No it does not fix bootloader problem for me, what has E2 got to do with it. Does not matter if it is E2 or Openelec or Libreelec on sd card the sdcard does not boot for me or many others. All I am saying is that there is an issue for some of us which has not been resolved, and there is no alternative for those users other than to switch to the 1.16 bootloader if they want to boot from sd card. For me the only advantage in using android would be if the bootloader worked to save me getting up and down when I switch from using android for netflix etc to Openelec for kodi and tvheadend. I do have issues with Wetek theatre as the official tv app when it is not easily configured, sorting of channels and the poor epg let it down. I can't fault the picture quality and zap speed it is very good, but it could be a much better experience if it had a decent tv guide and better channel management. I do like my Wetek and the options it offers it just seems incomplete in the official OS and I personally have not seen any significant improvements in things like Theatre in recent months which is why I wondered if attention was focused elsewhere. Driver issues may well be beyond your control and closed source, so does that mean the Play2 will not be based on same manufacturers chips, as sticking with a supplier who has no interest in supplying decent drivers is peculiar to say the least.