WeTek Community Forum

Core died

vanjavukvanjavuk Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
Can anyone help pls? Picture on my device sudenly stops.There was not any response on remote and after abt 10 min of waiting I unpluged cord. After pluging back cord I realise that my core death. Red/ blue inducator dont work and no signal on tv. Restart with pin also without result. 220 volt adapter is working( tested on other device). Any suggestion would be appriciated.

Comments

• MC117MC117 Posts: 3,707Administrator - WeTek Community Manager
    Contact the WeTek Support

www.wetek.com/support

Best regards

• vanjavukvanjavuk Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
    Thanks for advice, did it already. Box is only 3 weeks old, almoust brand new, worked flawlessly, I might be wrong, but I doubt it is some hardwer failture. Looking all over forum I found many great tips/advices fm your side, so assuming it is software one, can you tell me is there way for Core to restore? Found many advices for Play, but nothing for Core. Awaiting yours and thanks again for reply.
  • MC117MC117 Posts: 3,707Administrator - WeTek Community Manager
    Hi

If possible download the SD FORMATTER application for Windows (There's a application for MAC also)

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/eula_windows/SDFormatterv4.zip

After that open the application and formate the mSD card

Now, download the WeTek OS 1.1.2 file:
    https://mega.nz/#F!2NwxnIzB!fVI5hC25iXLautgneQtz7g

Open and unzip it to your desktop and copy the 3 files to the mSD root

On WeTek:
    Disconnect the Power supply cable on your WeTek
    Insert the mSD card:
    Now, using the update nail, on the bottom of the WeTek Core you have a update button, press it and hold.
    Connect the power cable and holt the update button for 10 seconds.
    After the 10 seconds release it.

If you have doubts how to proceed, please check this video:

Best regards

Many thanks once again. Try everything as described, but no luck. After all it might be some hardware fault. Wetek guys contacted me already I hope they will come with solution. I will post result , when everything over.
    Wetek will exchange my box with new one. They organised pick up by DHL for tomorow & they will send me new one, when DHL parcel with my box reach thier end.They were very cooperative & efficient & I am very gratefull for effort they mady to solve my problem.
  • AnimaAnima Posts: 1,988WeTek Support Team
    Hello

We are very sorry you had problems with our devices.

On the other hand, i'm glad everything was sorted, and your kind words is what we aim to get, and keep improving everyday.

Best regards

• TapalqueTapalque Posts: 31WeTek Community Member
    Same problem, my core died yersterday.