WeTek Community Forum

LibreELEC 8.x for WeTek Play 2

Comments

• codesnakecodesnake Posts: 744WeTek Community Member, Developers
    @rmm Than you. That is exactly what I need.
  • mrjtukmrjtuk Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
    I am also experiencing crashes when scanning with version 8.02 and TvHeadend 4.2
    Crash log: http://sprunge.us/eNaN

I'm also having trouble scanning for UK HD Freeview channels (DVB-T2) but I haven't quite tried everything there yet.
  • webelingwebeling Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
    nomius said:

Anyone experiencing hanging when scanning for new content?

I also have freezes and decided to stop the auto update and notification for add-ons. The box is now running for 5 days without a freeze, maybe this fixes the topic.

Has anyone been able to find a reproduction for the freezes?
  • wehopewehope Posts: 2WeTek Community Member
    After experiencing sudden crash with tvhead42 on LE 7.1, I decided to upgraded to 8.02. Now issue seems to be with SD Card, UI does not fully load.

Does anyone experience the same ? Can I rewrite SD card without loosing settings ?

[ 29.665554@2] aml_snd_m8_card aml_m8_snd.45: IEC958 playback enable
    [ 36.986953@0] [aml_sd_emmc_irq] sd: desc_timeout,vstat:0xe1ff1000,virqc:3fff
    [ 36.987048@1] [aml_host_bus_fsm_show] sd: err: wait for irq service, bus_fsm:0x8
    [ 36.987204@1] aml_sd_emmc_data_thread 2616 sd: cmd:18
    [ 36.987341@1] [aml_sd_emmc_data_thread] aml_sd_emmc_data_thread() 2632: set 1st retry!
    [ 36.987589@1] aml_sd_emmc_data_thread : 2563
    [ 36.987678@1] sd: req failed (CMD18): -110, retrying...
    @wehope If you have access to a Linux PC, you can try to backup your settings by copying all files from the second partition on the SD-card.
  • mrjtukmrjtuk Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
    edited June 2017
    Just wanted to say thanks for the build, I've got everything running well now. Turns out my HD problem was a dodgy Aerial cable.

I was having persistent crashes when the system was idle, with the same crash log as above. It's seems to have been caused by using the tuner as setting 'Auto check disabled' on all of the services has stopped it.

My only niggle is that the channel switching time is quite long, much longer than the PCTV 290e USB stick I was using previously.
  • wehopewehope Posts: 2WeTek Community Member
    edited June 2017
    Thanks @codesnake, system restored.
  • zbigzbig20zbigzbig20 Posts: 942WeTek Community Member
    edited June 2017
    @codesnake , how is your work on module with play2 dvb driver which we can use with media_build at this same time (dvb driver as loadable kernel module like @afl1 driver for K series boxes)
    @zbigzbig20 I'm about to release a build with media_build and new DVB module, just need to finish some details.
    Great to hear. So after you release it will be possible to use your kernel module + media_build with @kszaq le build ?
    Yes, but apart from the module itself @kszaq will need some accompanying patches. I will publish the source code as well, so I think it is not a problem.
    New build of LibreELEC for WeTek Play 2 - 8.0.2.cs1.

What's new in this build:
    * Based on LibreELEC 8.0.2
    * Fix HW video acceleration
    * Fix media_build support

For download links see the first post in this thread.
  • ozkaradagozkaradag Posts: 593WeTek Community Member
    Thanks mate.

BR...
    Great @codesnake , so now we can use built-in dvb tuner on other images with media_build e.g @kszaq builds?
    Yes, but @kszaq should do the required changes first.
  • kszaqkszaq Posts: 44WeTek Community Member
    @zbigzbig20 Could you try this build for WP2 tuner support: http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/test/LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-devel-20170620163756-r26086-ge4c40ca.img.gz
    It's not tested at all since I don't have WP2. Remember to use a device tree from http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/device_trees/gxbb_p200_2G_wetek_play_2.dtb
    @kszaq, after installation image works but tvheadend not (after installation pvr client and service tvh 4.2 or 4.0 there is info that server not response correctly) and I can't connect with it by webinterface to configure it. And when I want to restart libreelec it stuck on black screen and I have to unplug from power supply and plug again
    @zbigzbig20 Thank you for testing. Did you make clean installation? Can you please provide dmesg?
    Yes it is clean installation on new msd card . I will make log for You after my second part will finish watching Trudne Sprawy :)
    @kszaq , in pack dmesg and kodi log : http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/EXAdbZBF/file.html

Hope it will be helpful
    The driver crash is in closed-source driver module. At this point I am unfortunately not able to help you. My builds will remain without WP2 tuner support.
    Not good. @codesnake , is possible to do something with it to use play dvb drivers with other libreelec builds like @kszaq with media_build?
    @zbigzbig20 I'm trying to find the cause of the problem with @kszaq's build on WP2.
    Hope it is possible to fix :-)
  • OzcubeOzcube Posts: 20WeTek Community Member
    I am also really hoping that a build can be made with internal dvb tuner support. I am more than a little surprised that Wetek don't make this easier as it officially supports LE, yet sells the P2 with hardware that doesn't work with LE. Weird.
    @zbigzbig20 Codesnake devoted his time yesterday to find a reason why my build is not working. It most probably comes down to me using a different toolchain to compile the kernel. I got an updated module from him, I will assemble a test build today evening.

@Ozcube WP2 internal tuners work in LE from the beginning, issues are present only in some community builds (i.e. mine) and it's not WeTek's fault.
  • OzcubeOzcube Posts: 20WeTek Community Member
    kszaq said:

@Ozcube WP2 internal tuners work in LE from the beginning, issues are present only in some community builds (i.e. mine) and it's not WeTek's fault.

@kszaq thanks for your reply. I am unaware of any build from anyone that will work with the internal dvb tuners of the Play 2 as supplied by Wetek. See wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/53902/#Comment_53902 and wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/55249/#Comment_55249
    @kszaq , dzięki za info.
    Pozdrawiam
  • ozkaradagozkaradag Posts: 593WeTek Community Member
    Greetings,

Are we going to drop the dtb.img file into my dear friend?

Best regards...