WeTek Community Forum
Hi WeTek Fan! :)

Please check our WeTek Closed BETA program: http://www.wetekforums.com/v/discussion/31382/call-for-closed-beta-on-wetek-play-2?new=1

Thanks
MasterChief117

Boot Menu Missing No "Press Power Button to Boot from SD Card / NAND"

FlexFlex Posts: 10WeTek Community Member
Hi Guys,

Hope you can help... i recently re flashed my device so I could run LibreELEC 8.0.2 on the NAND and use the SD card to run Lakka as i never used Android anyway.

I have everything working sweet now except somewhere along the way I have lost the option to press the power button to select which OS I want to boot from when turning on the unit. I am only presented with a basic Wetek Core logo and nothing else (I also had a DTS logo before). It also defaults to booting from the SD card but will boot from NAND if i remove the card.

How can i get the boot menu option back? Is there a way to reflash the correct boot loader?

Its worth noting that I did encounter some issues along the way... mainly when initially installing LibreElec 8.0.2 via the recovery method I was unable to boot and presented with "sh: cant access tty: job control turned off" I managed to recover the device with the standard WEOS files and then recovered back to an earlier version of OpenElec and upgraded to LibreELEC via the update file method. Not sure if this has caused my issue?

Comments

• codesnakecodesnake Posts: 654WeTek Community Member, Developers
    @Flex Currently LE bootloader on WeTek Core doesn't support switching boot sources with Power button on the remote. But it will boot from an SD-card automatically if it is bootable.
  • FlexFlex Posts: 10WeTek Community Member
    @codesnake Yeah I noticed it will boot from SD card automatically when it is inserted so not the end of the world, i just have to keep ejecting the SD card.

Is there nothing I can do to flash the newer bootloader only which is obviously included as part of the android image? Or are there any plans to resolve this in a later update?

• codesnakecodesnake Posts: 654WeTek Community Member, Developers
    @Flex Unfortunately Android bootloader will not boot LE from NAND correctly. I will try to add dual-boot feature to LE bootloader shortly.
    Awesome! I look forward to hopefully seeing that :smile:
  • HovervoHovervo Posts: 47WeTek Community Member
    Any updates?
    ?
    codesnake said:

@Flex Unfortunately Android bootloader will not boot LE from NAND correctly. I will try to add dual-boot feature to LE bootloader shortly.

Can you update?
  • flipdivingflipdiving Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
    I regularly visit your site and find a lot of interesting information.
    Not only good posts but also great comments.
    Thank you and look forward to your page growing stronger.
    despacito lyrics , bodak yellow lyrics
    Hi, Any update on this one? Sorry to bug :smile:
    @codesnake
    Flex said:

Hi, Any update on this one? Sorry to bug :smile:

Can anyone comment?
    @codesnake any update on this? I imagine it might be bottom of some priority list! If we are unlikely to see it though let me know and I will stop asking :smile: