WeTek Community Forum
Hi WeTek Fan! :)

Please check our WeTek Closed BETA program: http://www.wetekforums.com/v/discussion/31382/call-for-closed-beta-on-wetek-play-2?new=1

Thanks
MasterChief117

First blue light and then ...red

khairopkhairop Posts: 11WeTek Community Member
Good evening.
Today the box started up with the blue light and after a couple of minutes during startup the light becomes red.
I tried already with HDMI cables, holding power and plug out and in the power ...Nothing works. Any idea?

Thank you in advance
Kostas

Comments

• khairopkhairop Posts: 11WeTek Community Member
    Finally the box is bootig up and trying for a very ling time ...to optimize about 92 apps ....At the end of the optimization becomes... red again. Any idea?
  • ThrallThrall Posts: 3,007WeTek Support Team
    have you tried with a different power supply?

WeTek Core uses a power supply with 12V-1A.

Can you try with a PSU with these same characteristics?

Best Regards

• khairopkhairop Posts: 11WeTek Community Member
    @khairop the box finally recovered. I tried 5-6 times and almost after finishing the optimizing, one time the light became blue. i noticed however i need to click two times the power off option to shutdown
  • DrGrafixDrGrafix Posts: 17WeTek Community Member
    I've got the same problem. My Wetek Core was working just fine a week ago, couple days ago I noticed the blue light had turned red. Tried numerous power down approaches, once she got to the Android screen then went red again. Should I try a manual update or something else?
    @DrGrafix contact the support at http://support.wetek.com

Best Regards

Thanks... I just submitted a Tech Support request ticket. In the interim, is there a way to check the power supply to make sure its working properly? What exact voltage and amperage should I be looking for?

And if its not the PS, is it even possible that the MicroSD needs updating? Is it worthwhile trying that while I wait to hear back? Lastly... can you give me a link to the latest (manual) update? Thanks!
    WeTek Core Voltage should be around of 12V and 1A.

Best Regards

Mário from Wetek Support suggested I try another power supply. I don't have power supply's around the house that are 12v 1 amp, so I guess I'll have to buy one... what size jack is needed? Is it a 5.5mm or something like that? Is there something on amazon or eBay that works?
    edited October 16
    @DrGrafix The connector diameter is 0.5mm and the inner side is 0.2mm
    For WeTek Core choose a power supply with 12V-1A.

Also, remember this problem can always not be related to the power supply.

Best Regards

OK... so I got a brand-new 12v-1A PS and as soon as I plug it in, the red light is on. Is this a $150 throwaway or could it possibly be something to do with software? Not even 2 years old, and if I was in Europe, they'd replace it free, but because I'm in the USA there's only a 1 year warranty.

Should I try to manually update the MicroSD, I know I saw a message on the screen just before she quit that said something about it being out of date.
    edited October 24
    Unfortunately, if there is a problem it would be the power supply or a hardware problem.
    The software wouldn't cause this, as if it was, at least, the status LED should turn Blue which is not the case.

Regarding the warranty, it is the policies and laws.

We are very sorry indeed that you have your device not working and it is no longer in warranty. But this is the normal procedure for any product you buy.

Best Regards

So it's a $150.00 throwaway that didn't even last 2 years. Not building a lot of confidence in buying a replacement. Amazing that my old AppleTV never died in all the years I ran it.