WeTek Community Forum
Hi WeTek Fan! :)

Please check our WeTek Closed BETA program: http://www.wetekforums.com/v/discussion/31382/call-for-closed-beta-on-wetek-play-2?new=1

Give me also the feedback over the new look on our community forum: http://www.wetekforums.com/v/discussion/31383/new-forum-look?new=1

Thanks
MasterChief117

First blue light and then ...red

khairopkhairop Posts: 11WeTek Community Member
Good evening.
Today the box started up with the blue light and after a couple of minutes during startup the light becomes red.
I tried already with HDMI cables, holding power and plug out and in the power ...Nothing works. Any idea?

Thank you in advance
Kostas

Comments

• khairopkhairop Posts: 11WeTek Community Member
    Finally the box is bootig up and trying for a very ling time ...to optimize about 92 apps ....At the end of the optimization becomes... red again. Any idea?
  • ThrallThrall Posts: 2,764WeTek Support Team
    have you tried with a different power supply?

WeTek Core uses a power supply with 12V-1A.

Can you try with a PSU with these same characteristics?

Best Regards

• khairopkhairop Posts: 11WeTek Community Member
    @khairop the box finally recovered. I tried 5-6 times and almost after finishing the optimizing, one time the light became blue. i noticed however i need to click two times the power off option to shutdown
  • DrGrafixDrGrafix Posts: 15WeTek Community Member
    I've got the same problem. My Wetek Core was working just fine a week ago, couple days ago I noticed the blue light had turned red. Tried numerous power down approaches, once she got to the Android screen then went red again. Should I try a manual update or something else?
    @DrGrafix contact the support at http://support.wetek.com

Best Regards

Thanks... I just submitted a Tech Support request ticket. In the interim, is there a way to check the power supply to make sure its working properly? What exact voltage and amperage should I be looking for?

And if its not the PS, is it even possible that the MicroSD needs updating? Is it worthwhile trying that while I wait to hear back? Lastly... can you give me a link to the latest (manual) update? Thanks!
    WeTek Core Voltage should be around of 12V and 1A.

Best Regards

Mário from Wetek Support suggested I try another power supply. I don't have power supply's around the house that are 12v 1 amp, so I guess I'll have to buy one... what size jack is needed? Is it a 5.5mm or something like that? Is there something on amazon or eBay that works?
    edited October 16
    @DrGrafix The connector diameter is 0.5mm and the inner side is 0.2mm
    For WeTek Core choose a power supply with 12V-1A.

Also, remember this problem can always not be related to the power supply.

Best Regards