WeTek Community Forum
Hi WeTek Fan! :)

Please check our WeTek Closed BETA program: http://www.wetekforums.com/v/discussion/31382/call-for-closed-beta-on-wetek-play-2?new=1

Thanks
MasterChief117

Problems with playback in Kodi 17.4

TheNetStrikerTheNetStriker Posts: 37WeTek Community Member
I've got some playback problems with the latest Wetek firmware and Kodi 17.4. About 3 to 4 times per hour the picture get's very pixelated and sometimes the picture even stands still for sevaral seconds. My Wetek Play 2 is connected via ethernet cable and all my switches are gigabit capable. Also my nas server should be more than capable of delivering the stream. (QNAP TS-EC1279-RP)

I've also tried several optimizations I found on Youtube, but nothing helped. (e.g. this one: )

Does anyone else have this problem? I didn't have this problem in earlier versions.

Comments

• ThrallThrall Posts: 3,007WeTek Support Team
    Are you using the latest firmware 3.2?

Has the problem occurred before?

Best Regards

• TheNetStrikerTheNetStriker Posts: 37WeTek Community Member
    Thrall said:

Are you using the latest firmware 3.2?

Has the problem occurred before?

Best Regards

Yes, I'am running the 3.2 firmware. I think the problems started when I updated to 3.0 and from WePlayer to the official Kodi. I will also try if I can get some information from the kodi log.
    Could you provide me details about the media that is giving you problems?

Container, encoding, bitrate, is it 10 or 8bit, 720p, 1080p or 4k etc.

Best regards

Thrall said:

Could you provide me details about the media that is giving you problems?

Container, encoding, bitrate, is it 10 or 8bit, 720p, 1080p or 4k etc.

Best regards

Here are the details of the last file I had problems with: (3 or 4 pixelations on 45 min runtime)

Container: mkv
    Encoding: H264 - MPEG 4 AVC
    Decoder: amc-h264, Surface
    Audio: 8 Bit 48000hz
    Resolution: 1080p
    Framerate: 23.976
    Our team will try to reproduce the problem.

Best Regards

I now also got a log when the problem happened, this is what I found:

00:30:57.954 T:18446744072828246320 WARNING: CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer
    00:31:03.980 T:18446744073502980400 WARNING: Previous line repeats 6 times.
    Our team wasn't able to reproduce the problem yet. We also do not have other similar reports.

have you done your update manually or OTA?

Best Regards

@Thrall I did a complete wipe an manual install for 3.0. Since then I've updated OTA.
    Did you make a wipe before or after the installation?
    The wipe must be done after a manual installation and not before.

Best Regards

@Thrall I don't think that my Wetek installation is the problem. I think the problem is again my hdmi setup with the Onkyo receiver.

To explain this: My Wetek Play 2 is connected via HDMI to my Onkyo receiver and the receiver has an HDMI splitter with two outputs. One goes to a Samsung Tv and the other one goes to my beamer. When the receiver is turned off the HDMI outputs are still active.

In older versions I had the problem that this setup often switched the audio output of the Wetek from HDMI to PCM and this caused massive audio dropouts in Kodi. So I had to reboot the Wetek almost every time when I switched from the Tv to the Beamer and the Tv had to be disconnected from the power.

I now tested if the problem still occurs after disconnecting the Samsung TV from the power and after a restart the Wetek box and this seams to fix the problem. I suppose the problem is that the Wetek box has some kind of trouble with the audio output or audio sync if it once detected the Samsungs tv over HDMI. Do you have any idea what could cause this problem and how I could fix this?
    Not really no. Some hardware, handshake bad compatibility between wetek and the Reciever probably.
    maybe you do not need to reboot the device. Have you tried to just unplug and replug the HDMI?
    Or try to change resolutions to force a refresh and HDMI check. Maybe it can help instead of rebooting. Although still not optimal, if it is some incompatibility or handshake problems it might not be possible to find a definitive solution.

Have you tried this with Plex instead of kodi? just for the sake of testing it? :)

Best Regards

• hixaxonhixaxon Posts: 13WeTek Community Member
    @Thrall

Hello, I can confirm this issue (random pixellating and stopping for a few secs from time to time) as well. This started after the release of the first firmware with 10bit hevc support. And IMHO it is not container/codec related (directly), but I will try to confirm this (occured independently with 720p/1080p/h.264/h.265 (8 and 10 bit)/mp4/mkv in any combination).

Before that FW release I can confirm I have never ever had that issue. Setup - Lan (Gbit, under no additional load, one switch) streaming over samba from reasonably fast (i5-4670k) PC desktop with 7200 rpm not idling/parking disks.
    Have you tried Kodi update? Or use another player like VLC to see if the same happens?
    The issue with 10 bits was a completely different problem which was solved o the latest update.

Could you provide a video showing this so we can have a closer insight?

Upload it to a cloud like Mega.nz and provide e the link
    Best Regards

• hixaxonhixaxon Posts: 13WeTek Community Member
    It will be a bit of a challenge. It is a random issue and I don't have time every day, but I'll definitely try to get a video sample.

Kodi has updated to 17.5 and the frequency might have decreased. I'm not convinced, but it might. I will let you know. And possible codec/file/container dependency as well.
    @Thrall I've now switched to the Android TV 2.4 rom and the problem didn't occur again. But I cannot say if the Os reinstall or the switch to the Android TV rom fixed the problem. But I generally like the Android TV rom better, so I will stay with it.