WeTek Community Forum
Hi WeTek Fan! :)

Please check our WeTek Closed BETA program: http://www.wetekforums.com/v/discussion/31382/call-for-closed-beta-on-wetek-play-2?new=1

Thanks
MasterChief117

CEC Support question

BooTooBooToo Posts: 2WeTek Community Member
Hello all,
I have just purchased a Wetek Hub in replacement of my Xaomi Mi Box due to a CEC compatibility issue and thought, while I am waiting for the box to be delivered, I will ask the forum if I made the right choice ;-)

Why the Wetek Hub:
Primarily to get a decent DTS sound support when reading MKV via Kodi that I was not able to achieve with more mainstream streaming boxes like to Amazon fire TV 4K.

Planned Setup:
Wetek box => SONY Amplifier STR-DH550 => SONY TV KD65XD7505

Expected result:
Control the Wetek interface & Kodi via my Bravia TV Remote control in the same way as what I do with my Amazon fire TV 4K/Kodi that is currently connected directly to the TV via HDMI

In the case of the Xaomi Mi Box, the CEC control was not working with connection via the amplifier, the sound when playing something from my Amazon box was disconnecting from the amplifier and the TV speakers we restarting randomly and the CEC signal to control my Amazon fire TV was very unstable (multiple disconnect...)

Anybody with a similar setup running smoothly or any advices?
Many thanks in advance!

Comments

• ThrallThrall Posts: 3,007WeTek Support Team
    Hi @BooToo
    I believe you will have no problems using that setup :)

The only downside is that I believe that using CEC your TV will not Wake up the Hub or vice-versa. Despite this, I believe everything will desire to achieve will work just fine :)

Best Regards

• BooTooBooToo Posts: 2WeTek Community Member
    Many thanks for your response. Box is due this week so will be able to test soon ;-)