WeTek Community Forum

How to change image zoom in/out in LE

beeheapbeeheap Posts: 27WeTek Community Member
I finally installed LE but I don't like the zoom in/out method. In previous OE images you could keep the up or down buttons pushed to zoom in or out. The latest OE and now the LE image to zoom in you have to push and hold the up button and this only zooms in one level. To zoom in more you have to repeat it. Is there any way to change to current zoom method to the one in the previous images?

Comments

• AnimaAnima Posts: 1,784WeTek Support Team
    Hi

I'm trying to figure out what you mean with zoom in/out with the up button, but it is failing me.

I'm sorry could you please specify a little more what are you trying to do?

• beeheapbeeheap Posts: 27WeTek Community Member
    Anima said:

Hi

I'm trying to figure out what you mean with zoom in/out with the up button, but it is failing me.

I'm sorry could you please specify a little more what are you trying to do?

Hi, thanks for the answer. I'll try to explain it a bit better: after zooming in on a picture/image using buttons 1 to 9, the focus is on the centre of the zoomed in part. If, e.g., you want to see the upper part of the zoomed in picture, in OE previous to 8.x.x you could simply clic and hold the up button and the focus would go to the upper part in small steps. Now clicking and holding the up button results in only going up one step so you have to repeat the clic and hold action several times.
  • ThrallThrall Posts: 3,158WeTek Support Team
    Ah ok. Thank you for the explanation as it wasn't so clear in the first post.
    However, we were able to try this and it is working as it should. you can continue pressing the directional keys in order to "navigate" in the image.
    (Tap to move once, long-press for a continuous movement.) Can you also try with a USB keyboard? What is the version of your Libreelec image? Is it indeed LE or OE?

Best Regards

Thrall said:

Ah ok. Thank you for the explanation as it wasn't so clear in the first post.
    However, we were able to try this and it is working as it should. you can continue pressing the directional keys in order to "navigate" in the image.
    (Tap to move once, long-press for a continuous movement.) Can you also try with a USB keyboard? What is the version of your Libreelec image? Is it indeed LE or OE?

Best Regards

Hi. It's LE 8.3.2 and the 'long-press for a continuous movement' isn't working as I explained. A long-press in this version only moves the focus one step. I don't have a USB keyboard but I do have a Bluetooth keyboard but it shows the same problem.
  • ThrallThrall Posts: 3,158WeTek Support Team
    It is strange as I am using exactly the same version but I have a completely different behavior.

Have you tried to reset libreelec settings?

Best Regards

Thrall said:

It is strange as I am using exactly the same version but I have a completely different behavior.

Have you tried to reset libreelec settings?

Best Regards

I've done a soft and a hard reset and it stays the same. :(
    @beeheap

If you long press the arrows in the menu, does the menu move multiple times? or just once? like the zoom feature.

Have you, or someone that might have used that box, changed some files in the system regarding the remote control?

Anima said:

@beeheap

If you long press the arrows in the menu, does the menu move multiple times? or just once? like the zoom feature.

Have you, or someone that might have used that box, changed some files in the system regarding the remote control?

Hi, thx for asking. It moves just once no matter how long you keep the button pressed. And it was a manual update from OE 8.0.4. The box came with OE 6.0.x and it updated automatically to 6.0.4 if I remember well, which didn't show this 'problem'.
    Thank you for the reply.

I have just tested this scenario here, Play 1 with OE 6.0.X update to latest then update to Latest LE.
    Keeping the button pressed still shows multiple moves instead of just one.

Possibilities -

Your remote could be somehow bad. when you keep the arrow pressed, does the LED on the remote light up constantly? or just blinks?

Or, your remote configuration was somehow changed in the past and the update did not fix that and will require you to install the OS manually in order to clean the system.

Please let me know the LED situation on the remote.

Best regards

Anima said:

Your remote could be somehow bad. when you keep the arrow pressed, does the LED on the remote light up constantly? or just blinks?

Hi. The LED stays on while keeping the up arrow pressed.
    I just installed a newly downloaded LE 8.2.3 using the recovery boot process again (holding the reset button behind the toothpick sized hole) but the problem stays the same.

After that I installed OE 6.0.3 and the problem was solved.
    @beeheap

I honestly do not have an answer for you. This is the first time I have seen something like that.
    If installing the LE 8.2.3 clean did not solve the problem then something really weird must have happened.

I have tried multiple versions and updates and downgrades, and all of them do not present this problem.

Yes, weird indeed. I guess it has to do with a change in keymap? I did see in OE 6.0.3 that opposite to LE 8.2.3 (and OE 8.0.4) there's no Wetek remote option next to CEC Adapter in System > Settings > Input Devices > Peripherals. I don't know if that 'plugin' makes any difference?
    @beeheap

Even if that was to be true (which could be) that would not explain why it is working on my WeTek Play... with LE 8.2.3

Do you, like me, have the original Wetek Play (version 1)? Well, for the moment I guess I'll have to stick with OE 6.0.3 :neutral: Maybe another day I'll try to install LE 8.2.3 by using a USB Stick and deleting the user cache first although I'm pretty sure I already did that in a previous ocasion.