WeTek Community Forum

Running Netflix on Hub

jpasconejpascone Posts: 9WeTek Community Member
Hi,

I have used my hub for about a year for Kodi, primarily with LibreElec. Recently I acquired a NetFlix account so I loaded WeOs and found Netflix . I was very unhappy with the results. The interface was ugly and I was forced to use the airmouse which in imho is very clunky.

What other options are available for NetFlix? I'm happy to load a different OS to get both Kodi and some sort of Netflix app up at the same time.

Thanks,
Jeff

Comments

• AxelRoAxelRo Posts: 73WeTek Community Member
    Flash this rom: http://www.wetekforums.com/v/discussion/30246/rom-hub-marshmallow-android-tv-v2-4-1#latest. Then instal Netflix from Google Play. No airmouse need. Work very smooth in FHD with DD sound.
  • ad112ad112 Posts: 12WeTek Community Member
    what the risks/cons of switching OS from WeOS 3.2 to this OS?
    there is no other solution to use Netflix without airmouse?
  • ThrallThrall Posts: 3,321WeTek Support Team
    @ad112 Well, switching is pretty simple, however, the higher risk is if by some reason the device gets faulty, the warranty will not cover it. So bear in mind that switching to custom ROMs is the user's own risk.

• jpasconejpascone Posts: 9WeTek Community Member
    @AxelRo
    AxelRo said:

Flash this rom: http://www.wetekforums.com/v/discussion/30246/rom-hub-marshmallow-android-tv-v2-4-1#latest. Then instal Netflix from Google Play. No airmouse need. Work very smooth in FHD with DD sound.

This worked quite nicely, I won't say it's perfect but it's much better then WeOS if you want Netflix.
    What version/fork of Kodi are people having the most luck with this OS?
    Thanks for the tip..
  • FrostillicusFrostillicus Posts: 1WeTek Community Member
    I’m using SPMC and it’s working well on the Ricardo Androidtv 2.4.1 rom. I highly recommend not having a microSD card inserted while running Android from internal storage as it will degrade performance on the hub drastically...at least it does in my experience.