WeTek Community Forum

New role for old Wetek Play 2

smilenkovskismilenkovski Posts: 11WeTek Community Member
edited October 15 in LibreELEC (WP2)
I found my old Wetek the other day. An NO remote , of course. And it was bricked. No video , nothing. I've reset to WE OS with rs 232 cable. Because no remote for dual boot I've decide to flash NAND with older libreelec image (8.02 I think) and update LE to last release manually. So far so good. Using Docker I've installed Plex media server, YES, server, and transmission. I've hooked up two external 6TB ntfs HDDs . and I have working Plex little "server"and download torrents device. Do not expect transcoding , all my devices do HEVC by rhemselvs. I'm not sure that anyone is reading this forum anymore but if you have spare Wetek play 2 and almost all day free time You can reuse old device.
Best regards

Comments

• ctrlaltcactrlaltca Posts: 54WeTek Community Member
    Well done! I would suggest you to use https://coreelec.org/ if you want to enjoy an up to date Kodi version
  • smilenkovskismilenkovski Posts: 11WeTek Community Member
    @ctrlaltca
    Is python 3 supported i CE?
    Unfortunately , there is no way to update from Libreelec to Coreelec, and my Libreelec is NAND installation.
    Actually, despite official statement that upgrading LE to CE is not possible, I've just upgrade it using ssh.
  • DieselDiesel Posts: 39WeTek Community Member
    I'm glad you could use this device. I bought it expressly for Netflix and Youtube ... Imagine my discontent.
    Could you use it to run a Torrent server?
  • ctrlaltcactrlaltca Posts: 54WeTek Community Member
    There are some unofficial torrent plugins for libreelec/corelec, see https://github.com/thoradia/thoradia
    Yes I'm using for torrent server but I've installed ubuntu bionic in meantime. Google armbian for details.