WeTek Community Forum

[VIDEO] How to install tvheadend and scan DVB-S/S2 channels

AdministratorAdministrator Posts: 355Administrator - WeTek Community Manager, WeTek Community Member
How to install tvheadend and scan Satellite DVB-S/S2 channels

Goal of this video tutorial is to teach you how to install tvheadend and scan Satellite DVB-S/S2 channels on WeTek Play with OpenELEC.

Usually, when scanning channels with tvheadend it is enough to create Satellite (Network), and to choose from list of Satellite, Satellite at which your antenna is aligned.

For example, when creating Network (Satellite), and your Satellite dish is tuned to Astra 19.2E, you will only need to select 19.2E Astra from list of Satellites.

After you finished creating network, assign this network to one of two DVB-S2 adapters, and enable it.

When scanning is done, click on Services tab, and then click on Map All button, from where you can map all channels which will be available on your OpenELEC installation.

For easy setup, take a look at our tutorial on YouTube:

How to configure DiSEqC 1.0 or 1.1 with tvheadend:

Comments

• canthackitcanthackit Posts: 21WeTek Community Member
    This is for Sky.uk 28.2E London

Been trying this for weeks got it all setup ok, but when it comes to downloading Muxes i'm getting IDLE FAILED on virtually every one.

i've done resets, reinstalled openelec, reconfigured tvheadend.

but no matter what I try nothing will get it to scan the Muxes properly.

regards: canthackit
  • Hi canthackit,

Please re initiate the scan by selecting your network pressing force scan on the network tab. Then go to the status tab and check the signal levels when the tuner locks to a mux.

Here is a guide for 28.2e which is basically the same as the video tutorials above:
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=78286

Here is also a video so you can see what i mean:
    [video=youtube_share;8xhSaww6Dpc]
  • seamouseseamouse Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
    i dont get my two tuners showing?
  • rot30rot30 Posts: 850WeTek Community Member
    Have you tried all the suggestions from this thread?
  • zoobihoobizoobihoobi Posts: 59WeTek Community Member
    I tried to follow the instruction but stuck at video @ 4:00. Can somebody guide me, is anything to press after that.

At 4:00 in video it opens sys log and he moves the cursor on left side and out of the video and than cursor is back and suddenly sys log is being populated. What needs to be done here. Thanks in advance
  • zoobihoobi wrote: »
    I tried to follow the instruction but stuck at video @ 4:00. Can somebody guide me, is anything to press after that.

At 4:00 in video it opens sys log and he moves the cursor on left side and out of the video and than cursor is back and suddenly sys log is being populated. What needs to be done here. Thanks in advance
    Simply reboot your device.
    neo wrote: »
    Thanks. I have 5.95.2 openelec and some how I am unable to find TVheadend add on :( As new build come with VDR enabled. I disable VDR but somehow unable to find TVheadedn add on under services.
    SYSTEM -> Settings -> Add-ons -> Install from repository -> Unofficial OpenELEC (WeTek_Play/arm) Add-ons -> Services

tvheadend should be there.
    rot30 wrote: »
    SYSTEM -> Settings -> Add-ons -> Install from repository -> Unofficial OpenELEC (WeTek_Play/arm) Add-ons -> Services

tvheadend should be there.

I followed the same but there is no. Unofficial wetek add on even after force refresh for check for updates
  • tdw197tdw197 Posts: 356WeTek Community Member
    You can install the unofficial repo from the official repo
    neo wrote: »

Even after rebooting, nothing is happening, only connection message appears and scanning does not start.
    Install/enable the "Unofficial OpenELEC (WeTek_Play/arm) Add-ons" from:
    SYSTEM -> Settings -> Add-ons -> My add-ons -> Add-on repository -> Unofficial OpenELEC (WeTek_Play/arm) Add-ons

First.
    Install/enable the "Unofficial OpenELEC (WeTek_Play/arm) Add-ons" from:
    SYSTEM -> Settings -> Add-ons -> My add-ons -> Add-on repository -> Unofficial OpenELEC (WeTek_Play/arm) Add-ons

First.

Already did it and install tvheadon add on as per video and follow the steps mentioned in the video but at 4:13 nothing is happening even after rebooting
    Is the "Configuration -> DVB Inputs -> Muxes" window in the tvheadend web interface empty? There are no scan results?
    Could you post a screenshot in this thread?
    Is the "Configuration -> DVB Inputs -> Muxes" window in the tvheadend web interface empty? There are no scan results?
    Could you post a screenshot in this thread?

Muxes list is not empty. But it is not scanning. Now I am thinking to configure through VDR instead of tvheadend.
    Are you able to scan for channels in WeTek Theater on WeTek OS?
    Could you please create a screenshot of the muxes tab in the tvheadend web interface?
    Are you able to scan for channels in WeTek Theater on WeTek OS?
    Could you please create a screenshot of the muxes tab in the tvheadend web interface?

Thanks....Going for holidays, will share after the break and will let u know
  • rudeqrudeq Posts: 1WeTek Community Member
    Thanks for the nice tutorials, using openelec and tvheadend.
    I'm thinking of buying a Wetek Play, but I'm still struggling in understanding its capabilities.
    I know with DVB-T some channels are muxed into one stream and this means with the correct DVB-T tuner I can record multiple channels although I have one tuner.
    Is this also possible with DVB-S2?
    I've seen on Astra1 and 3 there are some channels also muxed on the same frequency. Can the Wetek Play on one LNB record 2 channels(on same frequency mux) while on the other LNB input watching another one(or more if also on same frequency mux)?
    Is it capable of doing that and is powerful enough?

• longbolongbo Posts: 14WeTek Community Member
    Hi, I had given this a try the other night but when I go to mu laptop and try to access the tvheadend ip address:9981 it does not connect. I think I saw something saying the ip address for tvheadend was 127.0.0.1. Have I done something wrong?
  • MC117MC117 Posts: 3,707Administrator - WeTek Community Manager
    longbo wrote: »
    Hi, I had given this a try the other night but when I go to mu laptop and try to access the tvheadend ip address:9981 it does not connect. I think I saw something saying the ip address for tvheadend was 127.0.0.1. Have I done something wrong?

You need to check you WeTek IP

127.0.0.1 is for general use, not for TVH :)

On OpenELEC
    Go to System - System Info

Best Regards

• snake.beanssnake.beans Posts: 2WeTek Community Member
    can you only do this on Openelec? reason i ask is my wetek came with openelec on SD card but it was corrupt so im just using my box as is.
  • There is a special build here: http://wetekforums.com/vb5/forum/wetek-play/android/cyanogenmod/242-experimental-cyanogenmod-for-wetek-play-with-kodi-live-tv
    which has TVHeadend built-in, however it's much easier and safer to install OpenELEC to mSD then to flash android to an unofficial (experimental) build.
  • deZaideZai Posts: 1WeTek Community Member
    Hi
    In the first video "how to install tvheadend...' at 2 min 30 secs, the user goes to the tv adapter tab of the tvheadend webpage. Unfortunately when I do this, my list is empty. I've searched around but I still don't know what to do. Anyone know how to fix this? - I'd really appreciate the help
  • kadelkadel Posts: 84WeTek Community Member
    deZai wrote: »
    Hi
    In the first video "how to install tvheadend...' at 2 min 30 secs, the user goes to the tv adapter tab of the tvheadend webpage. Unfortunately when I do this, my list is empty. I've searched around but I still don't know what to do. Anyone know how to fix this? - I'd really appreciate the help
    if you are looking to scan Astra 28.2e on DVB-S/S2, try this tutorial http://linuxsat-support.com/view.php?pg=wetektutorials i used it and it worked perfectly, you need to register to that forum before you can see the thread properly
    deZai wrote: »
    Hi

Hi

Welcome to WeTek forum

Please check if you don't have VDR installed

Have you tried to unplug the tuner and then insert it again ?

Best regards

• NE0NE0 Posts: 808WeTek Community Member
    In the muxes tab try adding a additional mux (frequency) and press the force scan in the networks tab.

for example:
        "delsys": "DVB-S2",
        "frequency": 10891250,
        "symbolrate": 22000000,
        "polarisation": "H",
        "modulation": "PSK/8",
        "fec": "2/3",
        "rolloff": "35",
        "pilot": "AUTO",
        "pls_mode": "ROOT",
        "pls_code": 0,
        "orbital": "19.2E",

• PochechePocheche Posts: 7WeTek Community Member
    Thanks a lot solved adding a channel list.
  • uniquejohnuniquejohn Posts: 5WeTek Community Member
    Hi All,

Wondering if someone could help me. When i type in ipaddress:9981 in URL i am getting connection failed, yet if i just put my ip address in without :9981 i get taken to the KODI web interface.

Can anyone help with this at all? I've spent hours going round in circles on forums/resetting device and starting again.

Much appreciated,

John
    uniquejohn wrote: »
    Hi All,

Wondering if someone could help me. When i type in ipaddress:9981 in URL i am getting connection failed, yet if i just put my ip address in without :9981 i get taken to the KODI web interface.

Can anyone help with this at all? I've spent hours going round in circles on forums/resetting device and starting again.

Much appreciated,

John

Hello

Welcome to WeTek Forum

Do you have VDR disabled?
    Did you installed the TVHeadend PVR and TVH Service?

Best regards

• uniquejohnuniquejohn Posts: 5WeTek Community Member
    Thanks for your help, i had installed and enabled the tv headend and disabled the VDR previously but was not connecting. I managed to link up by ethernet before rather than wifi and it worked!

The problem i am having now is when i run I scan and go to the muxes tab I am getting no data back from the scan. Below is the message i get.

12551.5V in astra - scan no data, failed

Any help again is greatly appreciated.

John