WeTek Community Forum
Hi WeTek Fan! :)

Please check our WeTek Closed BETA program: http://www.wetekforums.com/v/discussion/31382/call-for-closed-beta-on-wetek-play-2?new=1

Thanks
MasterChief117

[BETA][5.0.2] Android TV (CM12 based) for WeTek Play

Comments

• ChristianTroyChristianTroy Posts: 1,913WeTek Community Member, Developers
    Re: [BETA][5.0.2] Android TV (CM12 based) for WeTek Play

One thing that you might notice, is that if you use an app that tries to use openmax (libstagefright) before android media framework (libmediaplayerservice) will make mediaserver process crash, once this process has crashed you need a reboot to have it working properly again (kodi should be immune to that because "talks" with the kernel directly, without using android apis).
    That crash will go away once a stock rom based on kitkat and sporting the 3.10 kernel will be released so I'll be able to use that newer kernel that has tons of updates and finally includes a (basic) support for openmax
  • tdw197tdw197 Posts: 356WeTek Community Member

Tracked down the problem and the cause is most bizarre.. Installing the plexbmc helper addon causes the stuttering! It's weird, as it uses virtually no resources (I use it in all my Raspberry pis), but enabling it causes the stutter!

Odd, using the same addon on stock wetek didn't cause the issue either, nor did it cause an issue using the same addon with the same kodi 14.1 app on fire TV.

Try posting a logcat

I just wanted to let you know that I found a way to fix that issue on WeTek Theater, during the weekend I'll update the roms ;)

* ROM 2015-01-10

This build includes a kernel that I've built from sources, disabling an option that was hogging the cpu when a network service was binding on the localhost interface (hopefully all the other things will keep working, I don't know how far it is respect the kernel used by latest WeTek OS roms, in case I'll ask for updated sources).
    Acestream, for example, was unusable because of this, now it works like a charm (tested under Kodi 14.1 RC and latest P2P-Streams, right now SopCast shipped with that addon doesn't work with Lollipop)
    Included CEC settings under Settings -> WeTek Settings, untested because I have any cec capable device. It should work because it's just a matter about writing some stuff to the proper sysfs file and let the kernel handle it.
    Fixed a problem that might happen when quitting from daydream (the screensaver) that was sending the device to sleep (I don't know why it happened, it wasn't doing it when I tested daydream in early builds but some upstream changes might have changed something)

* ROM 2015-01-11

Final fix for the zoom in issue on WeTek Theater. I tried to be nice, but I had to do it the hard way... now it won't happen anymore, it's practically impossible :) (I hope!!)

* ROM 2015-01-12
  • radumxradumx Posts: 12WeTek Community Member

Hi CT,
    congratulations for your work, this is the best and most stable version yet, but I found some problems:
    - Wetek theater does not display subtitles on some channels, even if it looks like is available
    -channel sorting does not work
    -at leave application, remains somewhat in background wetek theater app, and they pass on YouTube for example, from a clip to another one second appears TV channel watched at closing the theater application, possibly as good included a task killer app or something.
    cordially

The whole subtitle thing is closed source from amlogic and is not supported on any Android version above 4.2 (I'm 3 major versions above the stock rom so something won't work unless both version are running the same Android base), subtitle support has been removed at all because on Lollipop it's completely broken and makes FC WeTek Theater at start.

For channel sorting, I will report it to one of the guys developing WeTek Theater, but in the meantime try to flash this zip that includes an updated version of the Theater and tell me if it still happens.

The other thing seems to be normal and related to the way that amlogic has implemented video playback. There are two framebuffers, one for the UI (fb0) and one for video playback (fb1), ATV's launcher, I don't know why, sets opacity to 0 when launching apps (but not all of them, I've noticed it mainly with kodi), that shows the underlying fb1 that has the last frame played.
    There's an option in amlogic code to show/hide the last played frame but according to my tests it doesn't do nothing, but I will give a look into it, it's only cosmetic though or does it affect something?

I just wanted to let you know that I fixed that cosmetic issue, I've even told about that to WeTek Theater devs and they will include the patch in WeTek Theater, for now I'm going to override it from the main java framework.

Workaround for the last frame of the last channel played on WeTek Theater that was visible when launching some apps (like Kodi), it's just cosmetic and will be handled better when the new WeTek Theater will be released (I told them to put the modification straight in the Theater's code, when quitting the app)
    Added support for link2sd, if you wanna use it prepare a microsd card using the new cwm (be careful, all data on it will be destroyed) and install link2sd from play store (or sideload it, whatever you prefer)

* ROM 2015-01-13

Fixed a problem that was preventing the device from getting network access when setting a static ip for the ethernet connection (it worked fine if you unplug/plug the eth cable once changed the ip, or reboot the box, now it's not needed anymore)
    Other minor things

* ROM 2015-01-15
  • porroporro Posts: 2WeTek Community Member

Hello CristianTroy,

as far as you know are we obliged to use theater TV? No offence to app developer but it is far away from a PVR basic app...Is it possible to use live TV in kodi and take advantage of its functions?

I bought the device for my parents that mostly use PVR functions but honestly it is unusable for that purpose. I'm going crazy to find some DVBT channels in OpenElec (scan fail) and in Android TV the only theatre TV is very limited.

Bye

AFAIK there's a work in progress regarding the port of tvheadend to Android (if I'm correct it's a matter of the dvb drivers that have been updated in the 3.10 kernel used by openelec and that are fully dvb-api compliant, while those in use by Android's WeTek build need further work for it), until then you can't use anything else.

Anyway I can assure you that WeTek Theater is in a very active development so things might change, but I hope that the working tvheadend could be used soon since many people would prefer Kodi anyway.
  • rhartingerrhartinger Posts: 156WeTek Community Member

Can I install on a SC Card like Openelec?The download doesnt work
  • AdministratorAdministrator Posts: 355Administrator - WeTek Community Manager, WeTek Community Member

Hello rhatinger,

All ok with download link:

http://prntscr.com/5w716f
    rhartinger wrote:
    Can I install on a SC Card like Openelec?

Have a look here -> http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php? ... T-PICTURES
  • rhartingerrhartinger Posts: 156WeTek Community Member

is this the correct thread which you wnt to show me

That links to an apk and some images that show **** running (you can use it as **** client to connect to a cardserver)
  • myllemylle Posts: 12WeTek Community Member

Hi guys,

Wanted to update my wetek play (android tv) yesterday but ran into a few issues.

1. To update you have to enable developer options and chose reboot into recovery from here. I enable the developer options but the option to enable reboot to recovery is nowhere to be found?
    2 instead i booted into recovery (twrp) from my sdcard did a wipe and the proceeded to the install option to install the latest zip image and gapps. Now however unlike the first initial install nothing shows up on the sdcard and i cannot mount it. TWRP does not give an error. it just looks like the sdcard is empty :( Tried with CWM recover but when chosing SDcard im just told "error mounting SD card" :( Recovery loads just fine from the sdcard and im also able to boot openelec (other sdcard) sp obviously the sdcard slot is working.

Help :)

/Jacob