WeTek Community Forum

Latest TvHeadend for WeTek Play

chippotlechippotle Posts: 27WeTek Community Member
I've compiled the latest version of TvHeadend for WeTek Play, because the version in the unofficial repo is an old one.
Just download the zip, upload it to your WeTek and select "Install from zip". If you have already installed an older version of TvHeadend, no problem. Your settings will be migrated.

v4.0.9 (for OpenElec 7 / 6.95.1 / 6.95.2): https://www.dropbox.com/s/t7advmh2dg5layb/service.multimedia.tvheadend-7.0.3.zip?dl=0

Older versions:
v4.0.8 (for OpenElec 6): https://www.dropbox.com/s/5540ufgrvon0q70/service.multimedia.tvheadend-6.0.3.zip?dl=0
v4.0.7 (for OpenElec 6): www.dropbox.com/s/di4zbhkkci706kp/service.multimedia.tvheadend-6.0.2.zip?dl=0

I will update this thread when a newer version is available.

Comments

• TheCrowTheCrow Posts: 5WeTek Community Member
    Thanks will give it a go
  • NE0NE0 Posts: 808WeTek Community Member
    Thanks for compiling the add-on, I'll make this thread sticky so more users see it and can try out the newer version.
  • vicioptviciopt Posts: 186WeTek Community Member
    Thank you for your availability! Great work! Is there any changelog? that would be useful!
  • chippotlechippotle Posts: 27WeTek Community Member
    viciopt: Yes, just unzip the download and see changelog.txt.
  • Solo0815Solo0815 Posts: 243WeTek Community Member
    Can you please explain how to (cross-)compile a binary for the Wetek?
    Thx
  • zuka1977zuka1977 Posts: 37WeTek Community Member
    I use Tvhedaed 6.0.3 (4.0.6) and it works well. Today I tried to make update on version 4.0.7, but unscessfully (doesn't work). I tried clean instalation inside Openelec 6.0, but again unsucesfully. Could you explain how to install this version.
  • JayBJayB Posts: 18WeTek Community Member
    I also tried the installation but without sucess!

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

• GuRuGuRu Posts: 588WeTek Community Member
    Works good
    eOOF8CM4Q0CO9y6oLaQ.jpg

Thanks

p3K7B4GmEabMjWJWX0mw.png
    zuka1977​, JayB: Does the installation process fail or does it install without any error but does not start up? Installation is simple: Download the zip, upload it to your WeTek, go to Settings > Addons > Install from Zip and select the uploaded zip file.
    My mistake. I can do the installation but the tvheadend doesnt start.

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

Installation passed without any erorr, but won't start. After this I went back on 6.0.3, and it is started imediately.
    Please execute: cat /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.multimedia.tvheadend/service.log | pastebinit
    and paste the link output here.
  • vicioptviciopt Posts: 186WeTek Community Member
    I didn't had any problem with the installation or the startup of the updated service.

Regarding the changelog... not very useful! :P
    [USER="13149"]chippotle[/USER]
    Comrades who have problems using my, assembled from githab past at the time. She is special, without the possibility of increasing or decreasing.
    For installation, you want to remove the plugin and folders from it.
    viciopt wrote: »
    I didn't had any problem with the installation or the startup of the updated service.

Regarding the changelog... not very useful! :P

Why? The changelog says "Upgraded to TvHeadend 4.0.7". For a detailed changelog of TvHeadend see https://tvheadend.org/projects/tvheadend/roadmap and https://github.com/tvheadend/tvheade...4.0.3...v4.0.7

As GuRu mentioned: If you have installed an unofficial build, the upgrade of config files could fail and you have to wipe the old plugin.
    How can i backup my channels data before wipe my actual tvheadend to install this new version?
    Which folder should i backup?
  • AT00230AT00230 Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
    Hi, thanks for your great work, everthing works fine for me!

I have only one issue as before: if i start live TV on any channel, no matter if SD or HD, encrypted or not, it needs 20-25 seconds to start!

A channel switch, if live TV is already running, needs 2-5 seconds!

I don't understand the reason for and find any setting in TvH or OE to avoid that 'Problem'

Any idea?

Regards, Andreas
    [USER="13390"]AT00230[/USER]

I assume that you have more than one satellite and many channels, if so, to accelerate the process initialization and change channels should be cleaned as much as possible a list of the muxes and services, leaving only those that use.
    @GuRu

Thanks for your answer!

I have only one satellite (Astra 19.2E) and only 75 channels! I enabled only the muxes which are needed for the 75 channels!

So i'am think it's clean enough!

A very interested thing is, if i start live TV fresh from a remote Kodi client or vlc client (both with htsp) it works fine and need 2-5 seconds!
    I also tried to enable and disable timeshift, but without any difference!
    This is my service.log after clean installation:

2015-11-06 18:53:01.945 [ INFO] main: Log started
    2015-11-06 18:53:02.043 [ ERROR] START: filename /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.multimedia.tvheadend/dvr/config/dvr-config is invalid

[USER="12863"]zuka1977[/USER]

For installation, you need remove the plugin and folders from him.
    /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.multimedia.tvheadend/
    /storage/.kodi/addons/service.multimedia.tvheadend

AT00230 wrote: »
    I have only one issue as before: if i start live TV on any channel, no matter if SD or HD, encrypted or not, it needs 20-25 seconds to start!

A channel switch, if live TV is already running, needs 2-5 seconds!

I have exactly the same problem as you. I spoke with the developer of TvHeadend, provided him with log files and he told me that it is not a problem with TVH as it delivers the first package to kodi after about 2-3 seconds. So it seems like a problem with the pvr client or with the decoder...
    chippotle wrote: »
    with the decoder...
    Exactly !
  • rhartingerrhartinger Posts: 157WeTek Community Member
    where can I download 4.0.7?
    rhartinger wrote: »
    where can I download 4.0.7?

Maybe try the link in the first post?
    chippotle wrote: »

I have exactly the same problem as you. I spoke with the developer of TvHeadend, provided him with log files and he told me that it is not a problem with TVH as it delivers the first package to kodi after about 2-3 seconds. So it seems like a problem with the pvr client or with the decoder...

That could be the answer, why it works fine one remote client and not localy!
    Maybe there is a bug in the tvh pvr 2.1.16 for wetek, because on my linux pc it works fine with that version!
    But there is a newer one available 2.1.18 and hopefully anyone can combile that for wetek!
  • erbaserbas Posts: 114WeTek Community Member
    GuRu wrote: »
    [USER="12863"]zuka1977[/USER]

For installation, you need remove the plugin and folders from him.
    /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.multimedia.tvheadend/
    /storage/.kodi/addons/service.multimedia.tvheadend

Good Guru, After installation actually had a delay of 20 seconds like other friends!
    With your tip for cleaning a clean update back to normal.
    Great friend!!
  • aditadit Posts: 55WeTek Community Member
    I noticed that zapping is faster with Aeon Nox skin then Confluence. At least on my system..
  • BigBossBigBoss Posts: 81WeTek Community Member
    I'm using the eminence skin. Already updated to this new TVheadend.
    Working good
    adit wrote: »
    I noticed that zapping is faster with Aeon Nox skin then Confluence. At least on my system..

Surprisingly, a place to be!
    Attachment not found.