WeTek Community Forum

WeTek Hub OS v1.0.2 released by OTA update

MC117MC117 Posts: 3,707Administrator - WeTek Community Manager
edited July 2017 in WeTek Builds/ROMs/Updates

We're proud to announce that we start seeding the OTA update of WeTek Hub OS v1.0.2

Changelog:

- VNC server (http://kanaka.github.io/noVNC/noVNC/vnc.html - Host: IP, Port: 5900)

Introduced new launcher features:
- Widgets
- Bing wallpaper

- Update WeTek Media Player to 16.1-Jarvis-WeTekMediaPlayer-v3

- Update Kodi to Kodi v17.0 “Krypton” Alpha 2

- New uboot to fix 4K resolution at LibreELEC and OpenELEC

- Fix on the RAM management

- Various fixes in Android and Kernel.

To access the web interface of WeTek Hub, open the browser on your computer/tablet/smartphone, and type the IP Address of the device.

On the update, i advise to disconnect the HDD's.

After installing, i always recommend a reboot on WeTek Hub.

If you need any help on these procedures, or want to make a new installation, you can check this Topic:

How to update WeTek Hub - Manually, Automatically and New Installations

For those users that have a Phillips or Sony TV from 2009 and want to check if the Force RGB feature help's on the Green/Pink screen, please download this file: https://mega.nz/#!CMg3TZDB!tb881ie58g3HWcOOKjVPDOptliTqCH__c3OQyAhTDc4

Just need to copy this zip file to the root of your mSD

Then, please insert the mSD card onto your WeTek and using We.Update, select local update

Select the zip file on your mSD and install

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please don't downgrade the device from Android 6 to Android 5!
You'll brick the device!
The system files are different and it will brick the device

Best regards

Comments

• HomerJauHomerJau Posts: 40WeTek Community Member
    Could you please post a link to the 1.02 file so that I can download and manually do the update. OTA is now at 8% after about 30 minutes and I have a cable/very fast internet connection (I have 4 players to update...)
  • MC117MC117 Posts: 3,707Administrator - WeTek Community Manager
    I'm on mobile so I can't help you now.

I can however tomorrow morning get you the update file

Best regards

Thanks that will help a lot.

It's now at 50% after around 3hrs and very hot - I think I could cook an egg :)

The OTA update on the first which I did a couple days ago was quite fast, maybe an hour max.
  • SunnyFunnySunnyFunny Posts: 14WeTek Community Member
    For me.....
    - Webinterface not working
    - VNC not working

For me.....
    - Webinterface not working
    - VNC not working

Webinterface: ipofwetek:8081 or 8080

VNC, please describe the issue so we can help you further

edited July 2016
    Thanks!

Funny thing was 4 out of 5 Hubs updated via OTA in about 15min or so but one took nearly 7 hrs. Same network and ISP etc... Anyway all updated now.

• hanspampelhanspampel Posts: 9WeTek Community Member
    Dont know if this only me but the box didnt played dts sound in kodi on android. It only gaves me an 7.1 or what you set pcm sound. Only dolby digital is actually working. Im on latest 1.0.2, tried many factory resets, nothing helps. The HiBit soundformats like TrueHD(Dolby Atmos) oder DTS HD MA(dts:X) didnt played aswell.
  • NedScottNedScott Posts: 1,123WeTek Community Member
    @hanspampel try with WeTek Media Player or SPMC.

former WeTek Support team member, now just a friendly volunteer.
    Downloaded spmc apk and same as with kodi. No dts only 2.0-7.1 pcm. I thougt this device has a dts license?

Downloaded spmc apk and same as with kodi. No dts only 2.0-7.1 pcm. I thougt this device has a dts license?

The hardware does, but Kodi (and all forks, such as SPMC and WMP) are still working things out. WMP should be your best luck, followed by Kodi v17's beta, then SPMC.

The reason for this is that Google didn't properly add HD audio passthrough in Android. Even in Android 6 the API they use for HD audio has issues and will be replaced with Android 7. However, WeTek devs are working around that, using amlogic (that's the processor brand that WeTek uses) specific hacks so that it will work without having to wait for that API mess to be resolved. The result of that work is WMP, though SPMC should also have some of those fixes as well.

(thankfully, LibreELEC/linux can handle HD audio much easier, but both Linux and Android will be supported in the near future)

The versions of WMP out there normally work, but sometimes adjustments have to be made for specific receivers. If you could start a new thread in the forum for your issue then we can track your specific set up and see what can be done.

• EagleEyeXEagleEyeX Posts: 84WeTek Community Member
    the problem is that libreelec isnt stable yet... i have to say that they are working on it and its getting more stable after each update.... WMP works nice at this moment thanks for that :)
    On the custom builds on libreelec ill got other problems with non working resolution above of 720p. what a shame.
    NedScott said:

The versions of WMP out there normally work, but sometimes adjustments have to be made for specific receivers. If you could start a new thread in the forum for your issue then we can track your specific set up and see what can be done.

Ill opened a new thread here. Thx
  • lekandlekand Posts: 9WeTek Community Member
    Could you post a link to the 1.02 update including the Forced RGB colorspace option please?
    edited November 2016
    lekand said:

Could you post a link to the 1.02 update including the Forced RGB colorspace option please?

Hi,

It's here: https://mega.nz/#!CMg3TZDB!tb881ie58g3HWcOOKjVPDOptliTqCH__c3OQyAhTDc4

Best regards

• cglovercglover Posts: 15WeTek Community Member
    Can this be updated using the we. Update app online update?
  • AnimaAnima Posts: 1,988WeTek Support Team
    Hello @cglover

If you mean the Forced RGB colorspace, yes it is inclueded in the OTA update.

Best regards

• cglovercglover Posts: 15WeTek Community Member
    The Ota keeps saying I have the latest version and I dont
    Sorry my colleague @Anima misunderstood.

It's includes on the file that I posted earlier

This force RGB will be featured on the next official OTA update

Best regards

• EagleEyeXEagleEyeX Posts: 84WeTek Community Member
    In android i have frame skips in youtube and wmp my iptv works good. The audio is on Android and le 0.125 later then video tested in wmp and le 7.1
  • lecter84lecter84 Posts: 17WeTek Community Member
    Hello,
    Today my wetek hub arrived and I am very happy so far. I am coming from a first gen aftv . Main reason to try the hub is the possibility of flawless 24p playback.
    Currwntly I am using wmp as i jabe the feeling it is the most reliable player on the most recent firmware. 24p playback is also fine.

But one thing makes me wonder and I would like to ask some other people to try this: if i playback a file with 24p the hub switches the framerate to 24hz as it is supposed to do. But when I fastforward during playback it switches to 60hz again. Wmp tells me 60hz by pressing "o" letter on keyboard and also my tv and projector tell me 60 hz.
    However, although 60 hz is reported the playback still seems completely free of judder and I would say I am reaaaally sensitive about this.
    Really strange. Can someone confirm this?

Last thing: I already know that I will be enyoing this little box a lot ;-)
    Great forum here btw
    Sorry I wanted to say after pressing "Z" not "O"
    It might not have any judder if you also have "sync to display" enabled in WMP/Kodi -> Settings -> Videos -> Playback. It's basically removing the judder in a less desired way, by retiming the video/audio. Personally, I don't really notice a quality difference, but it can cause issues if you use audio passthrough, and should be avoided when possible.

However, it shouldn't be switching at all like that. Make sure that WMP is not selected in the Display Refresh Rate app. If both WMP/Kodi and DRR are trying to adjust things at the same time then unexpected behavior might happen.

Ok marked wmp as "blue' in the refresh settings and chose level 1 changing. Now the strange thing is gone. However now I sometimes need to open the same mkv twice because sometimes there is no sound at first.
    Maybe some buffer issue? Can I increase somehow the buffer size like in kodi? Does this advancedsettings.xml thing also apply to wmp?
    Sorry it is on level 2.
  • AnimaAnima Posts: 1,988WeTek Support Team
    lecter84 said:

Ok marked wmp as "blue' in the refresh settings and chose level 1 changing. Now the strange thing is gone. However now I sometimes need to open the same mkv twice because sometimes there is no sound at first.

Maybe some buffer issue? Can I increase somehow the buffer size like in kodi? Does this advancedsettings.xml thing also apply to wmp?

Yes you can add advancedsettings.xml to WMP
    Instead of adding it to the Kodi user data, i believe you must add it to the WMP user data.

Best regards

edited September 2016
    Ok I played around A LOT with all settings.
    What works for me the best is the following:

-Hub is connected via ethernet cable, wifi signal was too weak for high bitrate MKV.

advanced settings (I think close to default):
    <advancedsettings>
    <network>
    <buffermode> 1 </buffermode>
    <readbufferfactor> 1.5 </readbufferfactor>
    <cachemembuffersize> 104857600 </cachemembuffersize>
    </network>
    </advancedsettings>
    -WMP marked "blue"
    -In display settings: turn OFF refresh rate adjust (not mode1 or 2, just off)
    -other settings here caused the losing of 24Hz after fastforward (at least for some WMP settings)

In WMP:
    -refresh adjust: on start/stop, pause video after switch 4 seconds
    -keep audio alive: never (not sure if this has any impact)
    -video acceleration: am-codec only!
    I have read somewhere here that this is supposed to be broken/poorly supported by Kodi, but I noticed that the CPU load is greatly reduced especially when playing back high bitrate MKVs (around 20% vs. almost 100% with mediacodec and/or mediacodec surface which makes me wonder if those are working correctly in my case)

Result:
    -no more fast forward back to 60hz stuff.
    -Pass-Through AC3/DTS 5.1 working directly (also here I noticed that mode1 or mode2 caused that there was no sound on playback start but again there when disabling and enabling passthrough in playback-menu)
    -HD-Audio did not work for me, but I have to say that I am not 100% sure if my AV Receiver is capable of decoding it.
    -High bitrate MKVs with VC1 video codec (I only have a few of them) have very high amount of judder when decoded with am-codec I noticed. CPU load is low though.
    -IPTV: Seems to be working at least for SDTV (tested german TV channel "ZDF" in SD and HD). I have the feeling that if I watch HD I need to switch to MPEG 2 Audio instead of AC3 (audio drop outs approx. every 10 seconds). HD/SD about the same CPU load (definitely below 100% load)
    One another thing here: In SD and also HD I have no setting for de-interlacing available. Is this normal?
    On my AFTV first gen I had the option "bob", which did not look that good however.

I am tired and my eyes hurt.
    But I am happier now to see that 24p playback is working without strange stuff, main reason for me to use Wetek Hub instead of AFTV for MKV playback.

Good Night!

The "AMLogic codec" isn't so much broken as it is just an abandoned method of decoding (which only happened a few years ago). The original developer for it wanted to focus on universal hardware decoding APIs (mediacodec) since those had since become stable. However, there are still a few paces where AMLogic codec does a better job, as you've discovered.

The AMLogic company themselves also need to do some more to improve their chip support for mediacodec. Eventually mediacodec will be just as good as amlcodec is, and better.

thanks for the information.
    So the mediacodec (surface) option simply does not work right now as it is supposed, kind of falling back to software decoding?
    One more thing:
    I do not know if this the right place to ask, but is it possible to root the wetek hub?
    Or is it already rooted ;-) ?

I would like to try the sixxaxis app to connect my old dualshock 3 controller.