WeTek Community Forum
Hi WeTek Fan! :)

Please check our WeTek Closed BETA program: http://www.wetekforums.com/v/discussion/31382/call-for-closed-beta-on-wetek-play-2?new=1

Give me also the feedback over the new look on our community forum: http://www.wetekforums.com/v/discussion/31383/new-forum-look?new=1

Thanks
MasterChief117

(EmbER) Linux for Amlogic TV Boxes [BETA BUILDS ONLY HERE]

Josh.5Josh.5 Posts: 5WeTek Community Member
edited September 2016 in Linux

Embedded Entertainment ROM

EmbER (short for "Embedded Entertainment ROM") is a JeOS Linux distribution based on Buildroot with the primary goal of providing a streamlined, completely optimised Pure Linux implementation of Kodi to Amlogic devices.

This thread is for Beta testing and General Support for the firmware on the Wetek Play.
These builds are not yet officially supported, nor do I know if we will officially support them. I'm only posting it here because I made it for shits and giggles and it was lying around. If it gathers enough interest, I may look at adding it to EmbER's official list of supported devices with OTA updates etc...

DOWNLOADS:

EmbER V4.0.1~f8adcb6e (Kodi 16.1, Jarvis) - Compiled 20-SEP-16
Installer Image (Use this for installing to your sd card for the first time)
Update Image

INSTALLATION:

Tools needed:
- SD Card (2GB recommended minimum)
- Winrar (http://freedownloadwinrar.net/all-languages)
- Win32 Disk Imagger (http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/)

Install to new SD Card:
1) Download the "Installer Image" above.
2) Use Winrar to extract the image file.
3) Open Win32 Disk Imager and select the extracted disk image.
4) Insert your SD Card into your PC.
5) Under "Device" on Win32 Disk Imager, select the SD Card drive letter.
6) Click "Write". Warning, this will nuke your SD Card and all data will be lost.
7) You will now have a SD Card that will boot EmbER on your Wetek Play. Eject it and have fun!

Update an EmbER SD Card:
1) Download the "Update Image" above.
2) Insert your SD Card into your PC.
3) Use Winrar to extract the contents of the downloaded "Update Image" to your SD Card.
7) Learn to count!
4) Eject the SD Card and return it to your Wetek Play...

KNOWN ISSUES:

- Power options. Suspend is not yet implemented in this build. Power off and timer are disabled in power menu. (PARTIALLY FIXED)
- OTA Updates are not yet implemented in this build.
- Kernel does not yet have all required Wetek Play patches. (FIXED)
- DVB support not yet implemented in this build (can be supported easy enough if requested). (SUPPORT ADDED)

For information on EmbER:
EmbER-Dev.com

Comments

• pawntheppawnthep Posts: 40WeTek Community Member
    Thanks for this build. It'd be nice to see DVB support in the future, both internal and external maybe.
  • H0nch0H0nch0 Posts: 210WeTek Community Member
    would love to see a build with DVB support or a guide to show to implement it
  • 1999gtv1999gtv Posts: 174WeTek Community Member
    I like this but for the Wetek it really needs good DVB capability
  • Josh.5Josh.5 Posts: 5WeTek Community Member
    edited September 2016
    Sure thing. DVB support added. Download the updated image in the first post for the DVB enabled firmware.
    I've only tested DVB-T. Leave it up to you guys to test ATSC and DVB-S
    pawnthep said:

Thanks for this build. It'd be nice to see DVB support in the future, both internal and external maybe.

H0nch0 said:

would love to see a build with DVB support or a guide to show to implement it

1999gtv said:

I like this but for the Wetek it really needs good DVB capability

To enable DVB, use Tvheadend.:
    1. Install it by opening Programs > System Settings. Navigate to the services tab and install the Tvheadend service from the remote repository. (If this list is not populated, hit the refresh button first)
    2. Once installed, Tvheadend will be accessible from http://{IP ADDRESS}:9981. Enter this into a web browser and follow the guide to tune your device.
    3. After setting up Tvheadend, enable Live TV feature in Kodi by selecting Settings > TV > General > Enable. Selecting this should auto detect the Tvheadend service running and enable the appropriate PVR add-on.

Unlike most other firmware options, EmbER can be run almost completely headless as a server. I'm currently porting a number of other server software to the OS. Emby is one that I really want. Another is Apache. If you know of any that you would like to see, leave it in a comment here.
  • RaxoneRaxone Posts: 139WeTek Community Member
    Please password for ssh,ftp.
  • halidrihalidri Posts: 194WeTek Community Member
    What is the difference to LibreElec?
    Raxone said:

Please password for ssh,ftp.

"root/letmein"
    thanx ill grab files and test this week :) ,
    on a side note anyone tested the E22TVH app ?
    if this fails to transfer the info and save correct , whats chances of VDR as its easiest to config without tools :)
    H0nch0 said:

thanx ill grab files and test this week :) ,
    on a side note anyone tested the E22TVH app ?
    if this fails to transfer the info and save correct , whats chances of VDR as its easiest to config without tools :)

VDR is in the works at the moment. It should be available for download in the same way as tvheadend is in the next month or so. Only reason tvheadend came first was because I found it is much better once it is setup, however, i can see what you mean about the complexity.
    I have a VDR setup that I'm testing at the moment which allows for switching between the VDR and Kodi for use as the frontend UI. But I'm having a few issues with making the switch clean and tidy. Plus I'm still working still on the newly implemented SD Card installation which has allowed me to extend EmbER support to the wetek in the first place. We are moving away from nand installs as the default as with all the other devices we've found too many people cannot read instructions and end up with bricked boxes.
    edited September 2016
    thanx for the update , have you tryd the E22TVH app
    thats converts E2 lists , i know its working on libre/openelec tvh 4.0 but broken on there 4.1 TVH ,
    how is **** for your system and how to install if its not already included ,

as for TVH complexity to set up ive just never found a good editor tool that works well or a script even on Linux that's working right to sort as per chanel-line up the fave's lists / bouquets for my sat 28.2
    edited September 2016
    update tested E22Tvh did not play ball , but regardless i was looking for CA tab in TVH and could not see this at all , anyone else found this issue ?

Ignor above about CA was the prefix on interface levels :)
  • pawntheppawnthep Posts: 40WeTek Community Member
    Thanks for dvb support.

But it seems CEC not working though. (I did try disable/enable in EmbER setting already with Panasonic and LG TV.) Can this be fixed in the next build maby?

Looking forward for another build with more services, especially Emby or Plex server. :)

Thanks.

• halidrihalidri Posts: 194WeTek Community Member
    halidri said:

What is the difference to LibreElec?