Embedded Entertainment ROM
EmbER (short for "Embedded Entertainment ROM") is a JeOS Linux distribution based on Buildroot with the primary goal of providing a streamlined, completely optimised Pure Linux implementation of Kodi to Amlogic devices.
This thread is for Beta testing
and General Support
for the firmware on the Wetek Play.
These builds are not yet officially supported, nor do I know if we will officially support them. I'm only posting it here because I made it for shits and giggles and it was lying around. If it gathers enough interest, I may look at adding it to EmbER's official list of supported devices with OTA updates etc...
EmbER V4.0.1~f8adcb6e (Kodi 16.1, Jarvis) - Compiled 20-SEP-16Installer Image
(Use this for installing to your sd card for the first time)Update Image
- SD Card (2GB recommended minimum)
- Winrar (http://freedownloadwinrar.net/all-languages
- Win32 Disk Imagger (http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/
)Install to new SD Card:
1) Download the "Installer Image" above.
2) Use Winrar to extract the image file.
3) Open Win32 Disk Imager and select the extracted disk image.
4) Insert your SD Card into your PC.
5) Under "Device" on Win32 Disk Imager, select the SD Card drive letter.
6) Click "Write". Warning, this will nuke your SD Card and all data will be lost.
7) You will now have a SD Card that will boot EmbER on your Wetek Play. Eject it and have fun!Update an EmbER SD Card:
1) Download the "Update Image" above.
2) Insert your SD Card into your PC.
3) Use Winrar to extract the contents of the downloaded "Update Image" to your SD Card.
7) Learn to count!
4) Eject the SD Card and return it to your Wetek Play...
- Power options. Suspend is not yet implemented in this build.
Power off and timer are disabled in power menu.
- OTA Updates are not yet implemented in this build.
Kernel does not yet have all required Wetek Play patches.
DVB support not yet implemented in this build (can be supported easy enough if requested).
(SUPPORT ADDED)For information on EmbER:EmbER-Dev.com