Ubuntu 16.04 Mate & Minimal for WeTek Play 2

Comments

• Quadbeat
    Quadbeat
    Junior Member Posts: 188
    Updated 1st post with URL for DVB Driver download.
  • ozkaradag
    ozkaradag
    MOD Posts: 508
    Great news, thanks to all.

Sincerelly...
  • messert
    messert
    İs there a news about wifi. Wifi did not for me
  • the_ripper
    the_ripper
    Junior Member Posts: 28 edited September 2016
    @messert
    Is dhd module loaded, check with lsmod command. Check dmesg if there is wifi part of the log when module is loading ... I hope you are advance Linux user.
  • lmza
    lmza
    Junior Member Posts: 19
    How difficult would it we to enable the LED drivers in the Linux kernel for the Wetek Play 2?

So basically to allow the LAN and WIFI LEDs to work.

I was able to enable the default Amlogic LED driver in the kernel and recompile, but this only allows to control the power LED (with current defconfig /sys/class/leds is empty). After I enabled amlogic LEDs, I can see:
    root@wetek:~# ls /sys/class/leds/led-sys/ -hal
    total 0
    drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 0 Sep 26 10:08 .
    drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 0 Sep 26 10:08 ..
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4.0K Sep 26 10:10 brightness
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Sep 26 10:08 device -> ../../../sysled
    -r--r--r-- 1 root root 4.0K Sep 26 10:08 max_brightness
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Sep 26 10:08 power
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Sep 26 10:08 subsystem -> ../../../../../class/leds
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4.0K Sep 26 10:08 trigger
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4.0K Sep 26 10:08 uevent
    and can control the color/brightness of the power LED now. But LAN and Wifi LED control is missing and so front LEDs are dead.

With Wetek Play v1, the defconfig included "CONFIG_LEDS_WETEKPLAY=y" , so I assume we need something similar for Wetek Play 2.
  • the_ripper
    the_ripper
    Junior Member Posts: 28
    @lmza
    Dont know if in LE is activated LED control for LAN/WIFI so we can borrow it ?
  • ozkaradag
    ozkaradag
    Hello friends,

They have tuners TBS 5880 and 5990 and I want to use them WP2 on Ubuntu.

What should I do?

Sincerelly...
  • the_ripper
    the_ripper
    @ozkaradag
    Hello, as far I know TBS only provide support for x86 CPU and their precompiled binary files.
    What You could do is to send an email and ask them do they have ARM 64bit support for your TBS device version.

• ozkaradag
    ozkaradag
    Thanks for your message.

I'll send e-mail write them.

Sincerelly.

Further, may be compatibilty it https://github.com/tbsdtv/linux_media ?
  • lmza
    lmza
    After I successfully managed to add the dvb interface with the help from @the_ripper , I tried to tune onto a DVB-S signal. I have tried old szap from dvbtools, szap-s2 from Crazycat and dvbv5-zap and dvbv5-scan from the latest v4l-utils. No success in getting it to lock and got some nasty DISEQC errors: Some output:

root@wetek:~# szap-s2 -a 0 -f 0 -c /etc/ant1.conf -n 1 -l 9750,10600 -M 2 -C 999 -S 0 -H
    reading channels from file '/etc/ant1.conf'
    zapping to 1 'Ant1Data':
    delivery DVB-S, modulation QPSK
    sat 0, frequency 10970 MHz V, symbolrate 30000000, coderate auto, rolloff 0.35 stream_id -1
    vpid 0x1fff, apid 0x1fff, sid 0x0000
    using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
    FE_DISEQC_SEND_MASTER_CMD failed: Invalid argument
    FE_DISEQC_SEND_BURST failed: Invalid argumen
    status 00 | signal 0% | snr 0% | ber 0 | unc 0 |
    status 00 | signal 0% | snr 0% | ber 0 | unc 0 |

root@wetek:~# dvb-fe-tool
    Device Availink AVL6211+AV2011 DVB-S/S2 (/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0) capabilities:
    CAN_2G_MODULATION
    CAN_FEC_1_2
    CAN_FEC_2_3
    CAN_FEC_3_4
    CAN_FEC_4_5
    CAN_FEC_5_6
    CAN_FEC_6_7
    CAN_FEC_7_8
    CAN_FEC_8_9
    CAN_FEC_AUTO
    CAN_INVERSION_AUTO
    CAN_QPSK
    CAN_RECOVER
    DVB API Version 5.10, Current v5 delivery system: DVBS
    Supported delivery systems:
    [DVBS]
    DVBS2
    DiSEqC VOLTAGE: OFF
    ERROR FE_SET_VOLTAGE: Operation not permitted

Also got some "i2c wr failed" error messages in Ubuntu's journalctl when trying to tune.

So it seems like there is a problem with the avl6211 firmware. There is no specific firmware in /lib/firmware for the avl6211. I then copied the dvb-fe-avl6211.fw from the Wetek Play 2 LibreELEC version to /lib/firmware. It did actual lock for a second or so, before the Wetek Play crashes. Had to manually restart the box.

So off I went and googled, found this old firmware file for Wetek Play 1:
    https://github.com/linux-meson/meta-amlogic/tree/master/recipes-kernel/linux-firmware/firmware-dvb

Copied it to /lib/firmware and I now get lock. The questions is now is this the best firmware file? Or is there perhaps a newer one I could test that works with Wetek Play 2 and ubuntu? I have not done much testing yet with this old firmware so not sure what problems if any will appear. At least it locks now.
  • the_ripper
    the_ripper
    @lmza
    Wetek Play 1 and Play2 use the same firmware, so its strange you got crash. Can you check md5 sums for firmware files ...
  • lmza
    lmza
    @the_ripper

The problem is that the dvb-fe-avl6211.fw from the Wetek Play 2 LibreElec crashes the system. About 5KB in size.

The old Wetek Play 1 dvb-fe-avl6211.fw I found in the previous post is about 10KB in size, and allows me to lock.

Where can I download the current official dvb-fe-avl6211.fw file from for Wetek?

Thank you.
  • the_ripper
    the_ripper
    @lmza
    Here you can find firmware http://sources.libreelec.tv/devel/wetekdvb-20160930.tar.xz, tuner/demod code is the same as on LE, must be some different thing, try enabling dynamic debug in kernel config to enable full dbg printk mode from code.
  • lmza
    lmza
    I have been struggling with a problem for the last two weeks and I am no closer to a solution.

With WP1 we successfully were able to receive MPE IP DVB packets on DVB-S and already deployed this onto a couple of hundred WP1s running Ubuntu. Although if I recall we did use Enigma wetekdvb driver and kernel for Ubuntu image on WP1.

I am trying to replicate the same setup on WP2 using Ubuntu again, but without any success.

With WP2, I am able to successfully lock onto satellite using the provided wetekdvb driver and firmware on the WP2 Ubuntu release (thanks to @the_ripper )

I can use szaps2 from Crazycat (same as we used in WP1) OR dvbv5-zap from v4l-utils and both get lock on the DVB-S carrier.

dvbsnoop shows the mpe data packets are present and has the correct format for the dvb_net filter (==> Section table: 62 (0x3e) [= DSM-CC - private data section // DVB datagram])

I was also able to successfully create a dvb net interface using dvbnet -p PID (from dvb-apps), but we are unable to receive/process any MPE IP multicast data packets even in promiscious mode.

If I tune using szaps2 and bring up the dvb0_0 interface for example with:
    ifconfig dvb0_0 hw ether 00:18:bd:5b:49:db 10.235.235.235 netmask 255.255.255.255 promisc up
    The WP2 crashes immediately and WP2 has to be manually restarted.

If I tune using dvbv5-zap and bring up the dvb0_0 interface with the same ifconfig command, the WP2 does not crash but it still does not receive/process any MPE data packets. I can even see the bandwidth stats increase for the data packets in dvbv5-zap for the data PID, but the ifconfig stats for dvb0_0 however always remain at zero.

Things I have tried:
    1. Disabled the reverse path filters as this is the standard config step (echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/rp_filter), but still no data shows in tcpdump
    2. add additional printk statements to dvb_net.c (dvb_core) and recompiled kernel. All the additional generated messages seem to be in order and there are no errors. Filtering does start accroding to dvb_net.
    3. enabled dynamic kernel debugging, but seeing that the wetekdvb is proprietary, as soon as it loads it taints the kernel and no further debugging messages are generated
    4. used the dvb_net.c from kernel 3.10.xx which worked with WP1 and recompiled, but same problem persists.

szaps2 is using dvbv3 api and dvbv5-zap uses dvbv5 api, but I do not think this is the problem as dvbv3 is only depereciated from kernel 3.3. Can the wetekdvb driver work with both versions?

Also, I wonder why the wetekdvb.ko driver creates 3 network dvb devices. Could this be the problem as the filter might be initialized om wrong netX device? Should there not be just one net0 device for an adapter?
    ls /dev/dvb/adapter0/ -hal
    total 0
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 240 Feb 11 2016 .
    drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 60 Feb 11 2016 ..
    crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 4 Feb 11 2016 demux0
    crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 20 Feb 11 2016 demux1
    crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 36 Feb 11 2016 demux2
    crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 5 Feb 11 2016 dvr0
    crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 21 Feb 11 2016 dvr1
    crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 37 Feb 11 2016 dvr2
    crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 3 Feb 11 2016 frontend0
    crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 7 Feb 11 2016 net0
    crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 23 Feb 11 2016 net1
    crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 39 Feb 11 2016 net2
    Very frustrating as I am unable to make any progress. Any suggestions or input would be appreciated. :'(
  • lmza
    lmza
    @the_ripper

It is working with the new driver :)

What is the main difference in this new driver compared to the previous one?

I probably should have asked you sooner for assistance, would have saved me some time in troubleshooting. :D
  • the_ripper
    the_ripper
    @lmza

It was "RAW" driver for sending data direct to DVR device for LibreElec and his DVB addons, jumping over any filters ...
  • picolo
    picolo
    Hi,
    Ubuntu mate is good but no internal wifi and bluetooth.
    If a genius can make an image with btw wetek modules or explain how to proceed, i will be very pleased.

PS: dual boot can be too a good option for a next release.
  • the_ripper
    the_ripper
    @picolo
    Check with lsmod is dhd module loaded
  • lmza
    lmza
    Junior Member Posts: 19 edited October 2016

@lmza
    Dont know if in LE is activated LED control for LAN/WIFI so we can borrow it ?

I did install LibreELEC-WeTek_Play2.aarch64-7.1.0.DVB.img.gz and the front Wifi and LAN LEDs are also dead.

I can not see the LAN and Wifi LED classes in /sys/class either. So LEDs are also not enabled in LE.