WeTek Community Forum
Hi WeTek Fan! :)

Please check our WeTek Closed BETA program: http://www.wetekforums.com/v/discussion/31382/call-for-closed-beta-on-wetek-play-2?new=1

Give me also the feedback over the new look on our community forum: http://www.wetekforums.com/v/discussion/31383/new-forum-look?new=1

Thanks
MasterChief117

Ubuntu 16.04 Mate & Minimal for WeTek Play 2

Comments

• the_ripperthe_ripper Posts: 28WeTek Community Member
    @lmza

Check my commit about LEDs https://github.com/wetek-enigma/linux-amlogic/commit/97b221a96c442e8d9e1198b52eb3bf502c663329 it's for LE kernel, but ASAP I need to see if can be pushed to odroid forked kernel one for Wetek.

Thx.
  • ozkaradagozkaradag Posts: 582WeTek Community Member
    Dear the ripper,

Does it would benefit us?
    http://www.tbsdtv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=199&t=10067

Sincerelly...
    @ozkaradag
    Install one of the Ubuntu images and try this commands on this link
    Unfortunelly i dont try because i haven't WP2 yet. :smile:

Sincerelly...
  • picolopicolo Posts: 9WeTek Community Member
    @the_ripper

With lsmod, I see :
    Module Size Used by
    fuse 88726 3
    zram 18287 4
    lz4_decompress 2712 1 zram
    lz4_compress 2961 1 zram
    joydev 10999 0
    hid_logitech 21203 0
    ff_memless 5061 1 hid_logitech
    i2c_gpio 4304 0
    gxbb_wdt 3419 0
    dhd 864361 0
    cfg80211 472770 1 dhd
    ipv6 375777 52
    autofs4 28145 2
    Hello @picolo
    so dhd module is loaded,

what 'dmesg' log command say, is firmware loaded, what about 'ifconfig' command ?
    Check if 'iwconfig' command is there, if not install it 'sudo apt-get install wireless-tools' ?
    Does command: 'sudo iwlist wlan0' scan works?

There is many command you can try and see what's going on , ofcourse if you are advance Linux user.
  • QuadbeatQuadbeat Posts: 188WeTek Community Member
    edited October 2016
    Updated 1st post with latest release of Ubuntu 16.04 LTS minimal image which include following changes:
    • Login with root/wetek credentials is fixed
    • Wi-Fi is working (ifconfig wlan0 up , iwlist wlan0 scan)
    • Bluetooth is working (hciconfig -a, hcitool scan)
    • DVB driver fully functional
    • Added LED's control
    • Kernel synced with latest Odroid changes 3.14.79 https://github.com/theripper/linux/tree/wetek-3.14.y
    • apt-get is fully functional now
    Great news.

Thanks mate.

Sincerelly...
  • picolopicolo Posts: 9WeTek Community Member
    Great thanks for this update.
    Now wifi and bluetooth are good.
    I have just a problem with the sound : no optical / SPDIF output.
    Hi @picolo
    you can try to play with this settings below, in Amlogic code spdif/HDMI passthrough is not enabled default and I hope this settings will work for you

echo 1 > /sys/class/audiodsp/digital_raw
    echo 2 > /sys/class/audiodsp/digital_codec
    echo audio_on > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/config
    echo spdif_unmute > /sys/devices/platform/spdif_codec/spdif_mute
  • QuadbeatQuadbeat Posts: 188WeTek Community Member
    Updated first post with download url for minisatip binary, for those who would like to run minisatip as SAT>IP server at WeTek Play 2 running on Ubuntu 16.04.
    Thanks mate.

Sincerelly...
  • lmzalmza Posts: 21WeTek Community Member
    Hi @the_ripper

I refer to the post on 11 Oct, where DVB data was enabled for WP2 dvb module. We have replicated our complete setup we had with WP1, except we have one problem we can not seem to resolve.

We use Wetek to receive IP UDP multicast data through the virtual wetek dvb0_0 interface and the forward the same multicast out on eth0 using smcroute. The whole process works, except we experience some packet loss as reported by the multicast client. Using the exact same delivery path, if we take out the WP2 and replace it directly with our WP1, we get zero packet loss. (WP1 has old 3.10.77 kernel with Enigma wetekdvb module and ubuntu 14.04)

The packet loss with WP2 is about 1% at a very low 64Kbps multicast stream. If we increase the transmit rate the packet loss also increases. At high transmit rates on WP1 we still do not see any packet loss.

With WP2 we experience the same packet loss with the 3.14.77 and 3.14.79 kernels (minimal ubuntu). I also tried using the kernel and wetekdvb module from the Openatv (3.14.29) which was released today for WP2. Still packet loss.

It seems to me this problem is buffer related, but I can not find clear evidence of this.

I have also tried to tweak the kernel network settings, for example:
    sysctl -w net.core.rmem_max=31457280
    sysctl -w net.core.wmem_max=31457280
    sysctl -w net.core.optmem_max=25165824
    sysctl -w net.ipv4.udp_mem="262144 327680 393216"
    sysctl -w net.ipv4.udp_rmem_min=16384
    sysctl -w net.ipv4.udp_wmem_min=16384
    sysctl -w net.core.netdev_max_backlog=2000
    sysctl -p

It still does not prevent the random packet loss.

My question is, is there anything in the wetekdvb module that could be dropping packets? Perhaps a buffer setting that could be increased for data reception? The other major difference between the WP2 and WP1 is the ubuntu releases (14.04 32bit and 16.04 64bit), although I can not find any reference that the packet loss could be linked to 16.04.

BTW, thank you for fixing LAN + WiFi LEDs in 3.14.79

Thank you.
  • fantocyfantocy Posts: 6WeTek Community Member
    Hi.
    I am trying ubuntu 16.04 minimal on WP2 boot from sd card. WP2 start boot, .....boot....boot, then follows restart. This was repeated all round.
    As per my post on 15 Dec. After many days of troubleshooting we are just about ready to give up on the Wetek Play 2 as a result of the 1-3% packet loss issue. We have tried tweaking the kernel settings, but still no luck, the packet loss problem persists. We can not prove of find where the packets are being dropped, so we have come to the conclusion it must be with the wetek dvb module or in the kernel before the data reaches the virtual dvb interface.

As mentioned before, using the same satellite feed and same configuration on the Wetek Play 1, we get 0% packet loss.

On the Wetek Play 2, when we dump the packets on the virtual dvb interface, the packets must already be lost as no "missing bytes" errors are reported. So corrupt partial packets are not created, complete packets are being dropped.

dvbsnoop also does not report any "Discontinuity Counter Errors", so this is not the problem. There are no kernel errors in logs saying that packets were dropped. These messages should be generated by dvb_net if it was the case.

So we have run out of options. If anyone has any advice on how to troubleshoot the wetekdvb module to determine if this is the cause, I would really appreciate it.

If there was Wetek Play 1 stock available to buy, it will not be a problem and we will still be using it, but seeing there is none, we have to try and get Wetek Play 2 to work.
    @lmza
    Hello, Play1 and Play2 share the same dvb module/code so I think its not there problem.

Don't know if you could set filter and record PID where this IP Packets are sending and then in "offline" mode try to parse packets but then again you mention dvbsnoop doesnt report any errors.
  • zbigzbig20zbigzbig20 Posts: 914WeTek Community Member
    I think something is wrong with dvb-s2 tuner or dvb driver on play 2 because I had some problems with few transponders on hotbird 13e . I tested dvb-s2 tuner from my play1 with play 2 (replaced) and tested it on android (weos). Signal was much better and all transponders works good on hotbird with this same sat installation
  • FlattermannFlattermann Posts: 1WeTek Community Member
    Hi, would it be possible to have the Ubuntu installation in the NAND memory of the Play2?
    @zbigzbig20

As you suggested, I did try to use WP1 tuner in WP2. Everything loads fine at boot time in Ubuntu and /dev/dvb was created. I was however unable to get a lock on Ant1 or Ant2. I tried to get lock with demux0, demux1 and demux2. WP2 tuner has RF IN and RF OUT. So Ant2 on WP1 tuner is same position as RF IN on WP2 tuner, but maybe the NIM config in kernel is different in Ubuntu than in WEOS and that is why it does not want to lock.

On which port of the WP1 play tuner inside WP2 were you able to get it working? Ant1 or Ant2?
    @zbigzbig20

As you suggested, I did try to use WP1 tuner in WP2. Everything loads fine at boot time in Ubuntu and /dev/dvb was created. I was however unable to get a lock on Ant1 or Ant2. I tried to get lock with demux0, demux1 and demux2. WP2 tuner has RF IN and RF OUT. So Ant2 on WP1 tuner is same position as RF IN on WP2 tuner, but maybe the NIM config in kernel is different in Ubuntu than in WEOS and that is why it does not want to lock.

On which port of the WP1 play tuner inside WP2 were you able to get it working? Ant1 or Ant2?