WeTek Community Forum

WeOS v1.2 by OTA for WeTek Play 2

MC117MC117 Posts: 3,707Administrator - WeTek Community Manager
edited November 2016 in Android (WP2)

We're proud to announce that we start seeding new WeTek OS v1.2 by OTA for WeTek Play 2

Enhance your experience and take advantage of new features, as well as the latest improvements and fixes to WeTek Play 2 OS.

New features:
Manual channel lock.
You can now lock channels by adding a PIN code security lock.
Automatic parental lock
Set age restriction parameters and automatically block content for a certain age threshold.
*this feature depends on the information provided by providers via EPG. We still recommend that you manually block any channels which contents you wish to fully restrict (e.g. adult content channels).
Unicable technology is now supported by WeTek Play 2.

Additionally WeTek Play 2 OS1.2 offers various improvements and bug fixes to already existing features.

WeTV Changelog:
Fixed issue when importing channel list
Fixed issue with out connector not correctly transmitting signal
Fixed logical error when configuring satellite via simple mode
Improved order navigation when configuring satellite via advanced mode
LNB power value corrected
Fixed specific issue that could result in ATSC to crashing
Fixed issue with ATSC audio and video
EPG reach expanded to 7 days
Fixed issue with USALS motor
Fixed issue with recording when accessing the configuration menu
Fixed issue when displaying channel number

Android Changelog:
General Update for Kodi
Update WeTek Media Player to 16.1-Jarvis-WeTekMediaPlayer-v5
General Update for GAPPS

To access the web interface of WeTek Play 2, open the browser on your computer/tablet/smartphone, and type the IP Address of the device and the 8080 port

For Example:

IpofWeTek:8080

When doing update, we advise to disconnect the HDD's.

After installation of new software is done, we recommend you to reboot device.

Download link for manual update

Best regards

Comments

• zbigzbig20zbigzbig20 Posts: 942WeTek Community Member
    edited September 2016
    Thx. Now It is much better with channel numbers than before. After next update I hope there will be like e2 with numbers like @ChristianTroy wrote in different thread . Please add as well polish language as default for subtitles or audio track in wetv options and small epg list under red or blue button .
    I have on question. I want to delete Kodi17 and replace it in main menu with Play Store with this big white icon like on your screen higher. How to do that? I Know I can press OK button longer on this icon and choose different app for example Play Store but where I can add this Big white icon ?
    Regards
  • ChristianTroyChristianTroy Posts: 1,913WeTek Community Member, Developers
    that is integrated in the launcher, you could trick the launcher into thinking is another wetek product by changing build.prop ro.product.device to wetekcore instead of wetekplay2 (changing build.prop might annoy the play store sometimes though), that will show the non TV upper layout
  • zbigzbig20zbigzbig20 Posts: 942WeTek Community Member
    So it is impossible to change this icon on Big white like others? Wetek MP is enough for me in android . I don't need second Kodi . Would be nice to have there Play Store app and this white icon.
  • dzookydzooky Posts: 49WeTek Community Member
    Update not working for me. After downloading of file it always boot to old version. After download I am prompted to pres reboot button. When I press it for short time device will turn off, probably stand by mode, When I press it for long time, there is menu for power off and reboot. When I choose reboot, it reboot again to old version without upgrade.
  • arrbee99arrbee99 Posts: 69WeTek Community Member
    Does this version allow channel renumbering, or is it for later ?
  • goujamgoujam Posts: 177WeTek Community Member
    @dzooky when it says press reboot button press ok. Not the power button on the remote
  • dzookydzooky Posts: 49WeTek Community Member
    goujam said:

@dzooky when it says press reboot button press ok. Not the power button on the remote

Thanks bro :D
  • toncatonca Posts: 8WeTek Community Member
    Is it correct that you should loose your existing channel list and your bouqets when you do the update? :o :/
    Trying to do a new scan (DVB-T2, Sweden) after lost my channel list and bouqets after the update to 1.2 it's stucked in initializing....
  • ChristianTroyChristianTroy Posts: 1,913WeTek Community Member, Developers
    it is not correct, maybe something went wrong, try to open wetv settings and perform a factory reset of the app (password is 0000)
    Thanks ChristianTroy, that made it :) . Not the way it should work... :/
  • wrxtasywrxtasy Posts: 1,221WeTek Community Member
    tonca said:

Is it correct that you should loose your existing channel list and your bouqets when you do the update? :o :/

I lost all my Channel Lists, everything. Had to reset WeTV App as CT said using Pin 0000, and then rescan everything.

• Bradley69Bradley69 Posts: 134WeTek Community Member
    How do you get the 7day peg to work?
  • frankvdbfrankvdb Posts: 36WeTek Community Member
    goujam said:

Maybe it is better just to write "Press the Ok button"

• rocalondonrocalondon Posts: 31WeTek Community Member
    Within WeTV Changelog:
    When you say "LNB power value corrected" do you mean that we can set up the output voltage to the LNB. I am waiting for the option "LNB remove power or LNB power off" in order to work the Wetek Play 2 with comunitarian antennas.
  • figarofigaro Posts: 20WeTek Community Member
    tonca said:

Yes
  • NedScottNedScott Posts: 1,123WeTek Community Member
    edited September 2016

former WeTek Support team member, now just a friendly volunteer.
  • SpeedJoeSpeedJoe Posts: 27WeTek Community Member
    edited September 2016

Within WeTV Changelog:
    When you say "LNB power value corrected" do you mean that we can set up the output voltage to the LNB. I am waiting for the option "LNB remove power or LNB power off" in order to work the Wetek Play 2 with comunitarian antennas.

MENU > Configure Equipment > Advanced mode > and there select for which SATs you want to set LNB Off or different settings - using LNB Type > User define > Voltage mode

But pls explane me , why you need 0V ?
    Because all SAT standard equipment need lnb power - as power or control equipment.
    Only if you try to make cheap configuration for example if you use more the one STB connected on one single LNB using cheap splitter ?
    But for this you can use splitter with one power pass - other will be only for RF signal, something like this :

I must warn , if you use no-appropriate equipment - you can damage WeTek, so pls , be careful.
  • rocalondonrocalondon Posts: 31WeTek Community Member
    With 0V LNB setup now is working (tested with Android).

>>But pls explane me, why you need 0V ?

>>Answer: You need this configuration when you share one atenna with several receivers (comunitarian antennas) used in many buildings. 0V LNB settup is very commun in many others satellites receivers.

Many thanks for your help

>Answer: You need this configuration when you share one atenna with several receivers (comunitarian antennas) used in many buildings. 0V LNB settup is very commun in many others satellites receivers.

Purpose of this option is not for use as you using.
    As i said , if you need cheap solution for sharing sat antena signal (as is in your case) - better use passive spliters with DC Pass on one of line - other out is only for RF signal and if you use 1/4 spliter where one out have DC pass, only this out and receiver connected on this out will send powet to LNB, all other can have LNB On w/o any problem and dangers of damaging.

Damage caused by such unprofessional use is not subject to under the guarantee, not only on WeTek devices.
    Bloody Acronyms, what the heck does LNB stand for anyway ?
    It really, really, really wish WeTek would stop using this sort of Abbreviation Censure !!! Grrr.

I live in an Apartment complex, that centrally distributes DVB-T signals via a communal powered Amplifier/Splitter.
    Does whatever this Voltage regulation is, config tweak apply in this use case scenario ?

@wrxtasy
    I trying to help you , but pls, can you explane better your question, first you talk about LNB then you said DVB-T , sorry I really don't understand what DVB-T have with LNB ?
    For receiving DVB-T SIgnal you need DVB-T tuner, but when use LNB this mean DVB-S tuner and sat. antenna, 2 different things, 2 different tuners , 2 different menu options...
    When you use DVB-T then you can use : 'Antenna Power On/Off' , this is for low noise RF Preamlifier and on RF In you will got +5V/300mA max , so this is for individual PreAmplifier, not distribution amplifier as is in use in your Apartment complex,
    I'm really surprised how you could not find it in the DVB-T settings because this is from start in WeTV and this is standard option, if you try to scan, manualy or Auto - you can see "Antenna Power" as is on picture :

I hope I help you to understand better technical side and how electronic equipment work.
    If you have more question and need more explanation - I'm here and I will try to help you.

• NedScottNedScott Posts: 1,123WeTek Community Member
    I think he understands what they stand for, but he's trying to say that the terms used should be easier for users.

Everyone knows LNB stands for Liquor New Brew ;)

former WeTek Support team member, now just a friendly volunteer.
    NedScott said:

Everyone knows LNB stands for Liquor New Brew ;)

Hahaha this is good :smiley:
    Ok I hope WeTek will use easy for understand terms.
    And I will try also to use something like : "low-noise block downconverter" :dizzy:
  • AnimaAnima Posts: 1,988WeTek Support Team
    wrxtasy said:

It really, really, really wish WeTek would stop using this sort of Abbreviation Censure !!! Grrr.

I live in an Apartment complex, that centrally distributes DVB-T signals via a communal powered Amplifier/Splitter.
    Does whatever this Voltage regulation is, config tweak apply in this use case scenario ?

I understand your struggle with some acronyms, you made your point a few post ago.
    And we said we will make them simpler to understand.

But c'mon If you own a satellite receiver you must know what LNB stands for.

Some of them are just unnecessary. I don't see you writing in full, Digital video broadcasting - Terrestrial, High definition media interface or Sony/Philips digital interface format...

Best regards

• dirki1972dirki1972 Posts: 11WeTek Community Member
    how to get the 7 Day EPG, this should inside the new firmware?
    edited October 2016
    Anima said:

wrxtasy said:

I understand your struggle with some acronyms, you made your point a few post ago.
    And we said we will make them simpler to understand.

But c'mon If you own a satellite receiver you must know what LNB stands for.

Some of them are just unnecessary. I don't see you writing in full, Digital video broadcasting - Terrestrial, High definition media interface or Sony/Philips digital interface format...

Best regards
    Suggestion:
    Write these bloody acronyms down somewhere so Newb end users can easily look them up with explanations for what they do.
    Jeez. All my manuals at work at least have some sort of Lookup Table to help people out.

WeTek can do that at the very least to help end users out. At least I can lookup what DVB stands for on Wiki !

- FTA ?
    - LCN ?
    - NIT ?
    - LNB ?

Need I go on....this is not about me but ALL end users...

• rheggieyrheggiey Posts: 18WeTek Community Member
    I agree with wrxtasy. Like me I dont know all that acronyms but I own a device. I need to search first before I can cope up.
  • shadshad Posts: 110WeTek Community Member
    edited October 2016
    Slowly it starts to become annoying to read your complaints about the acronyms all the time! Most of them are just common when it's about TV etc. You might not have had much to do with this topic, but that's your "problem" and there are ways to help you out like google (= Lookup Table for you)! You aren't fully wrting out LibreELEC or DVB-T2 either, are you? No, you know what it means, but some don't know this either, still it doesn't prevent you from writing LibreELEC instead of Libre Embedded Linux Entertainment Center!

It's not necessary to know the full form of an acronym too. It's enough to know what is meant by it and in order to learn what it means, google helps more than the fully written equivalent, so please stop to waste your and others time with this pointless stuff, use google and remember the meaning for the next time.

Every blog, every forum, every manufacturer is using these common acronyms for a reason.
  • AnimaAnima Posts: 1,988WeTek Support Team
    Hello

Like a wrote before in a couple of posts,

Yes, we are aware that not everyone is familiarized with such acronyms, and yes we plan to change them so people can understand what they mean. But given the current situation of the WeTV, i would say the acronyms are very low in the priority list.

Still, don't expect to have LNB to be written in its full. If you own a satellite receiver, and want to configure it, you must know what LNB stands for.
    And the "word" is used so many times in the configuration menu, that replacing it with Low-noise block downconverter would be cumbersome.
    Same goes for HDMI, DVB-T/C/S, S/PDIF.

Best regards