LibreELEC WeTek Core (Krypton) v7.90.009

bohemi
bohemi
I could not wait any longer to try the Krypton version even if I had to work with an Alpha release.
So far I am pleasantly surprised!

The migration went fine, it looked like it got stuck during the migration knowing the progress bar after the install got stuck on the comment "addon migration in progress" but after a reboot via HSS it started up just fine and all settings are still fine. I run a combination of Emby for my libraries and DVBLink for live TV and both worked directly after the migration without any tweaking. So far no issues. First tests with video playback seams also fine.

Comments

• nilleiz
    nilleiz
    edited December 2016
    I think with v7.90.009 the stutter in 24p material has gone.
    I am not absolutely shure as I might have missed the stutter everytime, but it'd nice if someone could confirm this?

Btw. I love the new fonts (sizes) of the new Estuary Skin Generation.
  • Moy
    Moy
    Junior Member Posts: 4
    Hello, still stuttering for me, sorry.
    Also not a fan of the new skin, all elements are too big, for a small screen (tablet or phone) i guess is fine, but not for something bigger.
  • NedScott
    NedScott
    Junior Member Posts: 1,120
    Moy said:

Hello, still stuttering for me, sorry.
    Also not a fan of the new skin, all elements are too big, for a small screen (tablet or phone) i guess is fine, but not for something bigger.

The previous skin, Confluence, is still an option and has been fully updated for Kodi v17 features. Just go into Kodi -> Settings -> Interface -> Skin -> Sink (top line option) -> Get more -> Confluence

former WeTek Support team member, now just a friendly volunteer.
  • lukcinek
    lukcinek
    In new skin I don't like that there is no File manager in the bottom.
    Categories menu are to big.
    I like other changes but...
    Video is still stuttering :(
    Best regards
  • ozkaradag
    ozkaradag
    MOD Posts: 554
    Yeah, new skin or gui is very bad.
  • lukcinek
    lukcinek
    edited December 2016
    Hi
    After upgrade I have problem...I can't copy big files from my Windows 10 system to my external drive in Libreelec over ther air (SMB). It says that my disk is protected.
    I can copy every file to Win 10 PC from Libreelec but I can't copy from Win to Libre.
    Anyone has a solution?

UPDATE:

I thing this is Windows problem because I can copy all files (big ones too) from my android phone with no problem.
    But...In version 008 it works on Windows 10 also.

Best regards
  • Moy
    Moy
    Junior Member Posts: 4
    NedScott said:

The previous skin, Confluence, is still an option and has been fully updated for Kodi v17 features. Just go into Kodi -> Settings -> Interface -> Skin -> Sink (top line option) -> Get more -> Confluence
    I am using Aeon Nox Silvo mod at the moment, i downgraded to OpenElec because of the stuttering but i tried Estuary Mod and i liked better than v2.
  • nilleiz
    nilleiz
    Yeah the stuttering is still there.
    When will that be fixed... It's so annoying.

On wetek hub it does work...
  • lukcinek
    lukcinek
    At this moment there is one solution...Turn off "Adjust the refresh rate" option in Video properities. Video is not so buttery smooth but it doesn't stuttering periodically.
    Best regards
  • bohemi
    bohemi
    I don't have the stuttering problem at all, with which type of video content do you guys have problems with that? My video library exists out of H.264 MP4 or H.264 mpeg2 TS or MKV and so far it plays fine,. It's only not fully stable, sometimes when time skipping it's confused and I have to stop and start the video to let it play smoothly.

The skinning part is really different for everybody, I like it. It's much better then the old confluence in my opinion. This is the first time in the 5 years that I use Kodi that I will be using the original skin. :)
  • lukcinek
    lukcinek
    Hi bohemi
    Look closely...I think problem is when playing 23.976 video - every 42s (I think) there is some minor stuttering.
    Best regards
  • lukcinek
    lukcinek
    Hi
    Another problem on every alpha is weird freezing of Main menu when I don’t use my Wetek Core for about 2 days.
    Menu and all the system seems to work 2 frames per second:( I need to pull my wetec core AC to restart (after restart everything works fine for some time…)
    Any solution for my problem?
    I try updates and fresh install.
    Best regards and thank You for Your hard work
  • Thrall
    Thrall
    Have you tried any other stable version recently and see if this also happens?

Best Regards

• AnDas
    AnDas
    Junior Member Posts: 6
    This behavior is also happenig to me. If I don't use my core for a long period of time, everything slows down. I press a button and the response comes after 2-3 seconds. If I manage to restart system everything comes back to normal. It seams like a memory leak. I used to leave my core on all the time with no problem. Now I switch it off every time I don't use it, so I am avoiding the problem
  • lukcinek
    lukcinek
    Hi Thrall
    This situation exist from the firtst Libreelec Krypton Alpha build :(
    In 009 build I have another huge problem...I can't copy files (over 300 Mb) from Windows 10 to Wetek through SMB. Everything works fine when I try to copy files from Linux to Wetek Core.
    Also every alpha have this annoying problem with stuttering :(
    Best regards
  • codesnake
    codesnake
    Developer Posts: 567 edited December 2016
    We are currently trying to fix the stuttering problem. I hope closer to LE8 stable release we'll fix it.
  • lukcinek
    lukcinek
    Hi codesnake

Thx for good news.
    I have hope that hang of whole system I and AnDas mentioned couple post earlier is also in fix status.

Best regards
  • nilleiz
    nilleiz
    codesnake said:

We are currently trying to fix the stuttering problem. I hope closer to LE8 stable release we'll fix it.

Greate to get a statement about that progress! :)
    lukcinek said:

Hi codesnake

Thx for good news.
    I have hope that hang of whole system I and AnDas mentioned couple post earlier is also in fix status.

Best regards

Have the same issue too. But its not only that leaving the core on, there must be another factor.
    Sometimes the core is idle the whole weekend and on sunday I can use it straight away.
  • urosz
    urosz
    Junior Member Posts: 47
    Hi,

I think that this freezing problem began when default CPU governor was changed from hotplug to interactive. https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv/pull/740 I always forget to test if it will freeze if I change it back to hotplug.
  • lukcinek
    lukcinek
    Hi urosz
    How can I change governor to hotplug?
    Best regards