Play2 Audio/Video cuts out?

jpichie
jpichie
edited December 2016 in Android (WP2)
Good afternoon,
So I have been experiencing this issue ever since I got the box about a month ago.
If I walk right up to my TV the audio and video cuts out for a split second. My WeTek box is on a shelf right under my TV. My Play2 is the only thing experiencing this issue, as I have had difference PCs/Laptops connected to my TV without this issue.

I have tried different HDMI cables, as well as different HDMI ports on my TV. My play2 is also updated to weOS 1.4 already.
Has anyone experienced this before? It's really strange, and even happens when my dog/toddler walks near the TV.
Thanks

Comments

• NedScott
    NedScott
    Junior Member Posts: 987
    Does it seem like a command has been triggered, like pause? Sometimes light reflecting off of certain light bulbs are close enough to the IR signals used by some devices that it creates a "phantom" command.

former WeTek Support team member, now just a friendly volunteer.
  • jpichie
    jpichie
    Hello, sorry for taking forever to reply, I was on holidays.

I have seen the phantom commands, but I do not think that is what's happening.
    As it does not appear to be a pause unpause, its literally like the video and audio cuts out/breaks up.
    It is annoying as my it happens when my dog walks by it... lol

thanks
  • nl09242
    nl09242
    Hi, I just bought my WP2 a couple of weeks ago.
    I also found out that the device is very sensitive. Maybe it has to deal with the AC power adapter.
    Strange things happen when i use a light switch in my house. When I switch on the light of my front door my device gives a black screen for a moment in Kodi. Sometimes even the Audio is disappeared and i need to restart the whole device to get my audio back.

Is somebody else also noticed this issue?

Thnx
  • jpichie
    jpichie
    Hello, I would really like some feedback on this, possibly from the support team. I am not sure what else to do, but it is definitely not a phantom command.
  • nl09242
    nl09242
    nl09242 said:

Hi, I just bought my WP2 a couple of weeks ago.
    I also found out that the device is very sensitive. Maybe it has to deal with the AC power adapter.
    Strange things happen when i use a light switch in my house. When I switch on the light of my front door my device gives a black screen for a moment in Kodi. Sometimes even the Audio is disappeared and i need to restart the whole device to get my audio back.

Is somebody else also noticed this issue?

Thnx

I even tested it on LE and the same behavior, when switching the light, the box get on a black screen for a couple of seconds and after the audio is gone. Only a restart of the box will help.
  • Thrall
    Thrall
    @jpichie
    You said you are using v.14
    Could you update to the latest version 2.01, see if the problem persist ?

If you are using v1.4 go to your apps, select weupdate, select manual update. You will see the info about the v2.01

See if with this new update the device still performing those cuts
    Also would be possible for you to send a ts file so we can have a better insight into the problem ?

@nl09242 would be possible for you to test it with another Power Supply ?
    Play 2 uses a standard Ac adapter with 12v-1.5A, use one with these characteristics. I believe this could be more related to your electric setup than the wetek, i also have some equipment at home like sound systems that produce some noises and glitches triggered by the turning the light on and off, but this is related to my electricity setup would be possible to try this on another room?
    Best Regards

• Jester
    Jester
    Junior Member Posts: 19
    it looks like several issues reported might be due to the supplied power supply, i've changed the wetek provided PS with another one that outputs 2.0A and so far my issue has been fixed (still testing)

http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/29380/play-2-network-disconnecting-hardware-failure#latest
  • jpichie
    jpichie
    @Thrall Updated to 2.01 last week, same issues are occurring, I will try to grab a video and get it to you, any specific way you would like to receive it?
    Thanks,

Jason
  • Thrall
    Thrall
    @jpichie please record a video, and send the video directly to the direct support at www.wetek.com/contact

You can upload it though a Mega Account, or Dropbox.

Please do not send it attached on the email as the mail system can only allow small file-size per mail.

You can also send the link of this discussion to give information in advance.

Best Regards

• jpichie
    jpichie
    hey guys. sorry for the delay in replies, it's been difficult to actually record an example, as it seems to actually happen less in 2.01
    I have one now, and I am just looking to edit it, then ill upload.
    thanks for the help so far.
  • Thrall
    Thrall
    If you want you can upload it and send it directly to the direct support at http://wetek.com/contact

Best Regards

• jpichie
    jpichie
    Hey @Thrall
    I just had to cut the video shorter, support ticket already opened with all details.
    thanks for your help.
  • Thrall
    Thrall
    You are welcome.

hopefully the technical support would be possible to find a solution and see what is wrong.

Best Regards

• jpichie
    jpichie
    Hello @Thrall
    I just wanted to update something here while I wait for XACT to get back to me.
    So WeTek support sent me to XACT (Canadian reseller) as that is where I purchased it.

My wife and I noticed that what seems to be setting this issue off is static electricity.
    It is Winter here in Ontario, and static is an issue right now.
    My wife was sitting 15 feet away from the TV and Wetek Box, and when she moved her blanket on her legs, I could hear the static shocks, and as this was happening, the video/audio cut out like crazy. Once the shocks stopped, everything was fine.
    This also explains why when my dog gets up from her bed beside the TV, we hear some shocks and the issue starts happening.

It seems to be very sensitive to this, and hopefully it is just my box, and not a design flaw.
    Maybe you and some others could test this theory?
    Thanks
  • Thrall
    Thrall
    Well i believe on the mail you received by our team it gives electric hypothesis. is very common and normal that his happens if in fact you are facing such static energy issue.

But these problems may cause problems on your devices, not just wetek, all electric components may suffer with this, you should seek for a solution for that :)

Best Regards

• jpichie
    jpichie
    @Thrall
    I should seek a solution for Dry Weather in Canada?
    No other devices I use have issues with this, I feel like perhaps the WeTek is not properly shielded, this should really not be an issue.
    Is the device grounded in anyway? Does the power supply do this?
    If not, perhaps that's a solution.
  • Thrall
    Thrall
    No we did not meant this but i believe that a solution may exist.

No our power supply does not does this or any other power supply with such low voltage will do this.

Our device uses 12v-1.5A i believe you will not find any with this characteristics grounded.

have you tried to move your device to another place in the house just to see if the behavior is the same?

Best Regards