WeTek Community Forum
Hi WeTek Fan! :)

Please check our WeTek Closed BETA program: http://www.wetekforums.com/v/discussion/31382/call-for-closed-beta-on-wetek-play-2?new=1

Give me also the feedback over the new look on our community forum: http://www.wetekforums.com/v/discussion/31383/new-forum-look?new=1

Thanks
MasterChief117

LibreELEC 7.0 Wetek Remote Control Problem

mrwishmrwish Posts: 19WeTek Community Member
edited December 2016 in LibreELEC (WP2)
Hi, I'm having a strange problem with my Wetek Play2 and its original remote control.

I'm running the latest 7.0 LibreElec image on NAND, and sometimes when I turn the box on it does not recognise any command from the remote (the remote can't even wake it from standby). Then after a few minutes the remote suddenly starts to work properly.

This mainly happens after I have put the box into standby then turned it back on a while later, but also did the same today on the first power on after being plugged in.

The only thing I thought it might be is that the box is connected via HDMI to a CEC compatible amp/TV, but the 7.0 image doesn't seem to support CEC anyway.

I'm really confused as it's such a weird problem! Has anyone had anything similar?

Thanks

Comments

• gopalgopal Posts: 43WeTek Community Member
    can you control it using the kore remote?
  • ThrallThrall Posts: 2,786WeTek Support Team
    Be aware that installations in nand voids the warranty,

This problem is probably more related to that then the remote itself.

Reisntall android on NAND and see if the problem persist.

Best Regards

• mrwishmrwish Posts: 19WeTek Community Member
    edited December 2016
    Thrall said:

Be aware that installations in nand voids the warranty,

This problem is probably more related to that then the remote itself.

Reisntall android on NAND and see if the problem persist.

Best Regards

Hi,

Thanks - I've reinstalled WeOS to the NAND, and updated it to 2.0.1. Then I've installed LibreElec 7.0 on a microSD card.

I'm still having the remote control issue though. If I power down from LibreElec and go to standby, if I use the remote within a short time (maybe ~15 minutes?) to turn the box back on, this works fine. But if I leave it for a longer time, like a couple of hours, the Wetek Play2 doesn't respond to the remote, even to power back up from standby. Then after about 5 minutes or so of the box being on the remote will start working again.
  • RaybuntuRaybuntu Posts: 839WeTek Community Member, Developers
    I keep reading about issus beeing caused because the install to nand, I'm sorry but it's not true. I get that one can void your warranty and it's also legitimate to refuse support for that kind of install. Nevertheless I would never install to NAND because the dualboot with android with DRM and secure path is just too valuable to loose.
    @mrwish
    Well if in fact you can reproduce this on Android, you can contact the direct support www.wetek.com/contact

But please provide a video showing this behavior, and you can also link this thread to give information in advance.

Best Regards

I'm still using LibreELEC 8 (kszaq custom builds) on my Wetek Play 2, but now via a micro SD card in multiboot with the up to date Android version in NAND.

The remote control will still not turn on the WP2 after it's been in standby for a certain amount of time. I can turn the box on using the button on the front of it but not the remote. Once the box is on again (using the front button), the remote starts working again after about 5 minutes or so.

The only way I can control the WP2 when it first comes out of standby (until the remote starts working again after 5 minutes) is via a Kodi Remote control app on my phone/tablet, or by my TV's remote control via HDMI-CEC.

I've seen this Q+A by kszaq for S905 boxes like WP2:

Q: I cannot turn on my box by remote control.
    A: This is a bootloader issue that needs to be fixed by box manufacturer.

Is there any updated bootloader with this problem fixed? It's really annoying!
    Unfortunately, there isn't, but again, can you reproduce this problem using Android?
    If you put Android to standby for 5 minutes, does it start normally?

The last time I tried it I think it did start successfully in Android using the remote after being left for a while. But I will have another go and report back!
    Alright, let me know

Best Regards

It works perfectly in Android.

It also doesn't break ARC/HDMI-CEC when it's turned to standby from Android (instead of LibreELEC which in standby stops the TV remote from being able to turn the amp off).
    Which build are you using?
    You will probably need this to be fixed by libreelec.

Best Regards

This is not a Problem in LibreELEC but rather in uboot. Since we do not build uboot we can not fix anything here. The problem doesn't affect Android because it's going into suspend mode in Android but the issue exists in Android too if you turn off your device completely (AO uboot mode).
    edited August 12
    Raybuntu said:

This is not a Problem in LibreELEC but rather in uboot. Since we do not build uboot we can not fix anything here. The problem doesn't affect Android because it's going into suspend mode in Android but the issue exists in Android too if you turn off your device completely (AO uboot mode).

That's a real shame! Is there any LibreELEC build that supports suspend?

It shows up in some builds from time to time but seems to just crash Kodi (even though while suspend is on the HDMI-CEC works properly).

It'd be really great if they could fix uboot. :( On Wetek Play (V1) this all worked perfectly.
    I tried some changes in my community build but I found it very unreliable and I had no time looking into it again.
    As for the original issue: I remember talking to kwiboo about the issue (it was about Odroid C2 uboot) and it seemed like some function crashes while the device is waiting for CEC RX which jams the CEC channel to the TV.
    I can look into the issue but only on Odroid C2 because I can look at the code, compile and test it. Unfortunately I can't do the same for my WH or WP2. There are also some CEC features missing in WH and WP2 uboot which we have for the C2. For instance we can power on the device through CEC when the TV is turned on or the source is changed.