Multiple users and WeTV app

nuttom
nuttom
I just received my wetek play 2 yesterday, made the update and installed chrome, I also added 2 Google sync accounts (me and my wife) for the "owner" android user.
For YouTube, playstore and also Chrome we have to go in the app's settings to switch between our account, wasn't very friendly (many click even with keyboard/mouse).
So I decided to create 2 android accounts, one for me with only my Google sync account and also one for my wife.
Switching between users is now global and fast !

But the WeTV wasn't working on my wife account, channel scan doesn't work (frequency doesn't change and scan is "successfully done" after 2s...) the screen stay black...
The app was already open on my session, so I switch back to my session and try to Watch the tv, got 2~3 frames and a black screen and later a complete OS freeze !

looks like there is an access conflict to the hardware. My suggestion is to release the hardware (maybe closing WeTV is enough, but will be nice if done automatically) when switching users.

I read somewhere someone who say that account on TV isn't relevant, I didn’t agree because we want to customize the home screen, the tv channels, settings, etc...

Comments

• Thrall
    Thrall
    edited January 6
    We can confirm this, wetv does not work when you change the user.

Our team is aware of this and working to find the problem and solve this.

Best Regards

• nuttom
    nuttom
    Glad to read that ! Thanks for the answer, I hope you will find a solution !
  • Thrall
    Thrall
    You are welcome.

Our team will attempt to find a solution for this.

Best Regards

• nuttom
    nuttom
    edited January 9
    KODI DVB-T add-on are based on client-server setup, a backend is running on the system side, tv app are only client connecting on backend (server). It's only a suggestion...

Is there a way to help or the source code is closed (WeTV app)?