I have some questions

tdelgado
tdelgado
Hello.

I'll probably buy a Wetek Play 2 but I have some questions I'd like to be answered before I buy it.

My goal is to replace a Sat Enigma2 box. Will Wetek Play 2 android be up to the challenge? I'm willing to give up the "sat box feel" in order to have a fully functional kodi and media center in the same equipment. I know WeTV is not the best but will it be a good choice to watching TV as primary function? I know emulation of card is needed but I'm not going to discuss that as Wetek doesn't officially supports it.

Is it possible to make WeTV app open and play automatically after booting in order to have a more TV box like feel?

Thanks.

Comments

• Dandroid
    Dandroid
    edited January 10
    Yes you can boot straight into wetv or any app.

I personally don't watch much live TV, on demand and catch-up are my main use for tv (kodi and other apps). But it works well for watching live tv and does all I need it to. I believe card sharing does work, but I don't use it.

I'm not sure about the recording, it works, but not really used it enough to know if it's reliable, but i do know the EPG is really poor for UK users, you only get now and next, which as far as I can tell makes scheduling recordings impossible?

The box runs really well, best android box I've had, and I like the interface of the classic launcher. I would recommend it, I've had no issues with it.
  • kcmtno
    kcmtno
    hi there, i can watch netflix free or have to pay for subcription with the weplay2. thank.

i just buy this from bestbuy today.
  • tdelgado
    tdelgado
    Thanks Dandroid! Recording isn't really a problem for me but I would like confirmation from anybody just to be sure.

kcmtno, of course you need a subscription to watch netflix. There's no such thing as "netflix free". Wetek Play 2 is just a media/tv player.
  • Thrall
    Thrall
    edited January 10
    kcmtno said:

hi there, i can watch netflix free or have to pay for subcription with the weplay2. thank.

i just buy this from bestbuy today.

you need to use your payed account. .

Best Regards

• tdelgado
    tdelgado
    @Thrall can you confirm the issue with EPG only showing now and next and so limiting the recording to current and next show? Thanks
  • Thrall
    Thrall
    edited January 11
    Yes i can confirm this happens with some services, as we are limited to the provided signal we receive from the provider.

But our team is currently working intensively on this matter, to implement a new way to have EPG information.

Best Regards

• Dandroid
    Dandroid
    Good to hear they are going to try and sort the EPG. Needs to be from data stream.
  • tdelgado
    tdelgado
    I've been researching and I don't think I'm really into Wetek Play 2. It's good to be able to have a media center with sat channels but it's not really the most practical think for the family to use. Since it comes with a tuner I suggest Wetek support it more like integrate a proper **** emulator otherwise it's just a "waste of tuners".

I think I will buy a Wetek when it has proper enigma2 support or a very good sat integration on android. Maybe they should make an enigma2 dedicated box or a good multiboot enigma2/android. That would be awesome.

I guess I'll stick with an enigma2 box and a separate media center because currently no company has made a good job making a 2in1.
  • Thrall
    Thrall
    tdelgado said:

I think I will buy a Wetek when it has proper enigma2 support or a very good sat integration on android. Maybe they should make an enigma2 dedicated box or a good multiboot enigma2/android. That would be awesome.

Enigma already exist for wetek play 2, although we do not give support, some members of the community are already using enigma2 for wetek play 2.

Best Regards

• tdelgado
    tdelgado
    That's nice for the people who had already bought the Play 2 but someone who's yet to buy a receiver I think it's preferable a dedicated enigma2 with lower specs but more stable than a good specs Play 2 but with some (maybe a lot) of bugs and no guarantee that someone is going to work on it. I like Wetek as a brand so I'd love to see an Enigma2 dedicated Wetek. When and if that happens I'll buy one without any doubts.
  • kesonja
    kesonja
    When i go to 1 channel with no signal then i dont have to other channels who have signal and signal is 0 and quality 0 and only what i can do is exit from WE Play,is this bug or what is this?
  • newclaud
    newclaud
    Thrall said:

Yes i can confirm this happens with some services, as we are limited to the provided signal we receive from the provider.

But our team is currently working intensively on this matter, to implement a new way to have EPG information.

Best Regards

Really? Team is working to implement a new way to have EPG info in order to bypass now and next carrier limitation?