Is the internet connection speed (Cable/Ethernet Gigabit) on the WeTek Core somehow limited?

matarroano
matarroano
edited January 11 in Android (Core)
Hi everyone!

So, I have a 200Mbps internet connection and I can't get anything more than 50Mbps on the WeTek Core, connected through a 1 meter CAT6 Ethernet cable, directly to the Ethernet Gigabit port of my Technicolor TG784n v3 router.

I can get a laptop, connected to the same Ethernet Gigabit port and router, to go 180+Mbps, so... I know the speed "is there". Just not available on the WeTek Core.

I'm measuring the speed on the WeTek Core with the FAST Speed Test (Powered by Netflix) app, I downloaded on the Google Play...

I guess this lack of speed I get through the WeTek is preventing me to enjoy 4K on Netflix, the first reason I bough this make/model in the first place. And other HD content, too... I'm extremely disappointed.

Am I missing something? Some configurations? How can I solve this? Any "tweakage" I can do to solve this problem?? Let me know!

Thanks in advance!

Greetings,

Dan

Comments

• MasterChief117
    MasterChief117
    Administrator Posts: 3,627

Hi everyone!

So, I have a 200Mbps internet connection and I can't get anything more than 50Mbps on the WeTek Core, connected through a 1 meter CAT6 Ethernet cable, directly to the Ethernet Gigabit port of my Technicolor TG784n v3 router.

I can get a laptop, connected to the same Ethernet Gigabit port and router, to go 180+Mbps, so... I know the speed "is there". Just not available on the WeTek Core.

I'm measuring the speed on the WeTek Core with the FAST Speed Test (Powered by Netflix) app, I downloaded on the Google Play...

I guess this lack of speed I get through the WeTek is preventing me to enjoy 4K on Netflix, the first reason I bough this make/model in the first place. And other HD content, too... I'm extremely disappointed.

Am I missing something? Some configurations? How can I solve this? Any "tweakage" I can do to solve this problem?? Let me know!

Thanks in advance!

Greetings,

Dan

Hi

My colleagues @Anima and @Thrall will take a look on this.

But none of our devices have 4K Netflix playback... Only Full HD...

Best regards

• Thrall
    Thrall
    Would be possible for you to provide me a screen shot with tome speed tests?

Is your cable in good conditions?

Also the netflix will stop scaling in 1080p, 4k is not possible due Android Limitation as my colleague M.Chief said.

Which resolution is you achieving?

Best Regards