remote control will not work with Wetek Play

degsy
degsy
I have the remote that came with the device and also another remote I bought of ebay as the stock remote has never worked properly.
Neither remotes now register at all with the wetek play.
I have followed wetek's instructions of removing the dongle and plugging in to a PC> that did not work and neither remote worked on the laptop.
I've tried the dongle in every usb port on the device and still nothing.
Has anyone got any suggestions as to what i can try next?
sending this back to Portugal will not be cheap so i want to try everything I can before I do that.
Tagged:

Comments

• NedScott
    NedScott
    Junior Member Posts: 1,098
    Does a normal USB keyboard work at all? Directional keys/enter should give some sign of life. If not, that might indicate a bigger issue.

former WeTek Support team member, now just a friendly volunteer.
  • degsy
    degsy
    NedScott said:

Does a normal USB keyboard work at all? Directional keys/enter should give some sign of life. If not, that might indicate a bigger issue.

thanks @NedScott, I didnt think of that. Ill try it.
    Wetek engineer also suggested shutting down everything that might have an rf receiver in it and then try. maybe its attaching to another device.
    fingers crossed...
  • degsy
    degsy
    well, I've disconnected everything I can think of and the remote is still not working. the power button works and turns the Wetek play on and off but no other button works.
    I've connected a USB keyboard and that works fine.
    I've tried to pair the remote dozens of times and it doesn't work. it flashes and then stops flashing, I don't know if that means that its pairing with "something" other than the wetek.
    Will the pulse 8 CEC adaptor stop the remote from working? my tv remote works (until I turn my tv to another input or turn it off at which point I have to reboot the wetek) but it does kind of work.
    Im not so far very impressed with the wetek play and its close to being thrown in the bin.
  • NedScott
    NedScott
    Junior Member Posts: 1,098
    CEC shouldn't cause an issue. You say that even your new remote has problems, correct? Maybe the power supply isn't providing enough power to the USB bus, and thus to the RF dongles. That would be my best guess.

former WeTek Support team member, now just a friendly volunteer.