Fix for TVheadend issues in the WeTek Play 2 DVB driver
Fix for interactive governor causing slowdown issues on the WeTek Core
Fix for missing Bluetooth “connect and trust” option when pairing
Fix for missing ir-keytable streamzap support after recent changes
Updates to refine lirc repeat timing changes
Update WeTek Play 2 remote keymap to expose more buttons
Updates to linux-amlogic 3.10 (arm) and 3.14 (aarch64) kernels
Add hexdump busybox applet needed for Odroid_C2 overclocking

I am going to try it out tonight and report my experience over the next days.

Comments

• WhoAmI
    WhoAmI
    I for one look forward to hearing your assessments. Not willing to try it out just yet but eager to hear how others get on first. Good luck.
  • bohemi
    bohemi
    So far it looks to be stable, I only see my wired network connection needs more buffering while running live TV streams from a local server (DVB Link) but I would say that needs more testing. At least so far not the issues I had with the Beta release.
  • jamesdm
    jamesdm
    The slow gui after a time still present.
  • Junoxe
    Junoxe
    Junior Member Posts: 107
    Still sound distortions over USB audio in this version.
  • nilleiz
    nilleiz
    For me the live tv seems to have less problems with playing. Also HW acceleration does work with h.264 live tv channels now, what did not work before (for me at least).
    The seeking (rw, ff) and jumping in videos does work much better than before in my opinion.
    I'll report back when I experience more
  • Wink_Dinkerson
    Wink_Dinkerson
    edited February 23
    Installed LEv8 yesterday and watching a movie via attached usb3 and NAS was smooth.
    FF/RW if used more than a few times (as in searching for a scene) caused movie/gui to freeze.
    Audio problems when listening to music (popping and poor quality) via usb3 and NAS.

I upgraded and tested on two Cores. Both were upgraded via GUI then reinstalled "clean" via mSD card. Unfortunately the problems occurred in both the upgraded and clean installs.
  • nilleiz
    nilleiz
    I have to take back what I said about live tv buffering. Sadly I indeed have problems with playback stopping to buffer now and then.
    rewinding 10 seconds with timeshift enabled fixes the problem. buffer seems to be too small for livetv.
  • zarac
    zarac
    Installed clean LE8 on SD because Android KODI Krypton dropped hw acceleration for our device. Now HDMI-CEC (which worked perfectly in Android) randomly starts and stops. Also, KODI GUI comes to a crawl after some time - only reboot helps.
  • lukcinek
    lukcinek
    For me...
    New release works like a charm!
    Best regards to all the crew
  • WhoAmI
    WhoAmI
    So far so good for me also. Fresh sd card install (being cautious in case something didn't work and I had need to revert to previous version) and tested using a library of my own purchased dvd movies copied to hard disk drive. I changed skin to Xonfluence (a mod of Confluence) as I prefer the options it gives to customise my menus etc over what Estuary offers (or doesn't offer). I've used the new update for streaming some tv and up to now can report no issues. Will update further if I notice any downsides but at this moment its a big thumbs up from me.
  • Wink_Dinkerson
    Wink_Dinkerson
    edited February 24
    @lukcinek & @WhoAmI
    I attempted to do some of the "fixes" mentioned throughout the previous versions. One of the "things to try" was to change the skin. While the Cores were running (LE v8) I was never able to keep the Cores running long enough (stable) to locate a better skin. I attempted to change from Estuary to Confluence but the skin change would not take effect.
    Another issue using v8 was gui would freeze then Core would reboot itself. Hoping it had somehow updated but the Cores' GUI would eventually freeze or become painfully slow.
    Reinstalled LE v7.0.3 which is still working for my Cores.

• WhoAmI
    WhoAmI
    I had no problems going through and testing different skins. I have however went back to 7.0.3 because as time went on the Core gui reduced to a snails pace.

I honestly don't see why people want to jump so quickly for Krypton when Jarvis is working so well and offers just about all that Krypton does.

I have one question. On all other versions of Libreelec (or Kodi itself) when playing back a video file I was able to press 'ok' on my keyboard and bring up the video controls menu (ffw/rew/play etc). This also included the options to change audio, video settings (brightness and contrast etc), subtitles, and bookmarks. How do I get to that screen now (if it exists)?. As it stands I now can't gain access to the 'stop' button for instance and have to press 'back' to get out of a file. Also, if I play half of a video file and back out, when I press play from the video file menu again I don't get an option to resume (this also worked in previous versions).

I'm currently not as impressed with this version as I initially was.
  • NedScott
    NedScott
    Junior Member Posts: 1,034
    WhoAmI said:

I had no problems going through and testing different skins. I have however went back to 7.0.3 because as time went on the Core gui reduced to a snails pace.

I honestly don't see why people want to jump so quickly for Krypton when Jarvis is working so well and offers just about all that Krypton does.

I have one question. On all other versions of Libreelec (or Kodi itself) when playing back a video file I was able to press 'ok' on my keyboard and bring up the video controls menu (ffw/rew/play etc). This also included the options to change audio, video settings (brightness and contrast etc), subtitles, and bookmarks. How do I get to that screen now (if it exists)?. As it stands I now can't gain access to the 'stop' button for instance and have to press 'back' to get out of a file. Also, if I play half of a video file and back out, when I press play from the video file menu again I don't get an option to resume (this also worked in previous versions).

I'm currently not as impressed with this version as I initially was.

Long-press OK for the OSD controls. You can also long-press left and right for rr/ww, long-press up/down for change language and subtitles, and "back" should default to "stop" (long-press back will go back to menu without stopping video).

I'm not sure why resume isn't working. That should still be the same, so it might be a bug or something strange going on.

former WeTek Support team member, now just a friendly volunteer.
  • WhoAmI
    WhoAmI
    @NedScott
    1st off I wish to retract a statement I made above ("I honestly don't see why people want to jump so quickly for Krypton when Jarvis is working so well and offers just about all that Krypton does").

Your response to my playback and OSD issues have solved it for me. It was so simple in the end. The long press of the 'ok' button does work as you correctly said it would.

You said the 'resume' feature may be a bug? I honestly can't say now as I've tested the feature this morning and its now working. I'm now being asked whether to begin at start or to resume partially watched files. The only thing I can think of is that pressing 'back' instead of using the OSD to press 'stop' (which I prefer anyway) could make that behaviour different.

Thank you Ned. You now have me back in the LE8.0.0 camp. So far for me everything working very well now you've helped me locate the OSD controls.
  • Mr_Scoops
    Mr_Scoops
    I think 8.0 might actually work fine with 23.976 stuff?

I have had two hard crashes with a 720p 23.81 file on 8.0. I have no idea how common that framerate is. I only watch one reality show (Top Chef) and that's the framerate it seems to come in. I already sent some logs to codesnake.

I'm just finally glad that I can fast-forward and rewind without having to stop the file and restart and also have (I think/hope) smooth 23.976 playback. If it only crashes on 23.81 stuff, I'll settle for that at this point.

• Wink_Dinkerson
    Wink_Dinkerson
    edited February 25
    After reading that others are having positive results with LE v8 I gave my Core another chance.
    I did a factory reset on my Core and I did a clean install of LE today Install seemed to be up & working. I was able to change skins, install/delete (skins & add-ons), and Core is "playing nice" with Core :)
    I thought that all was well so I did same with my other Core (factory reset etc). Unfortunately I experienced the same problems as earlier with the Core (frozen or slowing to a crawl). For now I will leave this Core on 7.0.3.
    My Cores are working & that is really all that matters. B)

@WhoAmI
    "I honestly don't see why people want to jump so quickly for Krypton when Jarvis is working so well and offers just about all that Krypton does."
    Have you found an answer to your question? I am curious what changes/differences Core users of LE v8 have found compared to older LE versions?
    I jumped to the latest version to "see" what was new and see what improvements had been made. I was a user of OpenElec for years, and LibreElec has become the "replacement" of OE.

• WhoAmI
    WhoAmI
    @Wink_Dinkerson
    I have already retracted that quote in a follow up post from earlier today. I also have jumped ship recently from OE to LE.
    @NedScott gave me a response to my queries re the playback controls and OSD. I've got it working now and very pleased with the outcome. To date I can now say that everything I've thrown at LE8.0.0 on the Core has performed exactly as it did on Libreelec Jarvis.
  • Wink_Dinkerson
    Wink_Dinkerson
    edited February 26
    Questions regarding LE settings in v8:
    Do you have hw acceleration Active or Off?
    I currently have my hw set to Off & with limited viewing/testing there seems to be little effect to quality with setting to Off.

My question is whether or not there is a preferred setting, since there was such a drama with the kodi/amlogic support being removed, and the problems experienced during the beta testing of the latest LE?
    FYI -
    My set ups are LE (clean install mSD), HDMI (pass through), hardwired (wifi off), attached USB3 media. This setup has served my needs and has worked well the past.

TIA-

• jamesdm
    jamesdm

Questions regarding LE settings in v8:
    Do you have hw acceleration Active or Off?
    I currently have my hw set to Off & with limited viewing/testing there seems to be little effect to quality with setting to Off.

My question is whether or not there is a preferred setting, since there was such a drama with the kodi/amlogic support being removed, and the problems experienced during the beta testing of the latest LE?
    FYI -
    My set ups are LE (clean install mSD), HDMI (pass through), hardwired (wifi off), attached USB3 media. This setup has served my needs and has worked well the past.

TIA-

Hw acceleration must be on to get the best quality posible.
    There's no point to disable that option.
  • Wink_Dinkerson
    Wink_Dinkerson
    edited February 27
    I will activate hw acceleration (again), Thank You!