WeTek Community Forum
Hi WeTek Fan! :)

Please check our WeTek Closed BETA program: http://www.wetekforums.com/v/discussion/31382/call-for-closed-beta-on-wetek-play-2?new=1

Give me also the feedback over the new look on our community forum: http://www.wetekforums.com/v/discussion/31383/new-forum-look?new=1

Thanks
MasterChief117

OpenPLI and Play2

sempresempre Posts: 2WeTek Community Member
Hello,

I have questioned OpenPLI team about their support to Play2 and they respond "We didn't get a request to support this receiver".
Is supposed WETEK support team request this kind of support?

OpenATV already has a working image to Play2, that i have already tested, and is not bad... (I prefer OpenPLI images).

Thanks.

Comments

• ZiegenmelkerZiegenmelker Posts: 47WeTek Community Member
    I think, the Wetekteam don't want's to support Enigma 2. To watch comfortable TV is Enigma the Best. With Open- or Libreelec is it not userfriendly. WeTv is also Bad... That's my Opinion.
  • peufemiapeufemia Posts: 18WeTek Community Member
    Waiting for WETEK support team.....!
    If exist support for play, why not for play2?
  • MasterChief117MasterChief117 Posts: 3,675Administrator - WeTek Community Manager
    I've stated a long time ago something...

http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/40247/#Comment_40247

Best regards

• yuramailyuramail Posts: 11WeTek Community Member
    edited March 25
    Hi MasterChief117,

Looks like all that bullshit about blaming Amlogic's poor support, lack of drivers for chipset, "Wetek doesn't own Amlogic" , "Unless Amlogic changes something" resumes to one simple thing:

WETEK NEVER ASSUMED AT THE CLEAR WAY (NEITHER AT THE ONLINE SHOP, NO AT PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS) THAT IT DOES'T INTEND TO SUPPORT(PAY) INDEPENDENT GROUPS (OPENATV PLI ETC) FOR EMIGMA PORT TO WP2.
    EARLY ADOPTERS BOUGHT WP2 REASONABLY BELIEVING THAT E2 SUPPORT WILL BE PROVIDED, LIKE IT DID FOR WETEK.
    NOW, THEY CALL SOMETHING LIKE THIS A FRAUD.
    MOST OF THE CUSTOMERS FEELING IS THAT WETEK SHOULD ASSUM AND PAY FOR E2 PORT FOR WP2.
    FOR THE FUTURE MODELS IT IS UP TO WETEK TO DECIDE WHETHER IT INTENDS TO SUPPORT E2 AND ADVICE POTENTIAL BUYERS AT THE EXPLICIT WAY BEFORE THE PURCHASE.
  • AmmarAmmar Posts: 14WeTek Community Member
    Guys, there is no perfect product! and this how companies can survive!
    It is my opinion, that WETEK should request E2 stable port for WP2 to one of the independente groups, even without advertising and recognising it, neither giving official support. It will be up to final users of WP2 either to use it or not.
    It looks like to be a reasonable compromise, letting WP2 to be the last model with +/- smoothless transition to fully Android/Linux setbox, without E2.

I believe only this action may re-establish WETEK already f..cked-up reputation.

I'm convinced that most of the earlier(and most loyal) buyers are sharing the same opinion.
  • boukheznaboukhezna Posts: 59WeTek Community Member
    Yes. I bought it on the basis that I was running e2 in it

I was disappointed
  • VinnieVinnie Posts: 24WeTek Community Member
    I have two WP1's and a WP2, guess which ones I use all the time??

About time they made it easy for an E2 group to develop a stable image with Kodi built in for the WP2, don't know what they are waiting for, their reputation and sales would jump!!

I check this site most days hoping and leave disappointed, but wish there was similar hardware with E2 and Kodi and I'd be off like sh*t of a shovel....

I bought the WP2 as upgrade, and because of the buggy software its definitely a downgrade, but with potential that in all this time since release has not been achieved.
  • KunftKunft Posts: 25WeTek Community Member
    yuramail said:

Hi MasterChief117,

Looks like all that bullshit about blaming Amlogic's poor support, lack of drivers for chipset, "Wetek doesn't own Amlogic" , "Unless Amlogic changes something" resumes to one simple thing:

WETEK NEVER ASSUMED AT THE CLEAR WAY (NEITHER AT THE ONLINE SHOP, NO AT PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS) THAT IT DOES'T INTEND TO SUPPORT(PAY) INDEPENDENT GROUPS (OPENATV PLI ETC) FOR EMIGMA PORT TO WP2.
    EARLY ADOPTERS BOUGHT WP2 REASONABLY BELIEVING THAT E2 SUPPORT WILL BE PROVIDED, LIKE IT DID FOR WETEK.
    MOST OF THE CUSTOMERS FEELING IS THAT WETEK SHOULD ASSUM AND PAY FOR E2 PORT FOR WP2.
    FOR THE FUTURE MODELS IT IS UP TO WETEK TO DECIDE WHETHER IT INTENDS TO SUPPORT E2 AND ADVICE POTENTIAL BUYERS AT THE EXPLICIT WAY BEFORE THE PURCHASE.
    THIS IS THE BIGGEST LOOL I've seen on my life!

So...

Every company on their product description has to state that they don't intend to support, IOS; Android;Windows;MacOS; Ubuntu; (...) Bla bla bla?

Wetek mentions on all the way that their box is ANDROID!

If they don't want to support E2, that's up to them!

I will mail Microsoft, because i've bought a Surface 4 thinking that they will have MacOS!
    BECAUSE THEY NEVER STATED ON THEIR WEBSITE THAT IT'S ONLY WINDOWS!
  • narsisnarsis Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
    Hi I need to img to OpenPLI and Play2

wetekplay2
    Kunft said:

yuramail said:

Hi MasterChief117,

THIS IS THE BIGGEST LOOL I've seen on my life!

So...

Every company on their product description has to state that they don't intend to support, IOS; Android;Windows;MacOS; Ubuntu; (...) Bla bla bla?

Wetek mentions on all the way that their box is ANDROID!

If they don't want to support E2, that's up to them!

I will mail Microsoft, because i've bought a Surface 4 thinking that they will have MacOS!
    BECAUSE THEY NEVER STATED ON THEIR WEBSITE THAT IT'S ONLY WINDOWS!
    Mate, to be honest you didn't ever read carefully what I have written.

BTW, haven't Wetek metioned on description of W1 that it is ANDROID, did they stay on description of the product that it will get E2? Just answer those 2 question before post your shitstorm.

WILL REPEAT - ANY and EVERY earlier buyers of W2 reasonably assumed that W2 will get E2, like it happend to W1. And now that customers feels ripped...

• samkhpsamkhp Posts: 17WeTek Community Member
    we love E2 images like openpli mostly user like openpli but i dont know they wetek team not support for us today i am reopen my vusolo 4k and enjoying every thing last night by mistaking updating 6.0,1 and there have lots of issue bugs beta version they release i hope they release fix's update for us

regards
  • sempresempre Posts: 2WeTek Community Member
    This is really great...

Wetek state that is only focus on Android and will not do anything related to enigma2 and then, after a LONG LONG time of development, wetek release an update of android to v3.1 that is, at least, a shame to be released. Full of bugs and problems and users even cant rollback this update.

Wetek developers should try to talk with amlogic developers to create working enigma2 drivers instead of spending time to create this shitty android updates.
  • cerkeiracerkeira Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
    I totally agree, this update 3.1 it's a big flop
  • ThrallThrall Posts: 2,786WeTek Support Team
    edited June 19
    sempre said:

This is really great...

Wetek state that is only focus on Android and will not do anything related to enigma2 and then, after a LONG LONG time of development, wetek release an update of android to v3.1 that is, at least, a shame to be released. Full of bugs and problems and users even cant rollback this update.

Wetek developers should try to talk with amlogic developers to create working enigma2 drivers instead of spending time to create this shitty android updates.
    Again,
    Android is our main focus
    Our team is currently working on fixes and we are also trying to find a way to rollback to the previous android version without damage your device.

Best Regards