WeTek Community Forum
Hi WeTek Fan! :)

Please check our WeTek Closed BETA program: http://www.wetekforums.com/v/discussion/31382/call-for-closed-beta-on-wetek-play-2?new=1

Give me also the feedback over the new look on our community forum: http://www.wetekforums.com/v/discussion/31383/new-forum-look?new=1

Thanks
MasterChief117

Libreelec 8.0.1 (MR)

WhoAmIWhoAmI Posts: 118WeTek Community Member
Just wondering if it would be wise to upgrade to this on the Core? https://libreelec.tv/2017/03/libreelec-krypton-v8-0-1-mr/ You can choose a version for the Core from the drop down menu.

I may be missing something on those pages but I see no mention of the Core governer being changed to 'hotplug'.

Since manually changing (following some excellent advice in this forum) from 'ondemand' to 'hotplug' I've had ZERO issues in LE8.0.0 and don't want to risk updating if there hasn't been an 'official' fix.

Comments

• jamesdmjamesdm Posts: 20WeTek Community Member
    In this new version the problems that we have in the lastest builds are present.
    The gui still freeze and the backforward still freeze.
  • WhoAmIWhoAmI Posts: 118WeTek Community Member
    So no work done on the Core issues with this version. Disappointing!!! Will stick with 8.0.0 and the 'hotplug' workaround.
  • warwickmmwarwickmm Posts: 10WeTek Community Member
    I created a build based on 8.0.1 that should set the default governor to "hotplug". I would appreciate it if people can test it out and verify two things:

1. The default governor is actually set to "hotplug". To do so, you should first remove any entries in the autostart.sh script that may be changing the governor.
    2. The UI freezing issues no longer occur.

If we can get several people to verify that this build works, I can create a pull request to try and get the changes into the main build. With some luck, we can finally get this issue resolved.

SD card image
    tar file
  • WhoAmIWhoAmI Posts: 118WeTek Community Member
    I'm willing to test it out but it may be a day or two before I get around to it. I'll keep you all posted once I start testing.
  • PC_ArcadePC_Arcade Posts: 7WeTek Community Member
    edited April 4
    I've tested the fix in 8.0.1 by applying the governor change to autostart.sh and so far it's working fine
  • MilkadoMilkado Posts: 42WeTek Community Member
    edited April 7
    Does any one have problems with this version?. I can't use it because of continous micro stutters when I see 23,976 files. It doesn't happen with Jarvis version of Libreelec.
    I'm using toslink audio output. And of course, "Adjust disply refresh rate" is marked on start/stop (2 seconds and even 5 seconds to test).
    Maybe because those micro stutters are more noticiable with a projector? I'm using a Sony HW55.
    Edited to note that Wetek Core firmware is up to date.
  • HamboHambo Posts: 7WeTek Community Member
    I have installed the SD-Card image provided by warwickmm.
    Initial installation seems to go well. However if I reboot the Core I'm getting the message "File system corruption has been detected." After a 120 seconds timeout I got a lot of messages "Free blocks count wrong for group.....". After this the core is rebooted and I get into the config screen of kodi as it is a clean install, meaning all my previous made settings are gone.

Any idea?
    edited April 8
    @Hambo, it seems the filesystem on your SD card may have gotten corrupted. Do you have another SD card that you can try? Alternatively, you can try to repair the fileystem:

http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/26818/solved-file-system-corruption-has-been-detected
    The change to use the "hotplug" governor by default is now in the main codebase. The next release shouldn't need any manual intervention.
  • BarryBarry Posts: 26WeTek Community Member
    I'm getting some serious stutter /choppy playback with 1080p 5.1 video. Curious if this is a known issue?
  • codesnakecodesnake Posts: 626WeTek Community Member, Developers
    @Barry More details please. Also Kodi log would be much appreciated.
    edited April 12
    Ok, sorry for delay. First time logging, please advise if this is incorrect.
    I did a fresh install of Libreelec 8.0.1 from this thread, previously i have been using openelec 7.0.1 which would play this file type without issue.
    I tried easy advanced settings to make adjustments to buffer/read/cache settings but this had no affect so i disabled it.I have adjusted frame rates from 60 to 50 then back to 60 as it didn't help.

I can stream this via wifi to my android device through a file manager using vlc as media player and playback is smooth.

My wetek core is connected via ethernet.

Log File
    https://paste.ee/p/wNfYR

Playback in this case starts at line 1248 of log file.
    Please advise if there is any info missing which may help, i appreciate the help.
    Cheers.
    @Barry Do you have the "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" option enabled?
    Yes, it is set to always.
    edited April 12
    Can you please send me a kernel log right just after you start playback. Just execute the following via SSH and send me the link:
    dmesg | pastebinit
    Ok, dumb question. I've logged in via ssh, am I typing in 'dmesg/pastebinit' then enter.
    OK, sorted, i think.

https://paste.ee/p/ex2GO

Thanks codesnake
    What TV/monitor do you use? Can you please post the output of the following command:
    cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/disp_cap

480i
    480i_rpt
    480p
    480p_rpt
    576i
    576i_rpt
    576p
    576p_rpt
    720p
    1080i*
    1080p
    720p50hz
    1080i50hz
    1080p50hz
    It seems your TV/monitor doesn't support 1080p24hz mode that is essential to get stutter-free playback of 23.976 fps content most movies are filmed in. For example here's disp_cap output from my TV:

480i
    480p
    576i
    576p
    720p
    1080i
    1080p
    720p50hz
    1080i50hz
    1080p50hz*
    1080p24hz

What is model of your TV/monitor?