How best to update LibreELEC?

Jan
Jan
Hi,

I have currently installed an RB-LibreELEC version on my hub, and I am very pleased with it (I also very much like the dual-boot property that it remembers what OS you ran last and defaults to that version!).

There are newer versions of LibreELEC available and I wonder how to best update to the latest version: a complete new install using the USB-SD creator and having to redo all configurations, or is it possible to do an easier upgrade that keeps all configuration values of Kodi?

Looking forward to your response.

Regards, Jan

Comments

• codesnake
    codesnake
    Developer Posts: 489
    You can update using a TAR update file for WeTek Hub. You can read how to do that here: https://wiki.libreelec.tv/index.php?title=HOW_TO:Update_LibreELEC#Updating_LibreELEC_using_the_Samba_shares
  • Jan
    Jan
    Is this a procedure that can also be used to update Raybuntu's LibreELEC version (I currently have 'beta2b' version) instead of the versions on the LibreELEC webpage?
  • codesnake
    codesnake
    Developer Posts: 489
    That update method should be applicable to any version, both official and unofficial. But it is better to ask in corresponding thread. Just make sure to make a backup before update, and you will be on the safe side if something will go wrong.
  • Raybuntu
    Raybuntu
    Jan said:

Is this a procedure that can also be used to update Raybuntu's LibreELEC version (I currently have 'beta2b' version) instead of the versions on the LibreELEC webpage?

Yes it is. If you have questions regarding my builds please post it in my Thread. I provide support over there and I get an email notification since I'm not able to browse this forum all the time.
  • Jan
    Jan
    updating via samba went smooth. I guess that after updating the .tar file must be removed from the 'update' directory? Otherwise at the next boot it may start the update all over again!
  • Raybuntu
    Raybuntu
    NO the update process removes the tar.