WeTek Community Forum
Hi WeTek Fan! :)

Please check our WeTek Closed BETA program: http://www.wetekforums.com/v/discussion/31382/call-for-closed-beta-on-wetek-play-2?new=1

Thanks
MasterChief117

Dolby Digital 5.1 on NETFLIX

mc4mc4 Posts: 14WeTek Community Member
edited April 16 in Android (WP2)
Hi, bought a Wetek Play 2 a few days ago and I managed to get DD 5.1 on Kodi 17 through optical S/PDIF and it works great but in Netflix HD I can only get stereo 2.0 audio.
Is there any configuration to get DD 5.1and DTS with Netflix or it only can works with stereo 2.0?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• DandroidDandroid Posts: 624WeTek Community Member
    You need the "coming soon" marshmallow update
  • mc4mc4 Posts: 14WeTek Community Member
    So it isn't my fault, the WP2 can't pass through the DD5.1 on Netflix. I'll wait for the upgrade.
    Thanks
  • ricardopvzricardopvz Posts: 458Developers
    You can also try my ROM. It suports Netflix with 5.1 audio with HDMI passthrough or SPDIF

You can also try my ROM. It suports Netflix with 5.1 audio with HDMI passthrough or SPDIF

ricardopvz thanks for your input but maybe I wait for the factory upgrade as I have no experience at all in upgrading ROM's and also I don't want to loose the 2 years warranty. Tanks!

• wrxtasywrxtasy Posts: 1,195WeTek Community Member
    Dandroid said:

You need the "coming soon" marshmallow update

I doubt 5.1 Netflix Audio will work on Marshmallow Firmware. It certainly does not work for various Hub users with Marshmallow. The Play2 and Hub Firmware is very similar.
  • wrxtasywrxtasy Posts: 1,195WeTek Community Member
    edited April 19
    Nope.

You need to use up to date info, and be 100% sure from personal testing.
    This is WeTek Hub MM Firmware 6.0.1 testing:

http://wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/53556/#Comment_53556
    Oh I thought @ChristianTroy said it was working on MM?

Dear Ricardo, it seems that the upgade from Wetek isn't working yet with other wetek boxes and as I can't use Netflix without DD 5.1, because I prefer Kodi that has 5.1 sound, maybe I'll try to use your ROM, the problem is that I am a newbie and don't know how to do it.

Do you have a tutorial on that? If it didn't work is that easy to return to the original so the warranty is not void?

Thanks in advance and if you prefer to talk in portuguese, better ;)

• zbigzbig20zbigzbig20 Posts: 924WeTek Community Member
    You will not loose your warianty. There is no root, it is very safe rom. Copy this rom to msd card or usb pendrive, boot into recovery , wipe all data and install from extended memory

You will not loose your warianty. There is no root, it is very safe rom. Copy this rom to msd card or usb pendrive, boot into recovery , wipe all data and install from extended memory

Thanks zbigzbig but as I said I am truly newbie:
    1-where can I get the ROM?
    2-how can I boot my wp2 into recovery mode?
    3-what is "can install from extended memory"?

Is there any tutorial for this?

Thanks
    edited April 19
    In this thread is everything what You need: http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/28822/rom-weos-1-3-based-android-tv-v1-1/p1

Option to go to recovery you have in rom (boot to recovery) . In recovery is option for install from extended or wipe etc etc.

In this thread is everything what You need: http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/28822/rom-weos-1-3-based-android-tv-v1-1/p1

Option to go to recovery you have in rom (boot to recovery) . In recovery is option for install from extended or wipe etc etc.

Hi,
    Thanks for your help. I'll try that latter and then let you know.

Hi again, it didn't work :(

It seems that I already have the WeOS 2.0.2 and maybe the side Menu isn't as usual. I didn't find there any option to reboot in recovery mode or to make the factory reset, only in the Settings menu >More> Storage + reposition> Reboot to recovery > Apply update from ext > update from sdcard...

Well, I follow all the instructions I found in this forum, first made the factory reset, did download the file wetekplay2_androidtv_1.1.zip, unziped it to the microsdcard but then I couldn't find any file in the sdcard to make the update, I tried all folders in the sdcard but couldn't find any that works to update...

Can anyone explain it better, like I was blonde? :)

You need just to copy .zip file with android rom to msd card or usb pendrive and apply update from external in recovery, choose your storage and .zip file and that is it
    As newbie I had some problems installing Ricardo's ROM in my WP2 but finally I got it and for a while it worked and I got the DD 5.1 audio in Netflix but after reinstall Kodi 17 his 5.1 audio had many breaks and it was very annoying and latter I had also problems with Netflix that begin to show error messages and I couldn't see anything and latter the 5.1 audio disapear... only stereo.

Made some reboots but still the same problems.

The only thing I was seeking was for 5.1 in Netflix but right now my WP2 is worse than before and I want to go back and UNBRICK it to see if it recovers from this problems.

Can anybody tell me where can I get the original ROM to flash it again? It it the same process that I had to use before?

Thanks for any help ;)
    mc4 said:

As newbie I had some problems installing Ricardo's ROM in my WP2 but finally I got it and for a while it worked and I got the DD 5.1 audio in Netflix but after reinstall Kodi 17 his 5.1 audio had many breaks and it was very annoying and latter I had also problems with Netflix that begin to show error messages and I couldn't see anything and latter the 5.1 audio disapear... only stereo.

Made some reboots but still the same problems.

The only thing I was seeking was for 5.1 in Netflix but right now my WP2 is worse than before and I want to go back and UNBRICK it to see if it recovers from this problems.

Can anybody tell me where can I get the original ROM to flash it again? It it the same process that I had to use before?

Thanks for any help ;)

Same procedure. Download the stock ROM here https://mega.nz/#!JsgShAya!afbWU8vIr2ReMbOkekqhe93WReN-KPQVx9Xu3uoJThw
    edited April 25

Same procedure. Download the stock ROM here https://mega.nz/#!JsgShAya!afbWU8vIr2ReMbOkekqhe93WReN-KPQVx9Xu3uoJThw

Thanks Ricardo, didn't try the Unbrick it yet because I did again the reinstall of Kodi 17 and for now the 5.1 audio is working OK and the messages from Netflix were because the box has lost his date/time and now it seems that all is working... let's see for a few days more.
    Thanks for all :)
    Hi again,

Anybody knows if WP2, with this new Marshmallow Android 6.0 update, will play NETFLIX with Dolby Digital 5.1 through S/PDIF ?

I did the update to 6.0 but only get PCM 2.0 audio...

Thanks
    mc4 said:

Hi again,

Anybody knows if WP2, with this new Marshmallow Android 6.0 update, will play NETFLIX with Dolby Digital 5.1 through S/PDIF ?

I did the update to 6.0 but only get PCM 2.0 audio...

Thanks

No.
    You can wait for my ROM which will have Netflix 5.1 through SPDIF