[ROM] [Play 2] [Marshmallow] Android TV v2.2

ricardopvz
ricardopvz

WARNING!!!
This is a Custom ROM,
it is not officially supported by WeTek nor Google.
If something bad happens, nor me nor WeTek is responsible and you will probably loose your warranty!

That being said, I've been running this without any problems and this box is very easy to unbrick.

Android TV for WeTek Play 2

Features:
  • Netflix available in the Play Store
  • Includes TvHeadend (WeTV is not supported)
  • Added back the telnet server
  • Added back the FTP server
  • Added back the HDMI-CEC language option to HDMI-CEC settings and disabled it by default
    No more automatically switching to Korean
  • HD audio passthrough works correctly in apps like Netflix, Plex etc
  • DTS-HD is automatically downgraded to DTS if your AVR doesn't support it (except in Kodi)
  • Dolby Digital Plus is automatically downgraded to Dolby Digital if your AVR doesn't support it (except in Kodi)
    This way, people can still enjoy Netflix in 5.1 without a supported AVR
  • Netflix 5.1 audio works through S/PDIF
  • Improved video playback (websites videos work)
  • Fixed HEVC playback
  • Improved Audio/Video sync
  • Improved refresh rate switching in Kodi
  • Don't do HDMI renegotiation everytime we switch channels on "Live Channels" or skip a video in SPMC wth Amcodec
  • Correct permissions for usb serial devices
  • Supports USB microphones
  • Voice search works with usb mic's and the Android TV remote app (Android, iOS)
  • WeTek Core Remote works out of the box, including the mic
  • Xiaomi Mix Box remote works out of the box, including the power button (mic doesn't work yet)
  • Sideload Launcher included
  • Power button at the bottom of the launcher
  • Can start apps on boot (go to "ROM Settings" in Settings)
  • Use Android TV accessory screen instead of the normal Android bluetooth screen when pairing a bluetooth device
  • X-plore replaces the default file manager of WeOS (Ugly but very functional. Go to settings and use the dark theme for a better look)
  • Remove AmLogic Movie Player app
This release is now aligned with the Hub ROM.

Note Not working:
  • Google Cast (and probably never will)
Screenshots:

Changelog:
v2.2
- Updated tvheadend server
- Fixed tvheadend server not working with some iptv urls
- Fixed signal issues (no signal on some or all muxes)
- Improved video playback throughout the system
- Fixed video playback in some websites
- Improved AV sync throughout the system
- Fixed wrong video aspect ratio in 4:3 channels

v2.1
- Align with Hub ROM
- Updated to WeOS 3.1
- Fixed HEVC playback compared to WeOS 3.1
- Fixed HEVC skipping in Kodi when automatic refresh rate is enabled
- Improved refresh rate switching in apps like Kodi (it works better than ever)
- Added TvHeadend
- Fix /dev/ttyUSB permissions

Download: https://mega.nz/#F!5hIDxKqD!ydJgA5GoNg128SK8NLwg2A
Download the zip, put in an sdcard, go to recovery and flash it.
Dual boot will still work
First boot will take some time, do not worry

If you come from the stock ROM (or a V1.x of this ROM), make a factory reset in the recovery before flashing or you may have problems

Recommended: Android TV Remote app (Android, iOS)

Donations: Paypal

Thanks to:
@wrxtasy for extensive testing and features suggestions

Comments

• nando261075
    nando261075
    edited June 18
    Está rom funciona em SD card ou só na nand.
  • ricardopvz
    ricardopvz

Está rom funciona em SD card ou só na nand.

Android só na NAND
  • JJ-KwiK
    JJ-KwiK
    Junior Member Posts: 264
    Awesome!
    Thanks for your work.
  • wrxtasy
    wrxtasy
    Junior Member Posts: 1,125 edited June 18
    yes thanks @ricardopvz

This is the best AMLogic Marshmallow Firmware out of all the devices I've tested now because it still retains Amcodec Hardware acceleration for TV viewing for SPMC/FTMC use & also packages TvHeadend server software.

Be aware Kodi Krypton has issues with the TvHeadend PVR client on all Android Platforms. It will break Hardware decoding and Hardware deinterlacing every second channel change. When it does work it produces Half motion deinterlacing. Avoid.

You have to use SPMC/FTMC and Amcodec Hardware acceleration with TvHeadend. Or for just TV viewing - install the TvHeadend Beta App from the Playstore and use it with Android TV Live Channels & the TvH server.

Want a faster alternative to SPMC (Jarvis) ?
    I highly recommend...

FTMC for AML

:)
  • zbigzbig20
    zbigzbig20
    Senior Member Posts: 875
    Great job @ricardopvz !
  • medulin
    medulin
    sorry for my **** questions:
    1) Does "WeTV is not supported" means that I have to access kodi and TvHeadend to see DVB channels?
    2) does "Dual boot will still work" means that I can use Stock Rom and Android TV 2.1 rom without re-flashing ?
  • wrxtasy
    wrxtasy
    1) WeTv has been nuked - there is an inbuilt TvHeadend server that you use to tune and configure TV channels.
    To setup the TvH server you use a networked PC Web Browser and type in its address bar this:
    ip.address.of.play2:9981

The Play2's IP address is found in Android Settings > Network > click or your WiFi on Ethernet connection.

2) No the WeOS stock Firmware is nuked. ATV is a complete, and much more user friendly replacement.
    You can still dual boot to LibreELEC that runs from a microSDHC card.
  • medulin
    medulin
    wrxtasy said:

1) WeTv has been nuked - there is an inbuilt TvHeadend server that you use to tune and configure TV channels.
    To setup the TvH server you use a networked PC Web Browser and type in its address bar this:
    ip.address.of.play2:9981

The Play2's IP address is found in Android Settings > Network > click or your WiFi on Ethernet connection.

2) No the WeOS stock Firmware is nuked. ATV is a complete, and much more user friendly replacement.
    You can still dual boot to LibreELEC that runs from a microSDHC card.

thank you for your reply. So, if I understand correctly, I found ThHeadend as an app or similar? Or I have to open kodi? Sorry, but I never used TvHeadend.

other question: can I come back to Lollipop stock rom?
  • wrxtasy
    wrxtasy
    Junior Member Posts: 1,125
    Once the TvHeadend (backend) server software is setup - you then use SPMC/FTMC or Kodi Jarvis and enable Kodi's already inbuilt TvHeadend PVR viewing client.
    (Found in Addons > MyAddons > PVR Clients)

Then you enable TV in Kodi > Settings > Live TV > Enable

WeOS reflashing is easily done by downloading WeTek Firmware and then follow instructions like these:
    http://wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/55929/#Comment_55929
  • medulin
    medulin
    wrxtasy said:

Once the TvHeadend (backend) server software is setup - you then use SPMC/FTMC or Kodi Jarvis and enable Kodi's already inbuilt TvHeadend PVR viewing client.
    (Found in Addons > MyAddons > PVR Clients)

Then you enable TV in Kodi > Settings > Live TV > Enable

WeOS reflashing is easily done by downloading WeTek Firmware and then follow instructions like these:
    http://wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/55929/#Comment_55929

thank you.
    my question about reflashing was about the possibility to brick the play2 as it appens with stock ROMs
  • wrxtasy
    wrxtasy
    Never bricked mine, reflashing all sorts of ROM's and WeTek Firmware. Even if you run into major issues its easy enough to recover with a few files on a SD card and then using the bottom of the Play2 case, reset button.

There is crosschecking of Checksums to ensure downloaded .zip files contain legit Firmware before reflashing even begins to prevent any nastiness happening.

You could even relash WeTek Firmware back over the ATV ROM Firmware and I doubt WeTek would even know.
  • zbigzbig20
    zbigzbig20
    Is any possibility to import our enigma2 channel list to tvh in atv? Because sorting all favourite sat channels from hotbird is horrible in tvh from scratch. For libreelec we can use e22tvh converter which works excellent but here all localization is different
  • bolt12
    bolt12
    Thank you very much.

Have you found a way to obtain flashing zip for tvheadend with we OS like you did for 1.3?
  • wrxtasy
    wrxtasy
    Junior Member Posts: 1,125
    TvHeadend server software is already included this time in the ATV Firmware.
    @ricardopvz admittedly does not make it 100% clear.
  • bolt12
    bolt12
    edited June 18
    I meant to create a tvh flashing ZIP for weos 3.1 like he did for weos 1.3

The background is, generally I like to stay with "normal" Android because I use some non ATV apps which are most time better working with Android tablet OS
  • ozkaradag
    ozkaradag
    MOD Posts: 575
    Great ROM.

Thank you very much Ricardo Mate.

BR...
  • KITT2000
    KITT2000
    bolt12 said:

The background is, generally I like to stay with "normal" Android because I use some non ATV apps which are most time better working with Android tablet OS

If this was possible that would be amazing! I'm in a similar situation.
  • zbigzbig20
    zbigzbig20
    @ricardopvz , is possible to use wetv on your new mod ? Because only on wetv U can import my e2 channel list and on your mod my smargo cardreader is working again. And use netflix for atv ? In aptoide now is only mouse friendly netflix like in google play
  • NeoDela
    NeoDela
    @ricardopvz thank you for the great work. (As always with the better rom.)
  • ricardopvz
    ricardopvz
    bolt12 said:

It is possible. I'll make a flashable zip later.

@ricardopvz , is possible to use wetv on your new mod ? Because only on wetv U can import my e2 channel list and on your mod my smargo cardreader is working again. And use netflix for atv ? In aptoide now is only mouse friendly netflix like in google play

No, you can't use WeTV.
    ATV Netflix is available on the Play Store.