WeTek Community Forum
Hi WeTek Fan! :)

Please check our WeTek Closed BETA program: http://www.wetekforums.com/v/discussion/31382/call-for-closed-beta-on-wetek-play-2?new=1

Thanks
MasterChief117

Best Netflix version on core

mancio61mancio61 Posts: 116WeTek Community Member
I guys, I sell the Core to a my friend, buying for me a WP2. Until some weeks ago, he was able to run Netflix in a good way. Now it continuously crash. Obviously first suggestion is clean the cache and/or delete data. Anyway... what is the current best available version for the Core? Is a pure Android versuon or is a AndroidTV one? From what repository?
Same issue for italian app RaiPlay ( honestly speaking also on my wp2 it didn't eirk until some days ago....)

Thanks
Andrea

Comments

• mancio61mancio61 Posts: 116WeTek Community Member
    Nobody?
  • ThrallThrall Posts: 2,908WeTek Support Team
    edited July 20
    Which version of Netflix are you using?
    Are you having problems on the Core or play 2?

On both, you can download the Version present on Aptoide.

Go to aptoide

Applications

Multimedia or Media and Video Tab

Download Netflix present there. It should be the version 2.5.0

If it is not present there
    Go to Aptoide Settings

Hardware
    Filter Applications

Disable it, and go again o the same directory.
    Applications

Multimedia or Media and Video Tab

See if it works.

Best Regards

My dear friend has a Core , and have problems with Netflix. I have a WP2 and no issue for me
    He tried the steps i mentioned above?
    which problem does he have with the core?
    Can he download drm info from google play and provide a screenshot?

not yet, he surely will make some test tonight. I'l tell him to download drminfo and make a screenshot as suggested...
    keep in contact!
    Sure, just let me know the results
    Best Regards

Hi Thrall, the version 2.0.5 cannot be found on aptoide! Could you suggest me an aletrnative one? By the way, which is the rason to use drminfo?
    Hi guys!
    As wrote in other posts, I give my Core to my best friends (migrating myself to WP2).
    No way to make Netflix working. Opening Aptoide TV there are many many versions on Netflix, some with white background (for the program icon), some with black background.
    User @Thrall suggested me to use version 2.0.5, but is not present in the Aptoide repository.
    @WeTek : please, in the device presentation you put a big emphasys on the Netflix support, but you never clarify which is the right (and presumably definitive, not being the Core updatable to Android 6.0) version of Netflix. The tablet version? Or the AndroidTV version downloadable from Aptoide? Which version number?
    Please, put more evidence on it, a user cannot scan all the discussions in the forum, Users MUST have a unique and not ambiguous official answer from you (otherwise, for sure, is better to spend 40€ for a small Chromecast to have it....)
    Thanks!
    ok, how I have a couple of DRM Info screenshots. How can I attach here?

edited July 20
    Sorry for the mistake, the version I meant was 2.5.0

Best Regards

edited July 20
    As I wrote in the thread of the ticket already opened with Wetek support, also this version crashes! I installed it from AptoideTV ( before I cleaned cache and data and uninstalled old version).
    Then I ran the app, I put my NF credentials and entered in one of the profiles. The whole NF catalog appeared, but whenever I tried to play something... baaam!!!! The NF crashes and I return to WeOS home screen. Obviously I'm able to play NF content from my phones ( both iOS and Android), a PC and a couple of Android tablet... WHERE'S THE HELL?????
    Note please that all the other apps run properly on the Core (Wetek Media Player, SPMC, YouTube, Rai Play, etc etc)

Any suggestion or hints?
    Honestly speaking I'm start to be very upset and frustrated....

In the meantime, I've contacted some minuted ago the Netflix support. They told me that they found no issues on their side (I suppose there was a problem using different NF account on the same device, as in some way in their server the Core was still associated to my account.....)
    But, MORE critical and very surprising , they told me that Wetek Set top boxes are not in the list of the Netflix certified devices! In fact, if you go to the https://devices.netflix.com/it/ site, and click on "set top box", you cannot find Wetek logo.....

If not, please provide me an evidence for it. Moreover, in case the problem persists, I'd like to have a stronger support from you (I don't know in which form....substitution? update to WP2? let me know....)
    How Netflix performed when the core was still yours?
    Best Regards

I already told to Pedro of Wetek support, anyway...honestly I tried to use NF with the Core 4-5 times. The reason is that, when I made the contract with NF, I've already in mind to pass to WP2 (to have 5.1 audio due to MM 6.0 support). At that time, I tried to see some movies (I'm sure a couple of ones..), without any problem (obviously with a poor 2.0 audio and no 4K support).

It sound me strange, however, what NF support told me this morning, that the devices certified to be used with it, are the only indicated (with a logo) in the above linked pages. I've imagined to see the Wetek logo under the set tob box tab, that's sadly empty.... :-(
    Since you already getting aid from technical support, please keep all the information on the same channel.

Best Regards

Ok thanks
    edited August 21
    Hi , will you fix soon WeOS also for the Core regarding ATV Netflix app (as for the Play2 and the Hub)?
    I didn't made any test using a standard Android version of the Netflix app, as suggested in the Hub and Play2 threads (even it'd work, is not an acceptable solution due to tricky navigability....)
    Any date?
    Thanks
    As my colleague on the support explained to you, currently, for now, the only Netflix app that will work on Play2 and Hub is the Netflix for Android OS which you can find on AptoideTV store on multimedia Tab.

There isn't any ETA for the solution regarding ATV application.

Best Regards

• JunoxeJunoxe Posts: 111WeTek Community Member
    This standard Androids Netflix app is awfull. I used SONY version on my Core and it was best ever. I hope will be back soon.
    @Thrall : I'm asking for the poor Core....does the NF ATV issue affects also the Core???