Audio sync problems

Geezer
Geezer
I'm new to all this and I'm not sure whether I should be asking this question in the Wetek forum, the Kodi forum, the Openelec forum, or elsewhere.

Also, sorry if this is a dumb question or put in the wrong spot or addressed elsewhere (if so, could someone point me in the right direction).

When playing back videos on my Wetek Core, running OpenElec version 6.95.9.7.0 (kernel: Linux 3.10.94), often the audio is ahead of the video by varying amounts, usually about 200 msec or so. Some videos seem to be perfectly synced with the audio, but for the life of me, I can detect a pattern of any sort. It doesn't seem to be a particular video format or anything else I can put my finger on.

I know how to adjust the audio timing via the audio menu for these videos, but this is becoming very tedious.

So, my questions are :
- is this a known issue, and if so, is the cause of the problem known
- is there a fix for this, so I don't have to manually adjust the audio timing for every second video I watch
- if not, is there some way to do this that doesn't involve about 10 remote control clicks to make the adjustment.

Thanks for any help offered. Cheers, Geezer.

Comments

• Thrall
    Thrall
    have you tried to update it?
    Especially to libreelec,

https://libreelec.tv/downloads/wetek-core/

You can try to use the .Tar file and place it on Update folder through SMB connection,
    There are also tutorials on the link above on how to proceed.

if it does not work download the img.gz if you are using OE/LE on the Sdcard.

If you do have any other question please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best Regards

• Geezer
    Geezer
    Hi Thrall,

Thanks for the suggestion. Did that - no change.

Any other suggestions - anyone?

Thanks, Geezer.
  • codesnake
    codesnake
    Developer Posts: 612
    @Geezer Is there any sample to reproduce the issue?