WeTek Community Forum
Hi WeTek Fan! :)

Please check our WeTek Closed BETA program: http://www.wetekforums.com/v/discussion/31382/call-for-closed-beta-on-wetek-play-2?new=1

Thanks
MasterChief117

Installing LibreELeC to NAND: still Android update before necessary?

AnonAnon Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
Hi,
I tried it in the german forum before, because my english is not so good - sorry!

If I want to install LibreELEC to NAND, right from the beginning (I don't want to run it with Android in a dual-boot), do I still have to do the Android-Update before?

I read it for example here: https://libreelec.tv/downloads/wetek-play-2/

[quote]Before you can use LibreELEC the Play 2 must boot Android and run the WeUpdate application to install updates. Once this completes the Play 2 supports boot selection (SD card or NAND) using the power button on the remote control.[/quote]

If I understand right, this update is just needed if I wanted to have a dual-boot-option by using the power button on the remote control?
In other words: Is it not needed, when I directly install LibreELEC to NAND?

And a completely different question (perhaps I don't need to ask it in an other discussion):
I want to use the Wetek Play 2 with DVB-T2 and an active indoor antenna, for exampample this one.
I would like to use it with the 5V supply voltage of the receiver, if this is possible?
Does the antenna connection provide 5 volts?

Comments

• ThrallThrall Posts: 2,908WeTek Support Team
    [quote]Before you can use LibreELEC the Play 2 must boot Android and run the WeUpdate application to install updates. Once this completes the Play 2 supports boot selection (SD card or NAND) using the power button on the remote control.[/quote]
    Yest, this process is only for SDcard. You just need to press the remote button to dual boot.

But, be aware that installing on NAND, may void your warranty.

5 Volts on wetek or the antenna?On WeTek, It will not work. Not enough power to provide you TV.
    On the Antenna, you will need to check the power required.
    On both cases, you should stick with the provided PSUs, which for wetek is 12v.

Nonetheless, i recommend you to use libreelec on SDcard through the dual boot feature and not on the Internal nand to avoid any warranty problems.

Best Regards

• AnonAnon Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
    Thrall said:

... 5 Volts on wetek or the antenna?

Sorry, I'm not sure about the difference! :o
    The antenna (I've linked to above) is an active one, but can be operated with only one cable. This cable comes from the antenna and goes into the antenna-socket of the wetek and needs 5 Volt from there. Is this possible?

Alternatively I could operate this antenna (or an other one) with an external power supply. The disadvantage would then only be, that the Antenna always consumes power (and I would have one more cable and a power plug).

• ThrallThrall Posts: 2,908WeTek Support Team
    edited July 21
    WeTek will not be able to supply any power to the antenna. At least through the Tuner.
    Maybe through USB if that could be possible. But not through the tuner.

Antennas that somehow require extra power, for instance to an amplifier, they usually come with a power supply suitable for the equipment, with the required voltage.

Best Regards