WeTek Community Forum
Hi WeTek Fan! :)

Please check our WeTek Closed BETA program: http://www.wetekforums.com/v/discussion/31382/call-for-closed-beta-on-wetek-play-2?new=1

Give me also the feedback over the new look on our community forum: http://www.wetekforums.com/v/discussion/31383/new-forum-look?new=1

Thanks
MasterChief117

Newbie - CWM Recovery

chibrichishchibrichish Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
Hi All

I have downloaded the cwm-v6.0.5.1-dvbbox.zip but cannot seem to boot into it.

I have extracted recovery.img to the root of my fat32 sdcard and followed this video () but it never boots into CWM.

Is there a different version of CWM or TWRP Recovery for the HUB or am I missing something?

Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. I am on WeOS 3.1 if that matters.

Thanks

Comments

• JIMBOOOOOOOOOOOOJIMBOOOOOOOOOOOO Posts: 40WeTek Community Member
    Sorry man.You wont get any support here when it comes to hacking your device.I was told play 2 wasnt meant for third party roms which could not be farther from the truth because i have successfully flashed twrp recovery and with a little help from *** developers i have flashed cm 14 rom and omni rom with only one issue.Wont connect to wifi but blazing fast with my hard wire connection. You can email me and ill send you a link.Actually I have to thank dandroid for the twrp file on this forum.all i got from supporters (if thats what you call yourself W) was talked down to and told i cant do something.well that just fueled the fire and i accomplished what i set out to do
  • chibrichishchibrichish Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
    Thanks for the reply,

I just want to make a nandroid backup to copy my config over to another device. I am happy to use either TWRP or CWM but unfortunately I cannot seem to boot from the mSD.

Not sure why this is so taboo?
  • HandroidHandroid Posts: 22WeTek Community Member
    CWM recovery has nothing to do with hacking your device. WeTek has a download of CWM Recovery for the Core on the forum. No idea why there is no CWM Recovery for the Hub.

There must be someone who can make a CWM or TWRP recovery for the Hub?
    once a custom recovery is flashed then your system is hacked.Warranty voided =HACKED.And yes I have found a forum with all hub files but not mentioning the site it is found.I WAS WARNED
  • HandroidHandroid Posts: 22WeTek Community Member
    edited August 9
    Come on, the recovery.img stays on the SD-card. Nothing is flashed. Zero problems with warranty.
    Ok I was told that improper information.thank you.I was also told i would brick my device by attempting this and I did not lol.but that was for play 2.was told wetek can tell if you have flashed any custom recovery.via a flash ticker
    Actually i was right.my recovery of twrp is internal and custom rom is internal.It boots into twrp with no sd card.not sure what you are talking about
  • AnimaAnima Posts: 1,633WeTek Support Team
    @all

Let's stop this nonsense of tips/hints or whatever you like to call it.

We (Support Team) strongly discourage anyone in attempting anything in the NAND/internal memory of your device. You can fiddle around Sdcard, no problem.

Why have we taken this action, you ask?

We were friendly enough for allowing this kind of procedures in WeTek PLay 1 and Wetek Core.
    We even made foolproof step-by-step tutorials with videos and whatnot. STILL, a lot of people and I mean A LOT were bricking their devices.

How you ask?

There are a lot of ways these procedures could go bad, EVEN tho we have foolproof tutorials...
    And Wetek ended up repairing a bunch of devices, because of bad usage from its users.
    And for this, changing the NAND/internal memory OS was considered a violation of warranty.

What do we mean with this?

Devices that reach our repair center with another operating system (we don't care which one) other than WeOS, Wetek Team will not repair and return to sender. Simple.
    Even some devices that still use WeOS, but has traces of improper usage, the same thing happens.

We know all of you are pros and have no problem with installing and uninstalling whatever software.
    But please take into consideration, that are some users (there are more than you guys think) that have no clue what they are doing, and still mess up their devices even if they are following a simple step-by-step tutorial.
    So we ask you, STOP encouraging this behavior. Or some poor guy will have his warranty voided because of you.

@JIMBOOOOOOOOOOOO
    all i got from supporters (if thats what you call yourself W)
    C'mon man, WE ROCK, Just because we did not teach you on how to use unauthorized software (which no name company will tell you to), we are no longer good support?
    Chip on your shoulder?

My apologies
  • chibrichishchibrichish Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
    So, is there a CWM Recovery for the HUB?

Like I said, I only want to take a backup of the data partition to clone to another device?
  • wrxtasywrxtasy Posts: 1,191WeTek Community Member
    edited August 10
    This is all about Risk Assessment on WeTek's part - meaning how many Clueless newbie's are going to get themselves into trouble with TWRP, CWM or USB Flashing Tools.

Why would any company provide such tools which then possibly results in an extra support burden and can result with upset end users that complain loudly and bitterly on their own help forums - ones that no longer have a warranty ?

Such Hacking tools and discussion belongs on the Freaktab or XDA Websites along with all other such Android hacking.
    Lol your the one who not even a week ago posted that you were going to give a tutorial on how to twrp our play 2.Dude just go away.The administration team already warned us.Cant stand hypocritical know it alls.TO ALL CUSTOMERS AND FORUM USERS.PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT THESE PROCEDURES I HAVE MENTIONED AS IT WILL MOST LIKELY END WITH BRICKING YOUR DEVICE.I LOVE MY PLAY 2 AND APOLOGIZE TO WETEK AND THIER VERY HARD WORKING TEAM OF DEVELOPERS AND SUPPORT. I WILL NEVER MENTION THIS TOPIC AGAIN ON THIS SUPPORT FORUM.HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY AND KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK WETEK.
    edited August 10
    Don't let selective Amnesia hit you on the head and destroy your Sarcastic whit whilst you shout and throw a tantrum because you Hacking toys and bullshit are not allowed to be posted on WeTek's own forum.

http://wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/57676/#Comment_57676
    wrxtasy said:

I was going to do a tutorial about TWRP for other users but thanks to your attitude I really CBF now.

I also might know a bit about AMLogic Android devices ;)

Keep shouting because my Hearing Aid batteries are a bit flat.
    We WeTek forum members are all a bit hard of hearing didn't ya know ! :D
    edited August 11
    Mind your language.
    You're not expected to like everyone, but in my house, you cordially behave.

EDIT: anima
    I tried to apologize and now your just fueling the fire.love how you posted your quote and then contradicted yourself once again.I take that back,actually my apology was to wetek,the administration team and development team.So therefore your excluded. Your a junior member ,not a developer.REMEMBER THAT SON!!!
    edited August 10
    Junior Hey... ha ha good one ;)

You really have N.F.I.

Do you think for one moment I would be posting up any Play2 - Partition compatible TWRP .img after multiple warnings by WeTek themselves not to Post such tools on their Public forum ?

BTW. did you notice I never directed post #11 above at you at all yet you seem to take that posting as some sort of personal attack. You are actually the one adding fuel to the fire...

• GarceaGarcea Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
    edited August 18
    check the main kodi.tv forum. And after that, maybe you'll threat people properly. This "junior" https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252916 maybe knows more than you think. Do you homework better next time !
    Lol
    Before you speak maybe you should head on over to the play 2 forum.I dont put up with smart mouth people or bullies.Made my sorries now leave me alone.
  • GarceaGarcea Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
    edited August 18
    Change your username to , it is more relevant. In that case, those who will brick theirs boxes following your bright advices they shall worship you ☠️
This discussion has been closed.
© Copyright 2014 - Creative Dreams | Powered by Vanilla