Constant rebooting

natlor
natlor
So I have had a Core box for a year and a half and its been flawless up to yesterday. Problem is it keeps rebooting itself every half hour or so and loses network connection (ethernet) meaning I have to power the box off and on to reconnect.

But this only lasts a while and it occurs again. I also cant get the wifi to connect even though my network is available I enter password and get message saying cant find network.

would appreciate any help with these issues

I have tried rebooting the box and my router but no joy.connection is fine on all other devices

Comments

• Thrall
    Thrall
    Have you installed anything recently?
    apps, kodi addons, etc.

Have you tried to factory reset the device?

Best Regards

• natlor
    natlor
    Thrall said:

Have you installed anything recently?
    apps, kodi addons, etc.

Have you tried to factory reset the device?

Best Regards

Hi
    Nothing new installed I have very little on the box only use it for IPTV through a STB emulator and have SPMC with about 5 addons installed (longterm)

Havent done a factory reset yet as dont want to have the hassle of setting everything up again if I can avoid it but will do if no other solution is forthcoming.

BTW got the WIFI working but the box keeps rebooting regularly
  • Thrall
    Thrall
    can you let me know if the device is rebooting always at the same time? try to keep an eye on the time that the device takes to reboot, and if every reboot takes the same amount of time or is random.

• natlor
    natlor
    Thrall said:

can you let me know if the device is rebooting always at the same time? try to keep an eye on the time that the device takes to reboot, and if every reboot takes the same amount of time or is random.

It seems to be random,first time was half an hour,then 50 minutes,then just over an hour for the next two times
  • emb
    emb
    Hi! This is exactly my problem! It happens at the beginning several times and after rebooting it works during almost one hour, seems that always at the same time... Then it reboots and looses the connection, but keeping the time, so this is not true... i am about to do a factory reset, but as natlor, i don,t want to begin again with all the apps...
  • natlor
    natlor
    Hi EMB

I'm going to reset the box this evening will let you know if it fixes the problem

BTW disappointed with the lack of response here,leads me to believe there is no fix for this,hopefully i'm wrong
  • natlor
    natlor
    The reset worked
  • emb
    emb
    Thanks, Natlor! I will do it, then