"Combo" Tuner: DVB S2 plus DVB C/T/T2

ogekuri
ogekuri
Junior MemberPosts: 19 in Requests, Suggestions & Wishes
I'm very enthusiast of my WeTek Play.

I chose OpenELEC as platform but I've appreciated the bundle os as well .

Do you have on your product 's roadmap to add the DVB S2 + C/T/ T2 version ?

Thanks in advance .

--
Fra.

Comments

• neo
    neo
    The One Posts: 688
    Re: "Combo" Tuner: DVB S2 plus DVB C/T/T2

Hi ogekuri,

For now there are no plans to create a combo tuner.
    But of course if the demands start rising this might become a possibility.

Best regards.
  • ogekuri
    ogekuri
    Junior Member Posts: 19
    neo said:
    Hi ogekuri,

For now there are no plans to create a combo tuner.
    But of course if the demands start rising this might become a possibility.

Best regards.
    Good, I'll try to keep me updated on it.

I'm still very interested to have a full convergence of Digital TV, SAT TV and Media Player.

Thanks!
  • a1danslat3
    a1danslat3
    Junior Member Posts: 23

I think this would be a great addition to WeTek. This would bring great interest to the WeTek in many different markets. Many people use combo units from Ferguson and Humax that are not as flexible as the WeTek.
  • linux geek
    linux geek
    Junior Member Posts: 15

I was wondering about this myself

was thinking of having a play later at getting a usb tuner working with this box have one I can borrow from my vu duo
  • H0nch0
    H0nch0
    Senior Member Posts: 210
    whats USB DVB-C tuners work anyone know ?

duel Tunner is good idea but no real requirement as we already know that there is development on newer boxes with upgraded parts ect ect
    when this kicks in a simple extra slot would suffice so we could snap a DVB-C/T as no point in having single tunner anything really but 2 DVB-S n 2 DVB-C is more plausible,
    but untill then only thing that would be workible is what DVB-C USB work within wetek or use a DM500-C with openpli with web-tv installend and then tie that up with openelec/Kodi within LiveTv PVR service untill such times are apon us , im sure i have a old dm500-c in loft would be able to test when i get uup there in grab it ;)
  • rot30
    rot30
    Senior Member Posts: 850
    See this thread for a list of supported tuners on OpenELEC for the WeTek Play.
  • nicolareina
    nicolareina
    Member Posts: 74
    AVerTV Volar HD Nano(A867R) works well together with wetek sat tuner. Using tvheadend
  • genge
    genge
    Junior Member Posts: 13
    nicolareina;n7452 said:
    AVerTV Volar HD Nano(A867R) works well together with wetek sat tuner. Using tvheadend
    Hi where did you buy in Italy? Thanks
  • nicolareina
    nicolareina
    Member Posts: 74
    If you refer to the wetek i borghi it in germany via amazon
    The stick is a USB stick that is viventi to italian SKY customers to watch dvbt
  • PeterThorpe81
    PeterThorpe81
    Junior Member Posts: 2
    Just adding that I would also like to see a version that can support two tuner modules at the same time (including a 2.5" drive bay would be nice too). Maybe a pro version.

To get all free channels in the UK you would need a combination of satellite and terrestrial so this would be ideal, USB is an option but its adding complication at the users end with possible driver issues, hardware variance....
  • dale094
    dale094
    Member Posts: 113
    Why would anyone want a dvb-t tuner for freeview, when freesat offers more and the same channels, think about it. ? all you have to do is make a bouquet for freesat.
  • sensui619
    sensui619
    Junior Member Posts: 7
    This would be huge wetek quad 2x dvb s2 2x dvb/c/t2. I would buy this straight away and sell my gigablue quad as the wetek has more flexibility and to top it off Kodi..not a fan of e2 tsmedia very slow.

I am currently considering a wetek 2x dvbs2 with a pnp cable tuner but reading up on how that would work as i dont plan on using e2 with this due to being beta as quite a few things not upto mark.
  • jmna
    jmna
    Junior Member Posts: 1
    I think this would be a great addition to WeTek, too....
  • Harley
    Harley
    Member Posts: 58
    Also see this other feature request thread http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/20133/tbs5520-multi-standard-tuner-support-one-usb-adapter-for-almost-all-tv-standards

Checkout these multi-standard tuners from TBS Technologies which support DVB-S2/S, DVB-T2/T/DVB-C, J.83/B, ISDB-T, and ATSC:

TBS5520 Multi-standard TV Tuner USB Box

http://www.tbsdtv.com/products/tbs5520_multi-standard_tv_tuner_usb_box.html

TBS6522 Multi-standard Dual Tuner PCIe Card

http://www.tbsdtv.com/products/tbs5520_multi-standard_tv_tuner_usb_box.html
  • irishstar
    irishstar
    Junior Member Posts: 77
    quad tuner wetek play :D yes i will take 3 already where can i order
  • denisoft
    denisoft
    Member Posts: 122
    I also want all in one box, so I use DVB-S and USB DVB-T with OE, but, does't anybody have different combination to test and write here how it looks? For example:
    internal DVB-S/S2 + USB DVB-T2 (with what type of tuner)
    internal DVB-T/T2 + USB DVB-S/S2 (with what type of tuner)
    internal DVB-S/S2 + USB DVB-C (with what type of tuner)

tnx
  • BE-COOL
    BE-COOL
    irishstar said:

quad tuner wetek play :D yes i will take 3 already where can i order

Yes, me too.

Wetek 4S (four satellite turners) would be great, not only for who want to make an IPTV server, but also for people who have unicable LNBs or DiSEqC system.

Regarding combo, there is a KI Plus 2 S905+DVB-T2/S2 available for 60/70 €.
  • Harley
    Harley
    Member Posts: 58
    Checkout the "Joker TV" campaign on IndieGoGo for a truly universal USB TV-tuner (with CI slot) that supports all current commonly available Terrestrial, Cable, and Satellite Digital TV standards, with plans for the PBC schematic and drivers to be released as open-source hardware if the campaign is successful

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/joker-tv-watch-tv-everywhere

"If this campaign will be funded for 100% ($50k) I will make this project Open Hardware!"

I first read the about news on Kodi forum just now:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=281802