[RECOVERY][2.8.0.0] TeamWin Recovery Project for WeTek Play

ChristianTroy
ChristianTroy
DeveloperPosts: 1,906 in TWRP Recovery

Install instructions

* Power off your device and unplug the AC power cord.
* Download the recovery zip (below you will find the up to date version).
* Unzip the downloaded zip (you can delete the META-INF folder).
* Copy the downloaded zip and the freshly unzipped recovery.img to a MicroSD card.
* Now insert the MicroSD card in your STB.
* Plug a USB mouse or use the supplied AirMouse, otherwise you won't be able to use TWRP since it's a touch based recovery.
* Now plug the AC power cord while you keep pressed the little reset pinhole (located on the bottom of the device) for 10 seconds (just count slowly to ten and it will be good).
* The device should have booted to TWRP recovery. ;)

If you wanna flash TWRP to your NAND storage you can flash the downloaded zip from "Install" menu entry (just click on it with your mouse and click on the zip).
Now the STB will boot to TWRP even if you remove the MicroSD or if you delete recovery.img from it.

Downloads

* TWRP v2.8.0.0 for WeTek Play

Screenshots

Credits

* teamwin for this wonderful recovery; you can get more informations about it here

Comments

• ChristianTroy
    ChristianTroy
    Developer Posts: 1,906
    Re: TeamWin Recovery Project for WeTek Play

Older builds

* TWRP v2.7.1.0 for WeTek Play
  • mjw2k11
    mjw2k11
    Junior Member Posts: 3
    Im having problems backing up to external usb anyone else having issues? is there not a newer version of TWRP with this working?
  • ChristianTroy
    ChristianTroy
    Use CWM for that, you can't do it with this TWRP build, I've not kept it mantained because using it with the airmouse is awkward, CWM is much easier to use on a non-touchscreen device.
  • nicolareina
    nicolareina
    Member Posts: 74
    I don't understand if I should install the twrp image in order to have it available in boot block as for smartphones or one can keep it on microsd and use when needed. Tx
  • ChristianTroy
    ChristianTroy
    You can do both, but I'd suggest you to use CWM. Using TWRP with the AirMouse is one of the most awkward things I've tried in my life. Something that with CWM takes me 5 seconds translates in 10x times with TWRP (that is much nicer on a touchscreen, though)
  • nicolareina
    nicolareina
    Misunderstanding: i mean. I understand that the box with mad inserted boot s in recovery but I do not understand if one has to flash it to the boot like on phones. That is it stays there and at boot you bush a button to recall it or you leave in sd and when needed you boot from there". I suppose it is the first option but I don't understand
  • ChristianTroy
    ChristianTroy
    If you flash the zip on the nand you can boot to recovery without the IMG on the micros card. Remember that if you put an IMG there it will have an higher priority
  • nicolareina
    nicolareina
    Yes Christian sorry but I am still not understanding: if i put it on nand I suppose I will normally boot into "normal operation" and with a specific action (equivalent on sw of pushing volume button down or other) I boot in recovery.
    Correct?

Sorry but i was quite clever in this things once but after a few disasters lately I am asking over and over to be sure I fully get it.
    ;-)
  • nicolareina
    nicolareina
    in rome we would say I am "de coccio" ;-)
  • ChristianTroy
    ChristianTroy
    Yes, exactly

Se lo flashi poi booti in recovery(twrp in questo caso) avviandolo col pin del reset o tramite il "reboot -> recovery" in android), se però metti un recovery.img sulla microsd ti avvierà quest ultimo, fregandosene di cosa sia stato flashato sulla nand.
  • nicolareina
    nicolareina
    Quindi a differenza che per gl smartphone non è strettamente necessario flashare la ricoveri n nand poiché in caso di necessita si può sempre mettere su se e far boot da li.
  • ChristianTroy
    ChristianTroy
    Esatto, così è molto più comodo imho ;)
  • ChristianTroy
    ChristianTroy
    I've hot some serious problems with my bit.ly account that fucked up all my urls (probably the migration from mega.co.nz to mega.nz), anyway I suggest you to use CWM as TWRP is not really easy to use o a non touchscreen device.

twrp-2.8.0.0-dvbbox.zip