Using the Weteklauncher.apk with CM11

rpjones7
rpjones7
Junior MemberPosts: 10 in CyanogenMOD
hey guys,

As I had not been able to use wetek theatre to be able to watch Live TV in Australia I installed CM11 for Wetek play.

I have this installed and working perfectly, including live TV.

I thought that maybe I could pull the Wetektheatre.apk from the wetek firmware and use it on the CM firmware, but when I try to install it I get a error saying it cannot be installed.

is this something that can be done, or is this something that can be modified so it can be installed on these other custom android firmware?

I really like the clean UI of the Wetek firmware, but would also love the flexibility of using CM as the main system.

I also tried using CM12 for Wetek, as well as CM12 with Android TV, but they were both very slow and sluggish. is this to do with the hardware of the wetek (only being dual core) or is it something else?

I would love some help here, as I really love the product, I just want to make the best of both worlds and make an amazing android box that I can forward to my customers.

I would love to hear everyones thoughts.

I did spend most of the day looking up how to create a custom android launcher, but it is harder than I thought haha, So I would love it if Wetek could join in on this and help us create a custom launcher for these builds.

Thanks in advance

Ryan

Comments

• ChristianTroy
    ChristianTroy
    Developer Posts: 1,906
    Re: Using the Weteklauncher.apk with CM11

Lollipop build are heavy and not suited to the MX that is not powerful enough (Amlogic, in fact, dropped the support with Kitkat).

WeTek Theater can't be used (I assume you're using the "experimental" with Kodi Live TV) because it uses different drivers as explained in the release notes section of the post.

If you wanna try a clean, TV suited launcher on CM11 you can try this one while, if you wanna try, this should add WeTek Launcher (I modified the zip for Lollipop, it should work but haven't tried it, in case tell me if it worked).
    Remember those launcher rely on different frameworks so some links might not work, but the launcher functionality will work fine.
  • Adoga
    Adoga
    Member Posts: 40

Can you modify the launcher so that we can change the background to any image or color. This would be nice since the black color is bad for my eyes in a completely dark room. I should, if possible, allow to set other widgets (clock, weather, etc) to replace the boring default ones.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
  • ChristianTroy
    ChristianTroy

I will forward your request as I'm not an app developer but I do something at a lower level ;)
  • RaceJay
    RaceJay
    Junior Member Posts: 9
    ChristianTroy;n4356 said:
    If you wanna try a clean, TV suited launcher on CM11 you can try this one while, if you wanna try, this should add WeTek Launcher (I modified the zip for Lollipop, it should work but haven't tried it, in case tell me if it worked).
    Remember those launcher rely on different frameworks so some links might not work, but the launcher functionality will work fine.
    Hi,
    I really like the work you've done with that launcher. Would it be too much to ask for you to do the same with the version that came out on the Wetek Play OS Android Update v1.1.5?
    And customize it so that the main buttons would be; Kodi - Browser - Apps - Local storage ( file explorer ) - Play store.
    Of course if you are too busy, give me some hints through PM, i've been peeking around with APK Studio... :)
    Cheers!
  • ChristianTroy
    ChristianTroy
    Which launcher? Sorry you are gravedigging a very old post and I don't remember anything about it.
  • RaceJay
    RaceJay
    It was the default wetek launcher... but without the annoying wizard at the start...
    I just wanted a similar version but with the fully working 5 icons (some of them would need to be changed to other app, e.g. tv launcher would switch positions with kodi and it would open the Google Store)
  • ChristianTroy
    ChristianTroy
    I got what you said, I might suggest you to use this one instead that I did from scratch, the original one was not very customizable. http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/wetek-aml-devices/532912-new-launcher-for-wetek-core
  • RaceJay
    RaceJay
    Already tried that one. Didn't like it, sorry :-/
  • ChristianTroy
    ChristianTroy
    No problem, but I won't touch the stock one.