WeTek Community Forum

Auto Refresh Rate in Android not working

snowatomsnowatom Posts: 40WeTek Community Member
Another question for the Hub.

No mater the selected screen resolution in Android and/or Level 1 or Level 2 mode. When in Kodi, it stays at the Android selected refresh rate.

I thought that the Hub on Android could do this just fine within Kodi, what am I doing wrong ?

/snowatom

Comments

• AnimaAnima Posts: 1,988WeTek Support Team
    Hello

Check if you have you highlighted (in blue) the Kodi app in the Refresh rate switch app?

• MC117MC117 Posts: 3,707Administrator - WeTek Community Manager
    You can also select the refresh rate on kodi itself

Go to System - Settings - Video and select the setting level to expert

http://prntscr.com/bvb7b6

Then go to Playback and select the "Adjust display refresh rate"

http://prntscr.com/bvb7ia

And select:

"OFF"
    "Alwys"
    "On Start/stop"

http://prntscr.com/bvb7or

Hope it helps

Best regards

• snowatomsnowatom Posts: 40WeTek Community Member
    edited July 2016
    Awsome, it works... however, new problem.

When Kodi changes the resolution from my different movies 720p,1080p and others it screws the TV image. I have to navigate my TV to another Source, and back again to correct it. If I don't some videos are green/doubles and others are top left corner. All this is fixed, when changing Source and back again.

I have an old xtreamer that can change between resolution and refresh rates on my TV just fine. I have tried setting a Delay after change of refresh rate, sadly this does nothing. Damn another bump....

Oh, and when changing Resolution/Refresh Rate in Android Settings my TV wil manage just fine.

Any ideas?

/snowatom
    Hello

You should only use 1 refresh rate option, either from the app or the Kodi.

Check if you Have the Kodi app highlighted in blue in the refresh rate switch app.

Kodi is not highlighted in blue.

Only using one refresh rate kinda ruin the purpose of having a box capable of playing all formats, so all my videos stays in their original format and can be played with no jutter.

I'm hoping that the LibreELEC version manage this far better than the Android version.

I have tried so many media boxes now, and still the only one able of doing the minimum requirements (play video in original format) is my old Xtreamer Sidewinder going on year 7 now..

/snowatom
  • SoniclifeSoniclife Posts: 5WeTek Community Member
    I had something similar, I was surprised refresh rate switching in Kodi was not automatically on. I also had it stop working on me and no setting seemed to fix it, but a reboot did.

Probably related to changing lots of settings on the first day you get it in my case.
    @Soniclife

OMG, the one thing I always tell others to do, and I myself didn't do it.

It WORKS... and I'm a little blushed right now.

/snowatom
  • SoniclifeSoniclife Posts: 5WeTek Community Member
    Glad it sorted it, it took me far to long to try a reboot as well, if that makes you feel any better.
  • Newbie_from_NJNewbie_from_NJ Posts: 26WeTek Community Member
    I'm a little confused. More details please. Apparently, a reboot fixed the issue. But it fixed the issue after changing what setting exactly? There are a few choices:

1. Android Settings / Display / Automatic refresh rate / Level 1 or Level 2? *
    2. Wetek Media Player / settings / Video / Playback / Adjust display refresh rate / Always or On Start/Stop?
    3. Kodi /Settings/Player/Videos/Adjust display refresh rate Always or On Start/Stop?
    4. Kodi /System settings/Display/Delay after change of refresh rate/choose seconds?

* P.S. - what's the difference between level 1 and 2?

1. Level 2 *
    2. Always
    3. Always
    4. 00

* I have no clue, doesn't seem to make a difference

• HallowayHalloway Posts: 16WeTek Community Member
    Level 2 works better for me. Level 1 sometimes didn't change the frame rate.
    edited July 2016
    snowatom said:

Only using one refresh rate kinda ruin the purpose of having a box capable of playing all formats, so all my videos stays in their original format and can be played with no jutter.

/snowatom

You do not want the 2 refresh rate to be working simultaneously.
    You should let kodi refresh rate handle all its playback.
    The same with Netflix, you'll want its refresh rate to handle its own content.

Best regards

• ChristianTroyChristianTroy Posts: 1,913WeTek Community Member, Developers
    Level 1 will only ensure smooth 24p playback.

Level 2 will also change the refresh rate to match the video played.

Display Refresh Rate app might be useful only when using level 2 and when you want to disable automatic refresh rate for the app highlighted in blue (like if you want to use Kodi's refresh rate but keep level 2 refresh rate for all the other apps you have to highlight kodi there).
    I suggest to use Level 2 and disable Kodi's
    Anima said:

snowatom said:

/snowatom

You do not want the 2 refresh rate to be working simultaneously.
    You should let kodi refresh rate handle all its playback.
    The same with Netflix, you'll want its refresh rate to handle its own content.

Best regards

This is where I'm getting confused as there are so many options to change refresh rate. Here's the list that I am aware of:

1. Android Settings / Display / Automatic refresh rate / Level 1 or Level 2
    2. Wetek Media Player / settings / Video / Playback / Adjust display refresh rate / Always or On Start/Stop
    3. Kodi /Settings/Player/Videos/Adjust display refresh rate Always or On Start/Stop
    4. Kodi /System settings/Display/Delay after change of refresh rate/choose seconds
    5. Netflix(?) (if I read previous post correctly, does this app also have it's own refresh setting?)

To clarify, would you kindly please advise what is the best choice to have the best best refresh rate experience overall?

Are you saying, to configure Kodi to handle refresh rate, but if so, then don't make any other changes anywhere else?
  • NE0NE0 Posts: 808WeTek Community Member
    @Newbie_from_NJ

As suggested by ChristianTroy
    Settings / Display / Automatic refresh rate / [Level 2]
    My Apps / Display Refresh Rate / [Highlight WeTek Media Player and Kodi]
    Kodi / Settings / Player / Videos / Adjust display refresh rate [On Start/Stop]
    WeTek Media Player / System / Video / Playback / Adjust display refresh rate [On Start/Stop]
    Thank you! The only step I hadn't done was highlighting in blue the two apps. I will proceed as instructed.
    Ironically the first attempt of solving the problem was exactly that :)