WeTek Community Forum

WeOS v2.0.1 by OTA for WeTek Play 2

ThrallThrall Posts: 3,321WeTek Support Team
WeOS 2.0.1 has been released which includes some quick fixes from the feedback of our community

Also, if you want to have the WeOS Classic Launcher, you can check it here: http://wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/29364/weos-classic-launcher#latest

We’re closing the year with an awesome mic-drop - ladies and gentlemen, here’s WeOS 2.0.1
BAM!

WeOS 2.0 presents its brand new totally re-design user interface that will improve your experience when using WeTek devices.

To download and apply the update directly from your device, simply access WeUpdate app from My Apps select “On-line Update”.

You can follow this tutorial on how to update through the WeUpdate Application.
http://tutorials.wetek.com/tutorial/268

Here’s what you’ll get with the new WeOS 2.0.1

Brand new launcher

Aptoide, largest independent Android app store

Multitasking app switcher

(Pressing Ok button you open the application, Press and Hold Ok Button you kill the application)

WeTV (for WeTek Play2) enhancements:

EPG active scanner
EPG Grid channel change is now possible

(To change the channel just press Ok on the desired channel)
(To schedule a recording from the EPG, you just need to select the program you wish to />

Add picons by channel name
EPG grid limit time window
Ability to export dvb.db to E2 file has been added
"NIT" option at is now available for DVB-C/T auto.scan

WeTV (for WeTek Play2) bug fixes:

Fixed bug when naming a bouquet name with special characters
Fixed focus issue when double pressing the yellow button
Ch number is empty in Info bar
Fixed problem with info bar when switching between channels that are locked
Bouquet Managment is now showing correct bouquet list
Fixed a bug with Location selection on DVB-C when not connected to the internet
Fixed a date bug concerning Schedule Recordings

When doing update, we advise our users to disconnect the HDD's.

After installation of new software is done, we recommend you to reboot device.

Please download this file for manual installation:

https://mega.nz/#!PRgWmZrB!CjGEOqi0KJISKBzl-U2XTcgPg408zTycDfR8Q6VZnKk

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please don't downgrade the device from Android 6 to Android 5!
You'll brick the device!
The system files are different and it will brick the device

Best regards and We Wish To You All Happy Holidays

Comments

• steef84steef84 Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
    Nice, will try tonigh on the Play2. Will see how it runs
  • kiesa2kiesa2 Posts: 82WeTek Community Member
    I install clean install and scaning again sattelites.aybe ac3 hd audio now works?Where i can find google play.?Only aptoide i see.
  • BigBossBigBoss Posts: 80WeTek Community Member
    it's kinda hidden.

You can go to the WeTek logo on the upper side corner. Go to settings, more, apps, and highlight the GplayStore

cheers
  • zbigzbig20zbigzbig20 Posts: 942WeTek Community Member
    edited December 2016
    @wetek, I don't know why but I installed Netflix 3.2.2 ATV app and when I want to play something I have black screen (only audio)
  • medulinmedulin Posts: 63WeTek Community Member
    how to remove "Story" from the launcher? I don't need it
  • ozkaradagozkaradag Posts: 589WeTek Community Member
    Thanks.

Excellent, good works.

Sincerelly...
  • lglz1337lglz1337 Posts: 438WeTek Community Member
    edited December 2016
    awesome mic drop LOL

alright.... downloading

....well this is definitely not a mic drop, cable scan is still crap HD channels are everywhere, oh and launcher omg tetris.

maybe end of 2017 a real BAM

"ziggo/upc uses multiple NIT's in his network:
    'NIT - actual network' - ID 0x40
    'NIT - other network' - ID 0x41.

When I use the option "search for transponder list" in the advanced tuning options it picks the wrong NIT. It looks like MP picks the 'NIT - actual network'. But I need one from the 'NIT - other network' with a specific 'network ID'. Anyway the one found by MP is not the the right one for my subscription.

So I think it would be a nice feature if the user can also enter his 'network ID' belonging to his subscription. This will also save user a lot of time/annoyance keeping their transponderlist up to date ;-)"

network ID scan plz, will it happen in 2017 ?
  • QuadbeatQuadbeat Posts: 188WeTek Community Member
    zbigzbig20 try to reinstall app or install one from aptoide store. I just checked and it works without any issue.
  • arrbee99arrbee99 Posts: 69WeTek Community Member
    Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but I finally managed to get channel numbering to match, roughly, channel names in a custom bouquet, so TV1 = channel 1, TV3 = channel 3 etc. Will this be preserved when I update, or if not can it be saved to a usb stick or something ? If it needs transferring, which file exactly needs transferring. Thanks.
  • choco718choco718 Posts: 1WeTek Community Member
    i just try to install 2.0 and im getting error message.please help.
    I enable google play and installed chrome,youtube,es files explorer.Then installing this apps i get black window and after reboot still black window.How this this problem?I see only mouse cursor in black window launcher settings opened only.Very please help how fix?
  • califaxcalifax Posts: 1WeTek Community Member
    Still very buggy, no launcher screen after OTA upgrade (black screen after reboot, later the screensaver pic is shown)

Are Telnet and FTP gone forever?
    califax said:

Still very buggy, no launcher screen after OTA upgrade (black screen after reboot, later the screensaver pic is shown)

Are Telnet and FTP gone forever?

And i get black screen.I try factory reset wipe data wipe cache partition.
    edited December 2016
    I can confirm this update is very buggy.After wipe data,wipe cache partition i again setup all setings.I enable google play install chrome.firefox,perfect player,iptv,es file explorer and google play stuck.When i try force exit from google play i again get black window.I cannot see launcher window only i see black window.Wetek software creators is beginners not proffesionals .
  • samir_usmasamir_usma Posts: 14WeTek Community Member

Deus te abençoe gostou tanto excelente trabalho
  • turboelvisturboelvis Posts: 88WeTek Community Member
    O first impressions it's a good update wetek. I think the menu you have when pressing menu or selecting wetek test on top left is nice and also I think if you left that there permanently and added more options and user customisation it would be good something like sections maybe movies live TV apps games etc and the. Apps widgets to the right of it. Once selected. The EPG is also improved by selecting channels within although still not fully populated on 28.2E, maybe xml import in the future would be an option.also sound issue with premium still there as in no audio until yellow button pressed and selecting MPEG unknown then MPEG English. It feels like channel selection is quicker has this been modified also? Overall it's a good update so far. Thanks again
    Also maybe something similar to spmc and add kodi weplayer library favourites to home screen or new uplaods etc to populate home screen.
    HDMI CIC language has this been changed just tried it and it changed language to some form of Asian language automatically
  • DandroidDandroid Posts: 627WeTek Community Member
    This update is not good, the new launcher is the worst part of the rom. I don't want all that rubbish on my home screen. 99% of the time all I want to do is press spmc or wetv or Spotify, I don't need stories, or what my last app was. The last app is probably a favourite which is two rows below it. I don't want to see all the apps I have installed, so why bother with that bit?

The launcher was my favourite bit of the wetek play 2, it was tidy and easy to navigate with mouse or remote.

Why don't you ever ask us what we like?????????????????????????????????
  • DandroidDandroid Posts: 627WeTek Community Member
    Oh a build.prop edits don't work anymore, I can't get back bar or status bar
  • WSpyWSpy Posts: 34WeTek Community Member
    edited December 2016
    Also have a black screen after updating
    Is there a quick way to default the play2?

Edit: Nvm. For anyone experiencing the same and looking to factory reset, you can do so by powering off your play2 and then pressing and holding the power button till you hit the recovery menu
    I agree it is abit cluttered but I think k it's a good base to work from similar to the build Ricardopvz made. Do you think they should work on the original build or work on the android TV type build?
    I think the TV build would be a better solution for are remote type and also if they add more
    user customisations from kodi and IPTV etc it would be allot better..
    I personally was running an autostart to weplayer on start up with android TV type build from Ares with left hand list showing movies TV shows TV IPTV etc that worked great only problem was it was using several apps to work.
    pics attached
  • QuadbeatQuadbeat Posts: 188WeTek Community Member
    Dandroid said:

This update is not good, the new launcher is the worst part of the rom. I don't want all that rubbish on my home screen. 99% of the time all I want to do is press spmc or wetv or Spotify, I don't need stories, or what my last app was. The last app is probably a favourite which is two rows below it. I don't want to see all the apps I have installed, so why bother with that bit?

The launcher was my favourite bit of the wetek play 2, it was tidy and easy to navigate with mouse or remote.

Why don't you ever ask us what we like?????????????????????????????????

Hi Dandroid,

We are working on optimisations, and you will have choice to install OLD launcher as well.

Please stay tuned and thanks for providing feedback.

It is very welcome.
    I have them menu items linked to wetv and my IPTV sub etc within android the rest are usual kodi addon links. I think wetek could could do this within weOS tho and would tie in well with the current skin/ weOS version.
  • maijoormaijoor Posts: 57WeTek Community Member
    Thanks Wetek,
    Great job and the launchers look Awesome only few things are missing in WeTV from v1.0.
    (NO Bouquet arrangements).

1 Move Channels
    2 Move Bouquets
    3 Sort alphabetical
    4 on Screen clock in WeTV

Regards
  • 100jan100jan Posts: 1WeTek Community Member
    When be?
    1 Move Channels ?
    2 Move Bouquets ?
    3 Sort alphabetical ? N.B.
    4 on Screen clock in WeTV ?
  • zbigzbig20zbigzbig20 Posts: 942WeTek Community Member
    @wetek, please add option to disable /enable this story window . For me is useless . Or just change size of this window to banner size
  • hasaflyhasafly Posts: 23WeTek Community Member
    Hi guys, can someone help me to do a clean install, that is suggested on first post?

How to do it? (Already downloaded the files)

Regards
  • mrgiggsy11mrgiggsy11 Posts: 254WeTek Community Member
    As much i appreaciate the work from Wetek Support Team and the box it self, i don't understand till now why they don't make channel rearrangement as a top priority instead of a "useless" feature as new launcher! For me rearranging channels and making favorites, multiple selection to delete or move is a top priority as much as many users as i seen in forum although this wetek creates more updates with more bugs wich make them focus on new bugs instead of including some new features...
    I think i'd stick with v1.3 untill a real change!

@maijoor @100jan