WeTek Community Forum

[SOLVED]Kodi IPTV issue

MetalSemMetalSem Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
Hi all!
I've a strange issue with live TV using IPTV Simple Client addon. I load my channels through a M3U file but the video streaming is full of lag and audio is not synced.
Already tried to clear data and cache of Kodi, reinstalled it but same issue.

Someone else has this weird issue?

Thanks.
If Any user is having some issues regarding his IPTV Channels, like braeks or lag issues, just do like ChristianTroy said:

Disabling amcodec from System - Video (expert setting level) - Acceleration - Allow hardware acceleration (amcodec) - OFF.

This will fix the most common issues!

Best regards

Comments

• PrinLeNPrinLeN Posts: 17WeTek Community Member
    I have something similar...
    I was testing with the same m3u list and the results:

Same network and Laptop with Kodi (win7): ok
    Same network and Kodi in Android tablet: ok
    Same network and Kodi in Wetek Core: Lag is a constant. Stream stops a lot of the times.

Tried the same, like clear cache and so on, and does not work.
    I am using PVR simple IPTV client addon

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 2 mediante Tapatalk

• wrxtasywrxtasy Posts: 1,221WeTek Community Member
    I am going to agree with you guys here as I've seen similar randomly occurring networked stream buffering problems when I use a similar combo:

TvHeadend Server > Ethernet > TvHeadend server client in Kodi running on Android on the Core
    I initially thought it may have been broadcast TV reception problems but I believe the problem is with the Core now. I have no issues with other pvr clients on other networked platforms.

Tested with Kodi Isengard and Jarvis Beta3. Same issue.

I will play around with Kodi's pvr advancedsettings.xml next to see if it helps:
    http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#pvr
    wrxtasy wrote: »
    I am going to agree with you guys here as I've seen similar randomly occurring networked stream buffering problems when I use a similar combo:

TvHeadend Server > Ethernet > TvHeadend server client in Kodi running on Android on the Core
    I initially thought it may have been broadcast TV reception problems but I believe the problem is with the Core now. I have no issues with other pvr clients on other networked platforms.

Tested with Kodi Isengard and Jarvis Beta3. Same issue.

I will play around with Kodi's pvr advancedsettings.xml next to see if it helps:
    http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#pvr

After I tested it I also thought that it was something related with the network/wi-fi or Internet...
    But is something related with Wetek Core. I have a subscription of a payed IPTV service that always works 100% fine with no stops of buffering problems. I did the test in same conditions. Wi-Fi in the 3 systems, same version of Kodi without any special setting, same m3u list and add-on PVR Simple IPTV Client. Laptop and Android Tablet, everything perfect but in the Wetek Core there is a lot of “stops” and buffering problems.
  • ChristianTroyChristianTroy Posts: 1,913WeTek Community Member, Developers
    PrinLeN wrote: »
    After I tested it I also thought that it was something related with the network/wi-fi or Internet...
    But is something related with Wetek Core. I have a subscription of a payed IPTV service that always works 100% fine with no stops of buffering problems. I did the test in same conditions. Wi-Fi in the 3 systems, same version of Kodi without any special setting, same m3u list and add-on PVR Simple IPTV Client. Laptop and Android Tablet, everything perfect but in the Wetek Core there is a lot of “stops” and buffering problems.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=238923&pid=2184737#pid2184737

This user was having problems with Simple IPTV and solved it by disabling amlcodec so it uses stagefright (still accelerated), it makes sense because that user said that using an Android app for watching his iptv m3u list worked like a charm.

Regarding Tvheadend I have to totally disagree as I'm using the Core with Tvh since 3 months as a Tvh client only. BTW as servers I always use the bleeding edge git versions (right now I have the TV running on Core with 4.1-1103 tvh server with no problems at all, no skips, no drops, nothing, it's a WeTek Play running my CyanogenMod the streaming server, both connected via wired network)
  • wrxtasywrxtasy Posts: 1,221WeTek Community Member
    CT are you running a networked TvHeadend server into the Core or using a TvHeadend server / client both running on the Core ?

I've had so many problems with this buffering over the last few months, I really don't watch much Live TV on the Core now. I still think there are buffering throughput issues somewhere chocking up playback. I'm all ethernet connected with GigaE. Damn frustrating. I will try your advancedsettings.xml suggestion next. I have a funny feeling the TV Headend client is actually not buffering properly and causing these playback issues. The hunt for smoothness continues.....
  • ChristianTroyChristianTroy Posts: 1,913WeTek Community Member, Developers
    networked, it's on the WeTek Play with the DVB-S2 tuner, but both are wired connected. It works great for me even with high bitrate channels (like when RAI transmits football games that are 12/16 Mbps)
  • MetalSemMetalSem Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
    FYI I've solved following post suggested by ChristianTroy, disabling amcodec from System - Video (expert setting level) - Acceleration - Allow hardware acceleration (amcodec) - OFF.
    IPTV streaming from M3U playlist now is working like a charm.

Thanks.
    Mi feedback is also positive.
    Just stopped the amcodec and I am using it about 15min and 0 "breaks" or buffering pauses.
    Thanks a lot!
  • ZokiDameZokiDame Posts: 2WeTek Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Guys, does anyone knows how to solve this issue in Kodi... I have a list of some 2820 channels and all of them working, but only for 15-20 seconds than they stop and returning to the channel menu..All of them are working the same ... Only for a few seconds and then stop and back to the menu
  • harenharen Posts: 97WeTek Community Member
    Post some kodi logs or try the suggestion above and disable amcodec.

It might also be a connection timeout on the server, so altering with the buffer settings might help.
  • ZokiDameZokiDame Posts: 2WeTek Community Member
    I tried doing disabling but I use this on my PC and at allow hardware acceleration it says DXVA2 no amcodec here
  • harenharen Posts: 97WeTek Community Member
    Well if you have the same issue on WeTek and PC it's related to Kodi or the server.
    And without logs no one can tell for sure what the problem is.

I would suggest to ask on the Kodi forum http://forum.kodi.tv/
  • AnimaAnima Posts: 1,988WeTek Support Team
    Hello @ZokiDame

Exactly what haren said...
    If the problem is happening on both Pc and WeTek, definitely the problem is with the IPTV server

Best regards

• ng6612ng6612 Posts: 2WeTek Community Member
    When watching TV on kodi after 20 seconds it kick me out
  • ng6612ng6612 Posts: 2WeTek Community Member
    I successfully added the m3u playlist, channel shows up and when i play it, it plays and stops after 19 seconds. If i play it again same thing happens, it plays for another 19 seconds and then stops. I am not sure what is going on. I am new to Emby and LiveTV, not a techy guy. I am very grateful for these features in emby.
  • dubaisatshopdubaisatshop Posts: 12WeTek Community Member
    I recently received my play2 with the latest weOS, when playing iptv with installed Kodi 17.1 after 15-20 seconds stream stop and return to channel list but with the Weplayer it is ok and play iptv smoothly.
    Any isea? Any solution?

Regards
  • ThrallThrall Posts: 3,321WeTek Support Team
    @dubaisatshop it could be the cache size., but only analyzing the logs we could have a clear idea.
    Weplayer is designed to have some more compatibilities with our devices. You can also try with SPMC to see if runs smooth.

• sebussebus Posts: 23WeTek Community Member
    edited July 2017
    Have this same issue using Openelec 8.0.4 on Wetek Play with IPTV Simple Client addon
    HD IPTV plays fine, while SD breaks after 20 or so seconds
    Disabling the hardware acceleration is NOT a solution, box struggles without it!
    Need to test this instead of IPTV Simple Client addon