WeTek Community Forum

WeTek Core OS v1.1.1 released by OTA update

MC117MC117 Posts: 3,707Administrator - WeTek Community Manager

We're proud to announce that we start seeding the OTA update of WeTek Core OS v1.1.1

Changelog:

Launcher:
Unmount option for external drives.

- Added support for bitstream audio / HD audio passthrough using the WeTek modified version of Kodi Jarvis 16.0 rc2.

You can download the application here:

https://mega.nz/#!S9tgRb6Q!Na6YEDT257-QxwiE2k5riPwErEC4I0WtxrALrpNNNrc

More info: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=238923&pid=2234152#pid2234152

Best regards

Comments

• ejcrashedejcrashed Posts: 13WeTek Community Member
    Yahoooo, unmont option, no more Windows complaining about damaged filesystems :P

Many thanks Christian!
  • ninoguininogui Posts: 29WeTek Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Ok great Christian thks you where fast on that one

Working perfectly here
    Incidentally the erratic behaviour of the remote not being able to exit pause mode screen /or randomly exiting seems to be gone maybe I needed a kodi included firmware burn

Anyway I thought this had the jarvis 16rc2 itself but it doesnt , am I to asume this will happen on jarvis final rel ?

There are no new options on kodi system/audio passthr.- still didnt test it but does this means the dsd and other hd audio modes are coming through one way or the other if all pass options are enabled ?

Now as per OE forums great you found that resolution thing
    And..would be great to have a wetek v17.xx and 10bit for a nvidia slap in the face but this last one is not possible.lol

• ChristianTroyChristianTroy Posts: 1,913WeTek Community Member, Developers
    For Kodi you can use this one: https://github.com/christiantroy/xbmc/releases/tag/16.0rc2-Jarvis-WeTekMediaPlayer-v1

Tomorrow I will open a post with it, it's a full rebrand of Kodi because we cannot distribute a modified version of Kodi without full re-branding.
    This one will allow you to enable hd audio passthrough. One suggestion, if you wanna try disable amcodec and just use MediaCodec, it's still accelerated through Android APIs and this is the path where Kodi for Android will go so at some point amcodec won't be supported anymore.
  • g0rang0ran Posts: 69WeTek Community Member
    edited February 2016
    It installed itself as new instance. How to upgrade existing official version to keep settings and addons?

edit: managed to copy user dir from .kodi to .mediaplayer
  • wrxtasywrxtasy Posts: 1,221WeTek Community Member
    edited February 2016
    @MAsterChief117,
    Please into the future post up a Megalink / Dropbox of the actual Firmware OS update if you are going to start a OTA update thread.

Better still give us end users a server link, or even a simple Dropbox Folder link with all the Official WeTek OS updates and custom WeTek Kodi releases and centralise everything. It a mess with links everywhere across two Forums at the moment.

I would rather download a from a nice fast server and Flash easily with Recovery than do a damn slow OTA update.

Seperate Sub-Forums for Firmware updates, Rooting, Custom Apps, Tutorials, etc would be a good idea too. These Sticky Threads are about to take over the Main Android Sub-Forum itself !

• m4rl0wm4rl0w Posts: 17WeTek Community Member
    edited February 2016
    "Unmount option for external drives."
    I can't find how to unmount from the menu... any hint? Thanks!

Edited - nevermind, found it after a couple restarts!
    Just click on the mounted drive in the dialog that opens and wait for the result :)

For Kodi you can use this one: https://github.com/christiantroy/xbmc/releases/tag/16.0rc2-Jarvis-WeTekMediaPlayer-v1

Tomorrow I will open a post with it, it's a full rebrand of Kodi because we cannot distribute a modified version of Kodi without full re-branding.
    This one will allow you to enable hd audio passthrough. One suggestion, if you wanna try disable amcodec and just use MediaCodec, it's still accelerated through Android APIs and this is the path where Kodi for Android will go so at some point amcodec won't be supported anymore.

Ok thks
    Christian I never did this - may I safely clear data/uninstall the default kodi app and after install that one, or install as a second app ? (will also export/import library)
    You can keep the both, just one or any of them.
    Anyway I encourage you to read the last two pages on Kodi's thread.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=238923&page=79
  • QuadbeatQuadbeat Posts: 188WeTek Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Thanks Wetek for new update!

@wrxtasy I like your idea, that all is centralized, I am sure wetek guys will follow that
  • g0rang0ran Posts: 69WeTek Community Member
    edited February 2016
    @ChristianTroy
    I got strange issue with your RC2.
    I have both version installed parallel but on RC2 on playback it change resolution to 1080p (my TV is 720p) and picture is shrunken. Kodi GUI is in normal resolution, only playback. On stop resolution returns to normal 720p.
    I've played a little with settings and only if I "Adjust display refresh rate" turn off than is playback normal.
    On Isengard I have this option set to "On start/stop", pause 1s and working OK.
    Doesn't have such issues on OE Jarvis RC1.

Any hint?
    Thank you.

edit: RC3 same story. Deleted cache and data, fresh install, nothing helps.
    edit2: after more investigation it only affects HD content, SD is OK. But funny HD live streams (like BBC) are OK
  • sdsnyr94sdsnyr94 Posts: 59WeTek Community Member
    @ChristianTroy - Not sure if this was limited to this OTA, but I did not notice it before. When you go into the launcher settings, the description for "Hidden Applications" is located under "Use a custom theme for launcher icons."
  • HandroidHandroid Posts: 22WeTek Community Member
    @wrxtasy I support your suggestion for a centralized download portal.

And how about releasing full system images of the latest firmwares so you get a clean install?
    @sdsnyr94
    had not noticed it, a wrong copy/paste, fixed ;) thanks

@Handroid
    all zips are full roms
  • mavemave Posts: 10WeTek Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Hello, looks like kodi started to ignore my advancedsettings.xml for buffering after the last OTA(or one before not sure)
    anyway I have it set like this:
    <advancedsettings>
    <network>
    <readbufferfactor>4</readbufferfactor>
    <cachemembuffersize>157286400</cachemembuffersize>
    <buffermode>1</buffermode>
    </network>
    </advancedsettings>
    located in /mnt/shell/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/

and cache is filling just up to 75MB and really slowly even over the cable.

you can check kodi.log that will tell you if advancedsettings is read. The OTA has not changed anything regarding this.
    edited February 2016
    you are right it is loaded what confused me is "forward" in codec info is half of the cachemembuffersize.
    However then it looks like kodi's (not wetek's) network performance is worse than it use to be, like app has a lower priority, shaped or something. I'm not able to get more than 21Mb/s. I have trouble to watch movies with higher bitrate over the LAN. I tested uploading via FTP and that one has no trouble to acheive 80Mbps also speedtest.net is doing fine, but kodi itself is terrible :/

Edit: running on android
    I don't know your settings, but this has always worked good for me: http://pastebin.com/raw/7Z0dCMCT

(I also think that Kodi's default is too conservative, at least on Android)
    edited February 2016
    we don't understand each other.
    I'm trying to say kodi is not able to go faster than 20Mbps this means any movie with higher bitrate is simply not watchable and it happened either after OTA 1.1.0 or 1.1.1. This is regardless of the any advanced settings (as you can see I have the same as yours). I have it connected via 100Mb ethernet and playing via SMB.
    When you do any other speed test from wetek it is working fine, so link is not a bottleneck. Just kodi, if nothing changed there, then it will be something on the android layer which is shaping it.

Edit 12:16: tried factory reset and same thing, also what I noticed when I was creating backup from kodi it uploaded file ~60Mbps when it was dowloading it back for restore it was ~20Mbps (obviously I have tried to play movie first before restoring my settings)
    This might seem redundant but I wonder if that´s all network related / firewall / router policies / windows firewall/antivirus crap etc etc
    I dont even have advancedsettings setup myself and all is well on a dlink ac19200 (firewall open to wetek /QoS setup accordingly)
    -Only thing in fact I notice is the video framing when you jump scenes within a movie -to go away either you wait a long time or you pause and play

-On kodi/oe I do have some shares showing on smb but not on nfs although they are all equal on the network and sometimes get a smb error 2 source not available when it should be but this is not a major problem
    Some video files with mp3 stream theres no sound on kodi but ok on mxplayer

-Btw is there any kodi/oe add on to show current video properties instead of having to do it on the pc separately ? didnt find any on repository or elsewhere