WeTek Community Forum

WeTek OS 1.1.7 for WeTek Play [14/03/2016]

MasterChief117MasterChief117 Posts: 3,707Administrator - WeTek Community Manager
edited March 2016 in Android (WP1)
We are proud to announce that we start seeding OTA update of WeTek OS v1.1.7

If for some reason the OTA update fails, you can manually download the update files and follow this guide to do a manual update:

Download WeTek OS 1.1.7
https://mega.nz/#!3xMVhQjb!WKJM_aMQCvpP472Oi-LnOGhX7-Mf95cp24-cVUjMVF0

Use Wipe data and Wipe media IF you want to make a clean installation
(This will delete all the settings on your WeTek)

Or

If you want to make a clean install or recover android on NAND

Download WeTek OS 1.1.7
https://mega.nz/#!b4tWmIrS!cyV5mK_sPca1hfmOU0PrLRAtGfvjTbFcu2WShd-AVmk

Changelog of the new 1.1.7 version

Android:
  • Added Boot Menu
    On WeTek Play splash screen press power key to boot from Internal storage or mSD card.
    This will work using the WeTek Play RCU, WeTek OpenELEC RCU and WeTek Play Enigma 2 RCU.
  • Various fixes in Android and Kernel
  • Update Kodi to v16.0 Jarvis

After this new installation finishes, please turn off your WeTek.
After turning on, please make a reboot, for the apps ti update properly

Best regards

Comments

• ParanoshParanosh Posts: 76WeTek Community Member
    Thanks for this great update team!!!!!!!, i'm wishing check this new feature asap!!!!!!!
  • vanaduvanadu Posts: 30WeTek Community Member
    Thanks MasterChief117,

Long wait, but we have pleased for the work and patient with all of us.
  • GuRuGuRu Posts: 588WeTek Community Member
    OTA WE.update completed
  • mach1mach1 Posts: 737WeTek Community Member
    Great work dualboot works fine best regards..
  • Batesy2007Batesy2007 Posts: 7WeTek Community Member
    Where do I get the factoryupdate file + recovery file from?
  • PSonicPSonic Posts: 61WeTek Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Great news! Wetek staff are the best!!!!

Anyone try on Wetek OpenELEC version?
    My friend did the OTA update and don't work mSD boot, try once press power button, try a long press power button and no mSD boot.

Android successful updated and Apps.
  • ozkaradagozkaradag Posts: 590WeTek Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Great jobs.

DualBoot works superb.

Thanks WeTek.

Further, OE in Nand and E2 in SDCard, does it works?
    So DualBoot.

Sincerelly...
    I'm getting 'Symlink: some symlinks failed' Installation aborted error on a manual flash to nand.

:(
  • NE0NE0 Posts: 808WeTek Community Member
    @PSonic

Does he see the new text on the boot logo where it states to press the power button to boot form different storage device?
    If so it might be an issue with the remote, the remote and device need to be in a line of sight.

If the text is missing he can download the build and perform a manual update.
    @Batesy2007

You can get the recovery.img from here https://mega.nz/#F!kJQmwA4L!cobxvJ8JS-SqkyjDk9zMqg

or extract it from the ZIP file you've already downloaded. After you get this recovery perform the manual update again.
    @ozkaradag

Adding the selective boot order for E2 and OpenELEC builds still needs to be implemented and tested. As soon as we have more information we will post it on this forum.
    Thanks Neo, I was able to get the 2 files needed and I edited the factoryupdateparm file to match the name of the new update then loaded the 3 files on to the msd. Is that correct?
    edited March 2016
    NE0 said:

@PSonic

Does he see the new text on the boot logo where it states to press the power button to boot form different storage device?
    If so it might be an issue with the remote, the remote and device need to be in a line of sight.

Yes, the text to press on power button is OK.

My friend test with two OpenELEC RCU (he have two Weteks OE) and don't boot from mSD, same message again "press power button to boot from SDcard" and Android boots
  • MasterChief117MasterChief117 Posts: 3,707Administrator - WeTek Community Manager
    PSonic said:

NE0 said:

@PSonic

Yes, the text to press on power button is OK.

My friend test with two OpenELEC RCU (he have two Weteks OE) and don't boot from mSD, same message again "press power button to boot from SDcard" and Android boots
    Let me check on my side

Best regards

Thank you NE0 and MasterChief117

My friend make OTA update, from 1.1.6 version (Wetek OpenELEC with Android on Nand)
    Without reset or wipe, Android and Apps success updates (for example Kodi 16 start ok)
    Up and running thanks to NEO's link. Legend
    @PSonic

If the key press is registered by the device you should get a feedback (the screen should blink) right after key press. If the screen does not flash/blink it's probably an issue with the remote.

You can also perform a manual update without loosing data, just download the file, put it on a USB flash drive, open the WeUpdate app and chose local update. This will overwrite the existing system apps and boot loader.
    NE0 said:

@PSonic

If the key press is registered by the device you should get a feedback (the screen should blink) right after key press. If the screen does not flash/blink it's probably an issue with the remote.

You can also perform a manual update without loosing data, just download the file, put it on a USB flash drive, open the WeUpdate app and chose local update. This will overwrite the existing system apps and boot loader.

Thank you once more for your help.

Yes the screen blink.
    My friend will now try manual update.
    edited March 2016
    Problems with manual update!!!
    May be try with Recovery install (clean install)?

• MasterChief117MasterChief117 Posts: 3,707Administrator - WeTek Community Manager
    @PSonic

Yes, If you're using a WeTek OE, please make a clean install, on some it is needed to make 2x a clean install so the boot menu works

I had to make it now on my OE version

Made one clean install and the boot menu wasn't accepting the Boot change.

Made a new clean installation and it's working fine

Since the boards are slightly difference it is needed on some cases, to make this procedure

Best reagards

• palhimpalhim Posts: 2WeTek Community Member
    edited March 2016

@PSonic

Yes, If you're using a WeTek OE, please make a clean install, on some it is needed to make 2x a clean install so the boot menu works

I had to make it now on my OE version

Made one clean install and the boot menu wasn't accepting the Boot change.

Made a new clean installation and it's working fine

Since the boards are slightly difference it is needed on some cases, to make this procedure

Best reagards

Hi MasterChief,

Allow me to give my advice to a newer version or maybe a future fix.

The priority of the boot in all version under 1.1.7 it was MicroSD (if we have one plugged) and if NOT the priority change to NAND.

With the v1.1.7 they changed the priority and for me it was a wrong choice because if I use a microsd (plugged) I need to stay next to the TV to press power button to start microSD system. The best choice it is stay like it was before, boot priority to microSD AND if we press the power button then NAND it will be called.

That is my advice and if no one change this I will not do this update because I dont want to stay next the TV to press the power button.

Give me feedback please.
    @MasterChief117
    Thank you for your time, my friend will try clean install. Give you feedback later.

@palhim
    On Wetek Core, on wetek video, the boot save last choice until press power button again.
    If you choice Nand and poweroff, on next boot the Wetek start from mSD and not from last boot choice?
  • palhimpalhim Posts: 2WeTek Community Member
    edited March 2016
    PSonic said:

@MasterChief117
    Thank you for your time, my friend will try clean install. Give you feedback later.

@palhim
    On Wetek Core, on wetek video, the boot save last choice until press power button again.
    If you choice Nand and poweroff, on next boot the Wetek start from mSD and not from last boot choice?

If this version it will work like wetek core for me ITS OK and it will work for me but I didn´t saw any official info about that "minor" thing eheheheh :smile:
  • ColinMcDougzColinMcDougz Posts: 6WeTek Community Member
    Ok this update for me does not work , it does nothing at splash screen for dual boot , all this does is boot me into Wetek android side , What have you done to my WETEK , is there anyway of going back to the previous version , this update has not been tested properly , I am one angry customer !!

Ok this update for me does not work , it does nothing at splash screen for dual boot , all this does is boot me into Wetek android side , What have you done to my WETEK , is there anyway of going back to the previous version , this update has not been tested properly , I am one angry customer !!

WeTek Play or WeTek OpenELEC?

You need to point the RCU to the WeTek and press the power button (like it says on the Spash Screen) so it can assume the dual boot exchange

Best regards

My Wetekplay when asked to shutdown stays on a blue light and wont even shut off , please explain ?

My Wetekplay when asked to shutdown stays on a blue light and wont even shut off , please explain ?

Some android apps can be working on the background...

After finish it will turn the light to red...

It's like when power off the computer, sometimes it takes more time to shutdown while the windows is working on the background...

Now the stock remote wont start up the Wetekplay the E2 remote starts it , again I say , WHAT HAVE YOU DONE ? Please don't insult my intelligence saying its android programs running , as if id use the android side of this heap , No the update is MINCE as wee say thanks a lot WETEK great job !!
    edited March 2016

Now the stock remote wont start up the Wetekplay the E2 remote starts it , again I say , WHAT HAVE YOU DONE ? Please don't insult my intelligence saying its android programs running , as if id use the android side of this heap , No the update is MINCE as wee say thanks a lot WETEK great job !!

Hi, first of all no one is insulting you...

If you're having issues, contact the wetek support on www.wetek.com/contact

Best regards

edited March 2016

Hi, first of all no one is insulting you...

If you're having issues, contact the wetek support on www.wetek.com/contact

Best regards
    You mean you have no idea why this update is *** wank eh !!

[EDIT]
    These words aren't allowed on the forum

MC117