WeTek Community Forum

WeTek OS 1.1.7 for WeTek Play [14/03/2016]

Comments

• KunftKunft Posts: 25WeTek Community Member
    @ColinMcDougz Seems to me that you don't know what you did and now you're blaming them for your great achievement...

You don't provide any information regarding the issue, or something that the mods can reproduce...

So... don't insult their intelligence...
    Ah, and Android has the "Apps" working on the background... Don't insult my intelligence ;)

Like @MasterChief117 said, if you have a issue, contact the support.
    It's for what they exist...
  • MC117MC117 Posts: 3,707Administrator - WeTek Community Manager
    edited March 2016

Now the stock remote wont start up the Wetekplay the E2 remote starts it , again I say , WHAT HAVE YOU DONE ? Please don't insult my intelligence saying its android programs running , as if id use the android side of this heap , No the update is MINCE as wee say thanks a lot WETEK great job !!

Hi, first of all no one is insulting you...

If you're having issues, contact the wetek support on www.wetek.com/contact

Best regards
    You mean you have no idea why this update is *** wank eh !!
    First of all, don't use these kind of words in here, if you don't know how to behave on a community forum, i can show you the exit.
    Simple and fast...

All i can see it's that the update is working fine on all the devices so far...
    Just need to scroll up and see ;)

Like it has been said, if it's not working on your side, you have to contact the support.
    Don't come here to start a war with me or someone from here...

End of discussion

Best regards

• ColinMcDougzColinMcDougz Posts: 6WeTek Community Member
    Kunft said:

@ColinMcDougz Seems to me that you don't know what you did and now you're blaming them for your great achievement...

You don't provide any information regarding the issue, or something that the mods can reproduce...

Ah, and Android has the "Apps" working on the background... Don't insult my intelligence ;)

I don't think ill be the only one complaining about this update , its mined the box , its improved nothing , it doesn't dual boot , ive seen nothing that shows it does have you ? I have the update installed and it doesn't work , so again don't crawl up the arses of others prove the fact that you have it working , as it doesn't , they have balls up an update and you know it now away you and crawl back up the arsehole you came out pal , like I said it doesn't dual boot at the splash screen .
    Want a video of it working?
    I can make one just for you... and also, i can put your name there ;)

Hehehe

• PSonicPSonic Posts: 61WeTek Community Member
    edited March 2016
    @ColinMcDougz
    Keep calm, that attitude don't solve your problem

Wetek team works very well, and they are very helpful all the time

On all brands the OS updates have risks, on all main updates user must do backups, if you didn't is your problem, is not the manufacturer fault.
  • TheLazyPeonTheLazyPeon Posts: 27WeTek Community Member

Kunft said:

I don't think ill be the only one complaining about this update , its mined the box , its improved nothing , it doesn't dual boot , ive seen nothing that shows it does have you ? I have the update installed and it doesn't work , so again don't crawl up the arses of others prove the fact that you have it working , as it doesn't , they have balls up an update and you know it now away you and crawl back up the arsehole you came out pal , like I said it doesn't dual boot at the splash screen .

Whats wrong with you? Could you take it easy?

Everyone around here has the update working, you seem to be the only one with issues, and instead of helping those who can help you, you're ranting at them, that will acomplish you nothing.

Please try and redo the update from a mSD card, place the zip file on the card, go to the WeUpdate app and apply the update again without wiping your stuff.
    edited March 2016
    @ColinMcDougz
    "I don't think ill be the only one complaining about this update"

Yes you are, the others (my self included) have some minor issues and this fantastic Wetek Team reply with solution for my case.

Your attitude is very wrong, good luck with that attitude on your life!
  • ColinMcDougzColinMcDougz Posts: 6WeTek Community Member
    Kunft said:

Want a video of it working?
    I can make one just for you... and also, i can put your name there ;)

Hehehe

Yeah that would ne more than wetek have done , so bash on lets see it
    @Kunft Don't need to make anything :)

This is the video with the dualboot working on WeTek Play

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mx7onh2ew5p89v0/20160314_170908.mp4?dl=0

Like i said before, if you're having any issue, please contact the costumer support at: www.wetek.com/contact

Best regards

@Kunft Don't need to make anything :)

This is the video with the dualboot working on WeTek Play

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mx7onh2ew5p89v0/20160314_170908.mp4?dl=0

Like i said before, if you're having any issue, please contact the costumer support at: www.wetek.com/contact

Best regards

As always the great support is here!

Great work MasterChief117
  • zbigzbig20zbigzbig20 Posts: 942WeTek Community Member
    Works great! Thanks wetek support :-)
  • ParanoshParanosh Posts: 76WeTek Community Member
    i can't boot e2...just work to boot between android to oe???
  • mach1mach1 Posts: 737WeTek Community Member
    Boot from Android to e2 and to elec both works fine for me ...
    Thanks for the reply mach1, then for me no...i'm feel tired with this "kind" of reciever
  • NE0NE0 Posts: 808WeTek Community Member
    @Paranosh

Did you try to boot to OE or did you only tested with e2 builds?

There is one thing I just discovered that will break the boot selection. If you change the display resolution in Android settings it will overwrite some boot environment variables and break this new feature.

So please set 720p or 1080p (they are at 60Hz) and perform a manual update.

NOTE for everyone else:
    Please don't change the display resolution in Android settings for now.
  • gummiagummia Posts: 28WeTek Community Member
    I am having trouble getting the dual boot to work properly. The box mostly boots up into android even though I see the 'press the power button message'. I boot up with OE SD in place and press power button again at the white startup screen. It only worked the first time after update, booted fine into OE. But then I switched back to android to set that up. And I don't seem to get it to work after that. Any thoughts?
  • samirccsamircc Posts: 1WeTek Community Member

@PSonic

Yes, If you're using a WeTek OE, please make a clean install, on some it is needed to make 2x a clean install so the boot menu works

I had to make it now on my OE version

Made one clean install and the boot menu wasn't accepting the Boot change.

Made a new clean installation and it's working fine

Since the boards are slightly difference it is needed on some cases, to make this procedure

Best reagards

I can confirm this, i had to do clean install twice. It was WeTekPlay OE version with openElec 6.0.3 in NAND. Dual boot with pbNigma on SD card everything OK.

Thanks MasterChief117.
    Ok. But Im using Wetek Play. I'll give it a try anyway..
    edited March 2016
    My friend confirm clean install solved the boot choice issue on Wetek OE.

Great work.

Sugestion for next update: New TV app for Android, something like E2 (best GUI interface, channel list and EPG info). This sugestion applies on Play, Core and future Play 2S.
    If not possible maybe use Kodi like OpenELEC to see TV on Android.

Keep the good work.
    edited March 2016
    I ran the install from zip through updater again, erasing all data. That seems to have solved my boot choice issue on Wetek Play.

+1 on improved Theater app for android though.

As always, thanks guys for a fantastic forum and quick support. And of course a great product.
    A new video, booting from android to E2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lfu6atkxt7dcxlx/20160315_101045.mp4?dl=0

Best regards

edited March 2016
    NE0 said:

@Paranosh

Did you try to boot to OE or did you only tested with e2 builds?

There is one thing I just discovered that will break the boot selection. If you change the display resolution in Android settings it will overwrite some boot environment variables and break this new feature.

So please set 720p or 1080p (they are at 60Hz) and perform a manual update.

NOTE for everyone else:
    Please don't change the display resolution in Android settings for now.

You are right NE0, i make a restore defaults in Android and then a manual update firmware and now it's working, many thanks!!!!!!!.
    Ok , that actually crossed my mind. because I had an issue earlier with booting OE from sd in 1.1.6, if the android resolution was 1080i OE would boot up but not show any picture. Also in 1.1.7 I had the dual boot working at first but then stopped after I set up android. And while setting up android I also changed to 1080p/50Hz. Then dual boot stopped working. And now after updating again and not doing anything in android, dual boot works. So the trick is to not touch display settings in android.
    gummia said:

Ok , that actually crossed my mind. because I had an issue earlier with booting OE from sd in 1.1.6, if the android resolution was 1080i OE would boot up but not show any picture. Also in 1.1.7 I had the dual boot working at first but then stopped after I set up android. And while setting up android I also changed to 1080p/50Hz. Then dual boot stopped working. And now after updating again and not doing anything in android, dual boot works. So the trick is to not touch display settings in android.

Already working on it :)

Best regards

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Our development team is working on this problem.

I've made a flashable zip file which will only update the bootloader so you don't have to update/flash the whole system.

https://mega.nz/#!1AJWXJqb!lz2wyQQdXpTdi9JSayzsCHhVvR6UTIKAztpNKYJHmNI

If you experience any issues with the dual boot option use the zip file above and copy it to a USB flash drive or SD card and perform a local update from the WeUpdate app.
    @NE0

A silly question!!!
    If we install only that bootloader on previous version (1.1.6) the dual boot works?
    Theoretically it should but I did not test it.

Changes in v1.1.7 (system changes) should not have any relation to the bootloader.
    edited March 2016
    My friend have two Wetek OE,

Yesterday (can see old posts) dual boot doesn't work after OTA update, he try clean install and dual boot works on first install.
    Today he try on second Wetek, he install 3x times (clean install) and dual boot don't work on this one.
    Try now use the bootloader fix and nothing.

OK.. when he gets to the Android system recovery could he try to insert a USB flash drive with the update file or the file I posted and select "apply update from EXT --> Update from udisk" and select the uboot-signed5.zip or the DB-J710-wetek-ota-xxxx.zip

I assume there is a problem with the storage device that he currently uses because the installation fails right after "Finding update package..."
  • sleepingkarmasleepingkarma Posts: 104WeTek Community Member
    edited March 2016
    NE0 said:

OK.. when he gets to the Android system recovery could he try to insert a USB flash drive with the update file or the file I posted and select "apply update from EXT --> Update from udisk" and select the uboot-signed5.zip or the DB-J710-wetek-ota-xxxx.zip

My wetek play was showing "press power to boot internal nand" and my OE with "press power to boot sd". But none changed the dual boot option because i had changed resolution.

After applied the "uboot-signed5.zip" the dual boot started to work again.

The strange was "press power to boot internal nand" because it was booting to nand already and couldn't change to mSD