WeTek Community Forum

WeTek OS 1.1.7 for WeTek Play [14/03/2016]

Comments

• wetekuserwetekuser Posts: 8WeTek Community Member

Hi

The dual boot is only possible with Android installed on NAND

Best regards

hı doest it work any airmouse on android and engima 2 on wetekplay ?
  • MC117MC117 Posts: 3,707Administrator - WeTek Community Manager
    Enigma 2?
    There's no air mouse for it.

Android you can use air mouse

Best regards

• faosfaos Posts: 15WeTek Community Member
    Anima said:

Hello Faos

This issue is already fixed, and it appears you have it working the first times.
    What changes did you make in android, for it not to boot afterwards?

Still, update you android, via weupdate app with this build:
    https://mega.nz/#!BgdxmKhK!dBN_E3CbyFqCnOnrG2yvqqJ0aVHciWyW2u5R6auz1cQ

Best regards

Hi Anima,
    Sorry for the lae reply,
    I only restored my backup of OE and then it stopped working. Also changed the resolution.
    Thank you
  • AnimaAnima Posts: 1,988WeTek Support Team
    Hello @faos

Make sure your resolution in Android is the same as OE! or at least 720P.

Best regards

• armirarmir Posts: 50WeTek Community Member
    No update for Play 1??
  • gazrobgazrob Posts: 57WeTek Community Member
    Looks like the play 1 has been neglected,or st the least pushed to one side
  • gazrobgazrob Posts: 57WeTek Community Member
    *at
  • NedScottNedScott Posts: 1,123WeTek Community Member
    All in good time. There's not a lot of pressing issues for the Play1 to fix, though. Not that I am aware of, that is.

former WeTek Support team member, now just a friendly volunteer.
  • 1999gtv1999gtv Posts: 174WeTek Community Member
    Best piece of comedy I have read in quite a while, just confirms my thoughts from months back when the play2 release was announced. In a nutshell once the play 2 was released play 1 no longer matters, unless by some miracle some of the development for play 2 can transfer to play 1 with minimal effort
  • BigBossBigBoss Posts: 81WeTek Community Member
    Wetek gave support for 2 years to the play 1

Released a lot of firmwares and versions.

I have other boxes and the support... well on this it took them 6 months to ditch the system.

So congratz to wetek for their support!

Everyone complain and never mention the good works these guys do on support!
    1999gtv said:

Best piece of comedy I have read in quite a while, just confirms my thoughts from months back when the play2 release was announced. In a nutshell once the play 2 was released play 1 no longer matters, unless by some miracle some of the development for play 2 can transfer to play 1 with minimal effort

I'm not sure what's the deal with the snide comment?

I did remember one thing, which was related to fixing some dual booting issues. The fix has already been posted to the forums, but I don't think it was included in the most recent OTA (1.1.7). Other than that, the only major issues I see are either out of our control, like updating to Android 5, which is just not realistic for the Play 1's hardware and the core firmware support that Amlogic provides.

However, if you have a specific issue then please bring it to my attention and I will try to see what I can do. I don't normally boot my Play1 into Android these days, since it performs so much better as a LibreELEC box, so maybe I'm not aware of an issue that you know about.

• MafiMafi Posts: 1WeTek Community Member
    edited October 2016
    There are several bugs still that need to be resolved:
    - Weather display on Homescreen does not work in Germany.
    - Wetek Theater app inserts blanks in station names where no blanks ought to be, i.e. in the middle of a word.
    - In Wetek Theater there should be a separate list with all FTA stations, but it does not exist or ist empty (cannot remember which it was last time I tried)
    - In Wetek Theater on switching channels sometimes audio and video are out of sync (video lags behind audio). Switching channels again often resolves that.
    - display resolution sometime changes itself back to a low setting on booting, although CEC is turned off
    - IPTV apps from Zattoo and Amazon Prime do not work. Zattoo does not show video (audio sometimes starts for just a moment). Amazon Video does not even start showing selected movie but returns to movie selection menu without displaying an error. These problems are especially annoying because the Play is made for exactly this kind of apps!
    - IPTV from Wetek Antenna app is a joke. Most stations are useless in Germany and many don't even work. I can live with that, I don't need that feature. But this was a feature being advertised so should at least be useful. It isn't.
    - German translation is bad in some parts. For example in the dialog for scanning for DVB channels it says "Sender x" at the bottom but it should read "Kanal" there, because the current channel being scanned is shown there.

I'm sure this list is far from complete, but these are the most annoying bugs the Play still suffers. Looking forward to a new update, but not holding my breath.

BTW: I am using the DVB-C tuner, I don't know if the bugs in Wetek Theater apply to the DVB-S one as well.
    Regards
    Snide comment really? Sums up your attitude towards customers in one sentence let alone the flippant way you felt the need to post that there are no pressing issues when the forum is full of issues that have never been resolved. Why on earth would we be asking for updates and fixes if we did not need them. Mafi has given you a nice little list already but there are other issues which anyone who actually reads this forum can see. Why do you feel the need to to use Libreelec rather than the Android side does that not suggest to you that the Android side needs improvement. Thanks ever so much from a fully satisfied customer not
    1999gtv said:

Snide comment really? Sums up your attitude towards customers in one sentence let alone the flippant way you felt the need to post that there are no pressing issues when the forum is full of issues that have never been resolved. Why on earth would we be asking for updates and fixes if we did not need them. Mafi has given you a nice little list already but there are other issues which anyone who actually reads this forum can see. Why do you feel the need to to use Libreelec rather than the Android side does that not suggest to you that the Android side needs improvement. Thanks ever so much from a fully satisfied customer not

I'm sorry if you are offended, but I'm not trying to be flippant or dismiss any concerns. You seem to think otherwise, and I am trying to tell you that is not the case. You are the customer, and you are free to not believe my sincerity, but I really am here to help.

I mention that I mainly use LibreELEC on my personal Play 1 due to my own personal circumstances. If a Play1/Android specific issue hasn't been mentioned recently (In the last few months, and I read every new post/thread made to the forums) then I won't know about it. I don't avoid the Android OS due to bugs, but simply that LibreELEC will always be more efficient than Android for people who only need Kodi on that box, which is the case for my specific Play 1. Nothing more, nothing less.

It is nearly impossible for me to confirm most older issues when those issues are specific to a customer's given set up (specific tuner, geolocation for apps, audio set up, etc). Sometimes issues are solved and have nothing to do with the firmware, but users never come back and tell us what the fix was. It's hard to say what issues are still issues, or were the result of something we can fix in the firmware.

Mafi said:

There are several bugs still that need to be resolved:
    - Weather display on Homescreen does not work in Germany.
    - Wetek Theater app inserts blanks in station names where no blanks ought to be, i.e. in the middle of a word.
    - In Wetek Theater there should be a separate list with all FTA stations, but it does not exist or ist empty (cannot remember which it was last time I tried)
    - In Wetek Theater on switching channels sometimes audio and video are out of sync (video lags behind audio). Switching channels again often resolves that.
    - display resolution sometime changes itself back to a low setting on booting, although CEC is turned off
    - IPTV apps from Zattoo and Amazon Prime do not work. Zattoo does not show video (audio sometimes starts for just a moment). Amazon Video does not even start showing selected movie but returns to movie selection menu without displaying an error. These problems are especially annoying because the Play is made for exactly this kind of apps!
    - IPTV from Wetek Antenna app is a joke. Most stations are useless in Germany and many don't even work. I can live with that, I don't need that feature. But this was a feature being advertised so should at least be useful. It isn't.
    - German translation is bad in some parts. For example in the dialog for scanning for DVB channels it says "Sender x" at the bottom but it should read "Kanal" there, because the current channel being scanned is shown there.

I'm sure this list is far from complete, but these are the most annoying bugs the Play still suffers. Looking forward to a new update, but not holding my breath.

BTW: I am using the DVB-C tuner, I don't know if the bugs in Wetek Theater apply to the DVB-S one as well.
    Regards

Thank you, I will pass this information along. However, I must note that WeTek Antenna is no longer being maintained, and people who want to use IPTV should use Kodi instead and the IPTV Simple Client. It's a case where an existing application outclassed our own special software, and it didn't make any sense to continue to maintain it. It's like when Google comes along and makes a free app for something, and it turns out to be better than all the old apps out there for the same task.

Also, Amazon Prime and Amazon Video will never work correctly on the Play1, due to Amazon's requirements and support for older Android OSes, as well as their support for products without their preferred DRM support. We would really love for this to work, but it is something that only Amazon can control. I don't know much about Zattoo, but this might be the case for them as well.

As for the rest, we will do what we can to fix those issues.

edited November 2016
    @NedScott my apologies to you no need for me to be so snippy, frustration on my part. My wetek does not play nice with Openelec/Libreelec constant total freezes or glitches I know how to use Tvheadend and use it on my Pi without these issues. I use android for netflix mainly, plus a couple of other apps and would use the live TV aspect if it was easier to sort channels and had a decent epg not now and next. I have no complaints about the picture quality just the things I have already mentioned ( it is not wife friendly ). As all I am seeing is improvements to the play2 and nothing appears to be happening here it just seems as if the play 1 has been abandoned. Annoying to me but still no reason to snap at you apologies again EDIT following my rant on the 3rd november went back and tried Libreelec 7.02 on Nand and now it is the 18th november and in 2 weeks not one crash freeze or issue.
    @1999gtv

no worries. I can understand the frustration and what it might seem like from your perspective. I just want you guys do know that we haven't forgotten about the Play 1 :)

• johnny64johnny64 Posts: 22WeTek Community Member
    Anima said:

Hello Faos

This issue is already fixed, and it appears you have it working the first times.
    What changes did you make in android, for it not to boot afterwards?

Still, update you android, via weupdate app with this build:
    https://mega.nz/#!BgdxmKhK!dBN_E3CbyFqCnOnrG2yvqqJ0aVHciWyW2u5R6auz1cQ

Best regards

Unfortunately, in wetek play I installed OS 17.1, I lost finkciju reskue mode with a toothpick, currently built in NAND android and he does not rest Impassable-to upgrade 50% and not, uboot 1.16,1.17, signed5 ... Does any hope of rescue mode to make it work but to go back to the old OS 16.1?
  • ZiegenmelkerZiegenmelker Posts: 50WeTek Community Member
    Hi at all,

I have installed this Version. It works but I could not Boot the E2 from SD-Card. Who could help me? What should I do now? I pressed the Powerbutton, I press the Button below. I only get a Message of Android and I only could reboot.

Greetz Ziegemelker
    Thank you very much. It Works again...
    ...but without Dualboot. Is there a working Version?

Greetz from Germany
  • johnny64johnny64 Posts: 22WeTek Community Member
    I am your e boot from sd solved with -http: //www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php? P = / discussion / 20142 / hard-recovery-for-wetek
    Where have we gone posts, sad but happy?
    I have 2x wetek play, one of my Weteks can dual boot I flashed the file from post 161 in this thread and it worked. The other will not dual boot at all, the only way I can boot an sdcard is to use the 1.16 bootloader. You could try the file from post 161 and see if it works or there is also a link to the 1.17 bootloader only which may work for you. Hope you get it solved Ziegenmelker, if you do get it working again don't change screen resolution or use hdmi cec in android as that is what broke the dual boot on my first Wetek and despite trying every single method on this forum it has never worked since.
  • MC117MC117 Posts: 3,707Administrator - WeTek Community Manager
  • anteante Posts: 29WeTek Community Member
    Android can only to nand to WeTek OpenELEC ? I have an old TV and want to connect to WeTek openelec.
    Which is the best version of Android installed.Thanks
    Hi again,

it works now. Now I have another Problem:
    I have activated my Wetekaccount and Wetek Theater is away. How could this be?

Greetz Ziegenmelker
    Hi again,

I think I have a working System now on Android. After a few Boots Wetek Theater was back - I think the System could not recognice the DVB-S-Tuner. I don`t know why. I also have the Problem sometimes at E2, if I worked with Android before.
    I also have some other Question:
    1. Could I set the Wetek Play in Stand By - Mode with the Remotecontrol? It takes always a lot of time to boot the System.
    2. Could I Display the ongoing Programm of the TV-Station (with Time) in the TV-Station-List?
    3. Where could I find the TV-Button on the Remote-Control. There`s an Info before I start Wetek Theater, that I could use it. I have the Standard Wetek Play Remotecontrol for Android. I also have the E2-Remotecontrol, but it`s not working for Android.
    4. In the Menu of Wetek-Theater are some Parameters protected with a Password. What is the Standardpassword for it?
    5. The Switchingtime between the TV-Channels is longer than the Switchingtime at E2. Could I make it faster?
    6. When could we expect a new Version for the Wetek Play?

All in all is Android also a nice System, but there could be some optimization.

With kind Regards

Ziegenmelker
    It`s a pity. Wetek Play 2 is there and nobody takes care in Wetek Play (1)...
    question 4 password =0000

As to the rest don't know sorry