WeTek Community Forum

LibreELEC 7.1.0 / Kodi 16.1 for the Play2 by wrxtasy

wrxtasywrxtasy Posts: 1,221WeTek Community Member
edited October 2016 in LibreELEC (WP2)
Updated 08 Oct. 2016:

+ Kszaq's colorspace (solarisation) - RGB fix that is now switchable, via:
echo 1 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/output_rgb
+ A bypass fix for a 1080i 25p saturated colors - deinterlacing judder problem.
+ All 720p Hi10P Anime will now Software decode. 1080p Anime is still too much for the Play2.
+ Slight tweaks to SMB and NTFS drivers configuration for better performance.
+ 4K scaling and video playback improvements.
+ Improvements to AMLogic Audio thx to kwiboo and longchair
+ (note S/PDIF is untested with this change)

LibreELEC-WeTek_Play2.aarch64-7.1.0.RGB.Audio.update2.tar

======================

Archived - previous releases:

+Major Audio rework, now with Multichannel PCM (>2.0) Audio Support along with all Audio Passthrough options confirmed working. FLAC and AAC content users will be happy ! :smile:
+ S/PDIF is also working with this update
+ A test RGB colorspace switch for those with problematic Philips and Sony TV's, see this POST

LibreELEC-WeTek_Play2.aarch64-7.1.0.HEVC.PCM.EAC3.Audio.tar

======================

What I've tested and works:
+ Nearly all DVB-T frequencies in Australia, small problems with one particualar one still.
+ WiFi and Bluetooth
+ Full HDMI CEC control with Pulse8 libcec Kodi configuration
+ DD/AC3 Audio Passthrough, HD Audio passthrough options are present but untested
+ Dynamic Refresh switching
+ 23.976/29.97/59.94fps video sync
+ Video scaling including 2160p (4K), plus lots of 2160p 10bit HEVC clips
+ A whole bunch of different video codecs
+ 3D ISO Rips decoded and played back as 3D Half resolution HOU (Top/Bottom)
+ Interlaced DVD Rips (480/576i) will use high quality YADIFx2 Software deinterlacing
+ The remote control, inc OFF/Standby/ON
+ mpeg2 / H264 Live TV using an external TvHeadend backend server

What is not working and needs attention:
- Noticably buffering when Hardware decoding and viewing TV streams for the very first time only.
- This is a long standing bug on all AML devices when viewing TV streams in TvHeadend client Addon.
- Some buttons on the remote need remapping, suggestion is to use Kodi's Keymap Editor Addon.

LibreELEC-WeTek_Play2.aarch64-7.1.0.DVB.img.gz
LibreELEC-WeTek_Play2.aarch64-7.1.0.DVB.tar

Note: if Dual Boot is not working, users may need to update Android Firmware first:
That is Downloaded from HERE

PS. SSH password is >> le

Enjoy

W. :)

Comments

• QuadbeatQuadbeat Posts: 188WeTek Community Member
    Thanks wrxtasy :smile:
  • slatrislatri Posts: 10WeTek Community Member
    What is root password please
  • ozkaradagozkaradag Posts: 593WeTek Community Member
    root
    libreelec
    I have tried on 2 different networks and I have the same issue access denied
  • zbigzbig20zbigzbig20 Posts: 942WeTek Community Member
    Maybe
    root
    le
  • wrxtasywrxtasy Posts: 1,221WeTek Community Member
    edited September 2016
    yes "le"

I'm really get sick of typing "libreelec" when sshing in all the time.
    The password is given on one of the LE setup screens when you first flash and run an .img for the very first time. ;)
    edited September 2016
    Thank you good call lol The tv adapters are not showing up in tvh is there anything I can do? I am using dvb-s/dvb-t tuner
    edited September 2016
    Testing for the DVB-T drivers at least has finished and they are working well with the WeTek supplied LE test .images I have.
    I'm waiting for WeTek to publish the source code for these DVB drivers before I can plug them into this LE 7.1 image.
    Cool thanks for the update
  • vdmrvdmr Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
    @wrxtasy

how about dvb-s2? is it working with tvheadend?
  • nexiusnexius Posts: 82WeTek Community Member
    It's available NAND instalation?

I'm wondering if tvheadend server is working?
    edited September 2016
    Thx. to Codesnake, this afternoon I plugged in the WeTek modded AML DVB Firmware and have been playing around with TvHeadend server.

I can only test DVB-T here in Australia. 576i/720p/1080i mpeg2 and H264 TV Streams from a terrestrial antenna.
    Nearly all channels are working well apart from one particular Freq - 184.5MHz, that will need some tweaking by WeTek DVB devs. I'm getting picture breakup and Pixellation on that one.

DVB .tar update in Post #1 :)

=======================

The Hub and Play2 actually have internal eMMC. Its faster than good Samsung or Sandisk UHS-1 Class 10 SD cards. Its also faster than AML devices with internal NAND memory.

As an experiment I used an external adapter and top quality, fast Samsung eMMC Flash storage from my ODROID C2 and there are noticeable improvements to LibreELEC, particularly when buffering 2160p content.

eMMC Internal memory LE Installs are not currently available until further tweaks are done, otherwise you can Brick the Play2.
  • IdargosIdargos Posts: 13WeTek Community Member
    edited September 2016
    Hello wrxtasy, I test your build, the Play2 remote not working.

And the name of your LibreElec release for the Play2 is "....Wetek_Hub...", is it OK or not ?

Edit : the play 2 remote is working with the DVB update, it's OK.

• zbigzbig20zbigzbig20 Posts: 942WeTek Community Member
    edited September 2016
    @wrxtasy , I don't know why but my soundbar (connected by spdif) does not work with this le build. I have audio just from TV . On android everything is OK . On Wetek Play first gen in LE audio options I have to choose Alsa Dummy Codec SPDI/F in Play 2 no
    edited September 2016
    Hi, I've changed the sound setup recently in LibreELEC, what you can try as an experiment is SSH logging in and putting this in the /.config directory:

ssh root@ip.address.of.play2
    ip address found in Kodi's Sysinfo screen
    password > le
    CTRL-X to exit
    nano  .config/asound.conf
    copy and paste this:
    pcm.!default {
    type hw
    card 0
    device 1
    format S16_LE
    }

ctl.!default {
    type hw
    card 0
    }
  • FosphaticFosphatic Posts: 16WeTek Community Member
    Isn't codesnake working as well on a LibreElec support for the play 2? I hope we will have a stable image soon would be really cool as i bet the performance of this box is far way better then play 1 that was deffo not bad at all but not fluid at all as well. :blush:
    edited September 2016
    Yes Codesnake is one of many LibreELEC AMLogic developers. I grabbed WeTek Play2 specific drivers and bits and pieces from him for LE 7.1, and also pester him for info and tips from time to time ;)

There is a whole crew of us working on various LibreELEC 7.x.x distributions for AML S8xx/S9xx devices behind the scenes swapping code and ideas. I somehow seemed to have become a AML LE 7.x.x point man as I had an early S905 ODROID C2 - LE 7.0.0 version up when LibreELEC kicked off, after we all defected from OpenELEC.

This LE 7.1 has had 6 months development behind it already from my distro on the ODROID C2.
    AML has a pretty active Linux / LibreELEC developer community, we all feed off each other.

Everything is fast and fluid, so long as you get a decent microSDHC card or better still flash the image to internal eMMC memory. Then there is another noticeable speed bump again.
    Recommended SD cards are the UHS-1 Class 10 Samsung EVO+ ones or Sandisk.

The AML S905 in the C2 / Hub / Play2 is far more powerful than the ancient AML8726-MX in the Play1. The S905 has a excellent GPU/VPU combo that really eats up anything I feed it.

As an example I've just been testing improved HEVC playback and can smoothly decode 3840x2160p 160Mb/s HEVC with LE 7.1 on the Play2 without breaking a sweat. That is quite a bit in excess of typical 4K UHD Bluray bitrates.

Basically I don't think you will be disappointed with LE 7.1, there is a lot under the hood ! :)

Thanks mate for good work and of all you guy's efford. That's a good to hear that the scene is active so the hope dies last we will be able to have a stable image with working LE soon i guess. My play one is working like 90% fine actually but still not 100% stable as well micro sutters during watching dvb-s2 Live TV channels. No matter if scrambled or an open one sometimes the CPU get peaks as far i see and that's the main reason for a short stutter. I hope with newer tuner and more modern drivers with play 2 to get an awesome box soon. Sadly there is no option during buy process to choose a device with dvb-s2 tuner somehow.
    With Hardware video decoding you rarely see any of the 4 CPU's go above 15%. The S905's VPU does all the hard work.

Even doing mpeg2 576i DVD (CPU) Software decoding with high quality YADIFx2 full motion deinterlacing the 4 CPU's sit on about 55-60%

Not sure what you can do looking for a DVB-S2 tuner if none are listed.
    edited September 2016
    JZ that sounds awesome with software decoder on play one the box is deffo dying and the picture quality is more worse the acceptable somehow. But as far i know amlogic is well known for a good hardware deinterlacer i so it should be fine when the drivers from the manifacturer will get an update. The first box was already more powerfull then the most classic dvb s2 receivers and this one looks like well enough for anything u wish then. Do u use the default skin? I prefer this mimic: one because it has a clear interface and much better readable fonts somehow then the default skin. Aeon Nox is an awesome skin as well but overloaded a bit and till now except a real htpc never saw a very fluid arm box. But when mimic is running well on the new then i would be really satisfied as i like this skin much and my wife likes it more then others as well.

edit:

@wrxtasy hey i have one question u mentioned that tvheadend is running as i had always to many bugs with tvheadend i prefer vdr as backend for watching LiveTV could u test if vdr is working? Your performance description made me to want one faster somehow. :blush:
  • nexiusnexius Posts: 82WeTek Community Member
    Please help...

I want to install @wrxtasy LibreELEC 7.1.0 in to sdcard, but I don't know how and what files to use?!?!?

I saw the post 1 of this threat, but I see 2 files...

Please help me... any tutorial?
  • AnimaAnima Posts: 1,988WeTek Support Team
    Hello @nexius

Use this one:
    https://mega.nz/#!X0UEwQDR!khIwC1GNnloRWzc71fcsCK_iMsfrZVpt8Kz5DT8BmJQ

.img if for Sdcard
    .tar is for updating.

Best regards

@nexius

you have to download the *.img.gz from the first post. Then u have to extract the .img package (with e.g. 7zip). The .img u can flash with the tool Win32DiskImager. Its very easy. Just locate the IMG and select your drive. Finally press "write" and wait 1-2min. Now u can put your sd card into the device and press powerbutton while booting to switch the boot medium. greetz v
    @wrxtasy

is it just my skin/config or is hibernate/suspend mode really not working by now?
  • hokuspokuzzhokuspokuzz Posts: 207WeTek Community Member
    flashed .img to SD card. bootloop after libreelec boot logo every time, starting well already...
    vdmr said:

@wrxtasy

is it just my skin/config or is hibernate/suspend mode really not working by now?

There is no hibernate/suspend on AMLogic Android or LibreELEC platforms.
    The OS will only shutdown and then reboot every time if you got to try it anyway, so I've actually removed that function.
    @wrxtasy flashed my box with your .img...first boot LibreElec goes OK it says checking storage 1 2 3 4.....and then rebooting in 15 seconds. But after first reboot, it goes into forever bootloop at LibreElec logo. any ideas?
  • lglz1337lglz1337 Posts: 438WeTek Community Member
    edited September 2016
    well done wetek team releasing another crap box, how can you get away with this ?

android os IS CRAP AS ****** and librelec not installing properly

WELL ****** DONE!!!
  • AnimaAnima Posts: 1,988WeTek Support Team
    Hello
    @hokuspokuzz
    Have you updated your Android to the latest firmware?

@lglz1337
    I guess our warns in the past have done nothing to change your attitude and foul language.

Best regards

yes @Anima i updated to DB-j103 as stated in the original post. after that i tried the libreelec sd card .img

first boot LibreElec goes OK it says checking storage 1 2 3 4.....and then rebooting in 15 seconds. But after first reboot, it goes into forever bootloop at LibreElec logo. any ideas?