WeTek Community Forum

LibreELEC 7.1.0 / Kodi 16.1 for the Play2 by wrxtasy

Comments

• hokuspokuzzhokuspokuzz Posts: 207WeTek Community Member
    ... ?
  • vdmrvdmr Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
    edited September 2016
    lglz1337 said:

well done wetek team releasing another crap box, how can you get away with this ?

android os IS CRAP AS ****** and librelec not installing properly

WELL ****** DONE!!!

whats wrong with u? chill down mk

yes @Anima i updated to DB-j103 as stated in the original post. after that i tried the libreelec sd card .img

first boot LibreElec goes OK it says checking storage 1 2 3 4.....and then rebooting in 15 seconds. But after first reboot, it goes into forever bootloop at LibreElec logo. any ideas?

i had similar problems. try to format your sd and do it like i said in my previous post.
    wrxtasy said:

vdmr said:

@wrxtasy

is it just my skin/config or is hibernate/suspend mode really not working by now?

There is no hibernate/suspend on AMLogic Android or LibreELEC platforms.
    The OS will only shutdown and then reboot every time if you got to try it anyway, so I've actually removed that function.
    nice. everything is working here. i appreciate your work. well done sir ;)

edit: how about a nand version?
    @vdmr i have tried it several times, I have also tried formatting the sd card. as what do you format? i did fat32
  • zbigzbig20zbigzbig20 Posts: 942WeTek Community Member
    Maybe your sd card is bad? I have 2 sd cards. One samsung evo + 32gb class 10 and second sandisc ultra 32gb class 10 . On one installed build from @wrxtasy on second dev build from @codesnake and both works good :-) now i see there is fix for spdif in new le from @codesnake so time for update. Hope @wrxtasy add this fix in his build :-)
    pff...im using sandisk 8gb class 10 from my wetek 1
    edited September 2016
    tried another sd card, same ****
  • QuadbeatQuadbeat Posts: 188WeTek Community Member
    edited September 2016
    Are you pressing enough Power button when prompted to boot from microSD card?

1. Download and Install SD Formatter for Windows from:

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/eula_windows/

2. Insert your microSD card at Windows PC, start SD Formatter and format your microSD card.

3. Burn again LibreELEC .IMG file with Win32 Disk Imager.

4. Be sure that your WeTek Play 2 device is updated to latest WeTek OS v1.1

5. Insert microSD in WeTek Play 2 power on/restart, and when you see Boot menu screen start immediately to press Power button, keep pressing for 10 second.

6. WeTek Play 2 will boot into LibreELEC.

When You want to boot from internal flash eMMC, you just need keep pressing Power button at Boot Menu.
    dude ive been here since wetek 1 i know how it works. As I stated, it does boot from SD card...i see the LibreElec boot logo, and then the first time it does checking storage ....1 2 3 4 ....and then it says reoboting in 15 seconds. Then it reboots and its still on SD card boot, it shows the libreelec logo again and then goes back to the wetek boot logo everytime.

wetek boot logo -> libreelec logo -> wetek logo -> libreelec logo

when i then hold the power down key it goes back to NAND boot indeed and android boots fine.

yes im on Wetek OS 1.1
    edited September 2016
    That is really strange. Since you are familiar with device, can you try to catch log with Serial cable?

Can you PM to me MAC Address of your WeTek Play 2?
    shoot me plz, not this again. not today, tired after work. tommorow maybe
    Sure, no problem. Anyway if you can PM me MAC Address that could help as well.
  • wrxtasywrxtasy Posts: 1,221WeTek Community Member
    This is really very strange behavior. I do try to test every image I post up.

Just to be 100% sure something has not gone haywire, I downloaded the latest DVB.img and flashed my very old Sandisk Class 6 SD card using a Mac and everything was fine.

No bootloops like hokuspokuzz describes.

Personally I would boot into Android Recovery and Wipe all the Caches and start the Play2 from scratch incase some cached setting is causing this bootloop issue.

Bootloops like this normally point to a power supply issue. Are there any power draining USB Peripherals attached to the Play2 ?
    @wrxtasy no USB devices attached, already tried factory reset/ delete cache from recovery mode + reflash with the zipped firmware you attached
    its not only your image by though so dont worry about that, i have the same issue with libreelec 7.0 from the other topic
  • AnimaAnima Posts: 1,988WeTek Support Team
    Hello @hokuspokuzz

That is indeed strange behavior, and seems only your play2 is doing this.
    Can you try booting other image from mSD card? try with this:
    http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/28338/ubuntu-16-04-mate-minimal-for-wetek-play-2#latest

just to see if the behavior is the same.
    Thank you

Best regards

• drteixeiradrteixeira Posts: 4WeTek Community Member

its not only your image by though so dont worry about that, i have the same issue with libreelec 7.0 from the other topic

Hi,

I'm facing the same issue with my brand new Wetek Play 2. Already tried both available LibreELEC images, cleaned cache / factory reset.
    On the other hand, the Ubuntu 16.04 minimal image works.
    edited September 2016
    cancel and lego home, done with this ****
  • drteixeiradrteixeira Posts: 4WeTek Community Member

cancel and lego home, done with this sht

I'm not willing to give up that easy. I will try to flash the sdcard again today using another tool.
    Yesterday I tried using dd command on OS X.
    i used win32diskiamger so u can skip that one aswell
    Hello @hokuspokuzz

I can understand the frustration of something like this happening.
    Did this happen to you before? double frustration.

now let's not go off-topic, and most import do not let you tongue Decay.

If you're not interested in troubleshooting and are not satisfied with your device, you have 14 days refund period.

Best regards

Hello @drteixeira

If it bootloops, somehow the Libreelec is failing to create the necessary folder/partitions.
    Meaning the Wetek is doing the dual boot, it is just the startup of Libreelec that is failing.

My advice would be to full format, with SDFormatter.
    Write using Win32disk imager

Or alternatively change the mSD card to another one.

Best regards

• zbigzbig20zbigzbig20 Posts: 942WeTek Community Member
    You can try new app for load le to sd card Libreelec usb - sd creTor to download here: https://libreelec.tv/2016/08/usb-sd-creator/

Just choose there wetek play and insert downloaded le for play 2 and write it to sd
  • MacindoMacindo Posts: 2WeTek Community Member
    @wrxtasy thanks for the awesome work.

I'm new to the wetek world with the play 2 but with this great build I'm managed to get Libreelec up and running, live TV thru TVheadend, plexkodiconnect and Spotify.

It's taken a bit of time, but this forum has been a great help.
  • badkarmaboybadkarmaboy Posts: 38WeTek Community Member
    edited September 2016
    Hello @wrxtasy,

first off - thank you for all the effort you put into this!

While testing your build I'm encountering several issues:

1. no audio issue.

The Play2 is connected via HDMI to my TV (Philips 52PFL9704H). TV is connected via Coaxial Digital Audio Out to AVR (Pioneer VS-915). I have left the audio device in Kodi as default (ALSA: AML-M8AUDIO, HDMI) and enabled Passthrough for DD(AC3) and DTS, but I don't get any sound, neither in Kodi directly, nor in any movie.

I also cycled through the available audio devices to no avail. I didn't restart in between, I got it that's not necessary, right?

Sound works fine while in the WeTek image (Wetek Media Player) and in the preinstalled Krypton Alpha. I have just duplicated the settings regarding Passthrough from there.

I already tried the custom asound.conf you posted on the first page of this thread for @zbigzbig20.

2. Screen turns pink

Known issue, discussed here. Maybe you could incorporate the required fixes in your image? I looked for /sys/devices/virtual/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/rgb_mode, but it's not present.

3. DVB-S2 is not working

I don't know if it's just me, but I can't get it to run. Tuner is found, but upn scanning no channels are found. Here's the output for two muxes from Astra 19.2E:

2016-09-08 20:29:53.000 mpegts: 12551.5V in Astra 19.2E - tuning on Availink AVL6211+AV2011 DVB-S/S2 : DVB-S #0
    2016-09-08 20:29:53.064 opentv-skyit: registering mux 12551.5V in Astra 19.2E
    2016-09-08 20:29:53.074 subscription: 0002: "scan" subscribing to mux "12551.5V", weight: 5, adapter: "Availink AVL6211+AV2011 DVB-S/S2 : DVB-S #0", network: "Astra 19.2E", service: "Raw PID Subscription"
    2016-09-08 20:30:03.000 mpegts: 12551.5V in Astra 19.2E - scan no data, failed
    2016-09-08 20:30:03.000 subscription: 0002: "scan" unsubscribing
    2016-09-08 20:32:35.829 mpegts: 12551.5V in Astra 19.2E (0x7f7800fe90) - deleting
    2016-09-08 20:38:16.000 mpegts: 11953.5H in Astra - tuning on Availink AVL6211+AV2011 DVB-S/S2 : DVB-S #0
    2016-09-08 20:38:16.064 opentv-skyit: registering mux 11953.5H in Astra
    2016-09-08 20:38:16.073 subscription: 0003: "scan" subscribing to mux "11953.5H", weight: 5, adapter: "Availink AVL6211+AV2011 DVB-S/S2 : DVB-S #0", network: "Astra", service: "Raw PID Subscription"
    2016-09-08 20:38:26.000 mpegts: 11953.5H in Astra - scan no data, failed
    2016-09-08 20:38:26.000 subscription: 0003: "scan" unsubscribing
    2016-09-08 20:39:31.706 mpegts: 11953.5H in Astra - tuning on Availink AVL6211+AV2011 DVB-S/S2 : DVB-S #0
    2016-09-08 20:39:31.728 subscription: 0004: "scan" subscribing to mux "11953.5H", weight: 6, adapter: "Availink AVL6211+AV2011 DVB-S/S2 : DVB-S #0", network: "Astra", service: "Raw PID Subscription"
    2016-09-08 20:39:41.000 mpegts: 11953.5H in Astra - scan no data, failed
    2016-09-08 20:39:41.000 subscription: 0004: "scan" unsubscribing

Maybe you have any suggestion what to try next?

Thank you in advance!
  • mrwishmrwish Posts: 20WeTek Community Member
    wrxtasy said:

+ DD/AC3 Audio Passthrough, HD Audio passthrough options are present but untested

Just a quick question for you, does this mean the option for Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC3) passthrough is there?

Brilliant news if so! :D It's the one thing (along with 4k support of course!) missing from the first generation Wetek Play that I could really do with.

• MacindoMacindo Posts: 2WeTek Community Member
    @badkarmaboy I had audio issues too initially via HDMI, mine were related to the CEC adapter.

In input devices > peripherals I made sure CEC adapter was enabled then set it all to default, then restarted. It seemed to kick start the adapter. Might work for you too.
    @Macindo, I also suspected libCEC and as I don't use it I disabled it (as I did in the factory installation with both Kodi installs). Again, no change.

CEC is some advanced wizardry I will try to master further down the road.
  • FosphaticFosphatic Posts: 16WeTek Community Member
    @badkarmaboy, hey mate it looks like your logs says that no channel are found. I had similiar issues with any tvheadend version on my wetek play 1. The initial scan fails because the default muxes is or are filled with not right data. Just try to delete it and create a new one with real channel data don't matter which channel you pick, u should just be sure that the channel is still active and available at the frequencies. Then try the initial scan again. This way i was always able to get the real muxes updated, but had many other issues with tvheadend at all. I like the web interface configuration at all, that's really cool but never had a stable enough state reached. Latest after one month working it started working more worse then bad. That's why i gave a try to VDR the other backend for getting Live TV running. That one has sadly no web interface to configurate but it's okay tho. Because u can build your own channel list on pc for example and put that into the config directory, after a reboot of the device you have only to reset the in kodi settings the livetv settings and it's syncing the channels with backend. VDR is running pretty stable never had an issue except the fact that play one has a bit too less horsepower seems to be and have a short stutters on HD channels especially during high cpu peaks, but you have the play 2 so u should be fine on anything. Wraxtasy and the other guys are doing an amazing job so we should be able to get an stable release soon.

It can be really frustrating when something don't work like it should even you follow exactly the tutorial to setup something but to be honest, that's where the fun starts for me :sweat_smile:

From 10 play 1 boxes i had configured for anyone to me related people i had only saw one defective box at all. And on one was the tuner dead after short while as my own after one year but it was uncomplicated to get a replace part, as the defective box was changed pretty fast by wetek support employee so I was always satisfied with those guys. As a suggestion to make things better would be as always to forward the wishes of your users into chip manifacturer direction. AML should really do something to improve their drivers and if they can't do it by them own there many smart guys out there with the right ideas to improve such things. :smiley:

regards,

fossy

p.s. sorry for a bit off topic but i saw that one user was blaming wetek and their products. :neutral:
    @Fosphatic, will try other valid channels later today as I'm currently at work. The frequency 11953.5H should be valid though.

Thanks for the tip about VDR, will surely give it a try!
    It can be really frustrating when something don't work like it should even you follow exactly the tutorial to setup something but to be honest, that's where the fun starts for me :sweat_smile:
    I wouldn't have bought this box, if I didn't want to mess around with it :)
  • FosphaticFosphatic Posts: 16WeTek Community Member
    @badkarmaboy: That's the point every know it's only out of the box experience with android probably but openelec / libreelec is more for people with attitude to mess around with :wink:

Well one channel should be enough for initial scan. I had this behaviour on any box and even on htpc with tvheadend. As well it should be maintained somehow don't know what the guys try to mention with that but well VDR is pretty easy and never needed a maintain from my side. Running over one year now pretty stable. But i'm deffo looking forward to see how the play 2 is doing the job. My m8 box from tronsmart with a quadcore older S802 CPU is deffo more smooth in menu as starting any streams or videos from a smb share. S905 is newer so i expect a slightly better performance in everything.